Page 202 of 239 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3576
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Yes!
    Even Geoff Johns chose Barry Allen to be the Blue Lantern in that zombie/ghoul whatever 'crisis'. Barry was the symbol of hope then. I'd argue for Superman being one as well.

Wally also seemed to me to be more motivated by love. He world was ruled by his love for Iris, The Flash, Dick, the Teen Titans, the wonderful bunch given to us by Messner-Loeb, the assorted girl friends, the Justice League, The Titans, Jay, Max, Bart (yes, Bart), Linda, Jai, Irey.
    Wally is a very passionate guy. (Also bull-headed.)

(Lord, I'm starting to compare him to Anakin Skywalker and I don't particularly like Anakin Skywalker. Better stop here.)
    I never really thought of where Wally would fit in the Lantern emotional spectrum but I probably would not have guessed love but it actually makes a lot of sense for Wally.

Good observation. One of Wally's main feats and biggest touchstones is coming back from being swallowed up by the Speed force because of his lightning rod. Among other things.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I never really thought of where Wally would fit in the Lantern emotional spectrum but I probably would not have guessed love but it actually makes a lot of sense for Wally.

Good observation. One of Wally's main feats and biggest touchstones is coming back from being swallowed up by the Speed force because of his lightning rod. Among other things.
    I mean, for me, it's clear that he's motivated by his love and occasionally ruled by his passions. It's one of his charms.
    But I also are of the opinion that Jason Todd, my other fave from DC, is driven by his empathy (his problems spring from him caring too much; he becomes angry because of other's problems) as well as his love (or the lack of: the other force powering his anger).

So, well, I may have some weird ideas in my head.

BANNED

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Can't wait.

I just realized FF#1 ended with Wally literally finding hope (or a symbole of hope) and now he has to save it/him. Maybe Lobdell is a better writer than we think.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Can't wait.

I just realized FF#1 ended with Wally literally finding hope (or a symbole of hope) and now he has to save it/him. Maybe Lobdell is a better writer than we think.
    Lobdell is not inherently bad. He can do and has done some nice stuff. But he is a work-horse, and the writer usually drafted to carry on mandates. That's the real issue here.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member

Can't wait.

or Wally is in such a bad place Lobdell can only bring him up from here

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Lobdell is not inherently bad. He can do and has done some nice stuff. But he is a work-horse, and the writer usually drafted to carry on mandates. That's the real issue here.
    You're absolutely right on everything, as usual !

It's still a bit weird to be THAT excited for a Lobdell book.

Incredible Member

I have to admit I'm quite excited too! The presence of Earth-23 Superman and seeing his Justice League helps with that and I just hope that we don't have a dip in quality

Astonishing Member

Just wait for the other shoe to drop.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Just wait for the other shoe to drop.
    In their defense, it's "Wally West on Earth 23 (also known as "THE BEST EARTH™").

As i said when the first issue released, I'm totally expecting this series to lead to an status quo that is absolutely crappy for Wally as we know him, but still, Lobdell is trying to deliver something worth the fans money, God bless his heart. It's just that he probably as to carry on with editorial too, and we know the editorial inclination here.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Lobdell doesn't have to "carry on" with editorial. He is and always has been an editorial gopher. It's his place in the company. Dude will listlessly crank out infinite stories suited to editorial agenda.

Extraordinary Member

Incredible Member

preview looked less depressing than issue 1 so I'll give it a shot. i'll try to post some scans when it comes up midnight.

Incredible Member

Someone posted a MASSIVE game changing spoiler.

spoilers:
    Jai and Irey are alive and older. Irey is wearing a broken Impulse suit
    end of spoilers

Edit: This is on reddit
    Last edited by Darkcrusade25; 10-15-2019 at 07:52 PM.