Page 208 of 239 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3576
  1. #3106
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    It's a miniseries. Those usually don't do as well. And yes, the book is outselling most of DC's ongoings. It's a midlist title.

    I think they're just going to segue into whatever event Wally is part of, and Flash Forward is just a stopgap meant to fix the character, that's it. And I suspect this team got the book because they did that fun Flash/Speed Buggy crossover that people liked.

    It's Hanlon's Razor, folks.
    DC’s ongoing are doing rather poor. Doing better then ongoings that debuted under 50k isn’t saying much, as it usually isn’t good for an ongoing to debut under 50k. The team got the book cause they are fast and connected. It’s same reason Lobdell keeps landing projects, and is even able to influence characters long term like Ric, despite being a bottom of the charts creator with a history of harassment. But they know how his work performs. At this point they aren’t putting guys like Lobdell and Booth on projects they are serious about. If they are, then DC has real management problems.

    Like I said before, FF is just an attempt at appeasement. A way for them to say hey look we’re doing something with Wally after HIC, but with little risk of then having to do anything more substantial. As Wally is still not a character those at DC are actually interested in investing in. And now they get to say well he didn’t sell enough.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-11-2019 at 10:19 AM.

  2. #3107
    Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    DCís ongoing are doing rather poor. Doing better then ongoings that debuted under 50k isnít saying much, as it usually isnít good for an ongoing to debut under 50k. The team got the book cause they are fast and connected. Itís same reason Lobdell keeps landing projects, and is even able to influence characters long term like Ric, despite being a bottom of the charts creator with a history of harassment. But they know how his work performs. At this point they arenít putting guys like Lobdell and Booth on projects they are serious about. If they are, then DC has real management problems.

    Like I said before, FF is just an attempt at appeasement. A way for them to say hey look weíre doing something with Wally after HIC, but with little risk of then having to do anything more substantial. As Wally is still not character those at DC are actually interested in investing in. And now they get to say well he didnít sell enough.
    It's supposed to segue into a big event next year and chances are there is where the story will really continue. It really looks as if they rushed out this and the Harley/Ivy mini right after HiC as a way of moving past HiC. I really doubt Wally will be pushing up daisies at this point. It's been done already.

    Honestly, what's wrong with a Speedfoce book starring assorted speedsters? If a solo isn't in the cards, how about something focusing on the Flash family? It would go a long way toward addressing the comic division's poor treatment of the Flashverse. I just want them to clean up the character, retcon as need be, and then move forward, pretending that HiC never happened. Put the character in a team book. Heck, Marvel does that all the time with characters whose solos don't do so great (America Chavez, for instance). It wasn't done to gin up sales and I doubt there was interest in putting this creative team on an ongoing. Booth even says that he got this assignment in mid-May. It was rushed.

  3. #3108
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    19,715

    Default

    Yeah, pre-Flashpoint and even pre-Crisis continuity has been reasserting itself... but not in Flash. Both Wally and Bart are missing their supporting casts, and several speedsters are missing from before Flashpoint. Jay's back now, but via time travel - he doesn't know any of his successors and Barry doesn't know him (though Wally and Bart should, they just haven't met him yet). Most of the Teen Titans/Young Justice continuity appears to be back based on the Rebirth Titans and current YJ books, but Titans 1999 (the one with gold Cyborg) is a definite exception, due to Jesse Quick's non-existence. It would be nice if they did a continuity repair storyline. Admittedly, Flash Forward may be teasing this by using Wally's kids.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-11-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  4. #3109
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy/statu...09853771124738

    Brett Booth says the sales of Flash Forward failed to meet to ongoing criteria.

    Ah well. Maybe he will leave Wally alone now. I didn't buy the book because of him and Lobdell, I was waiting for the trade. News about the kids didn't help the matters. Turns out I wasn't alone.

    Besides that the book didn't have any marketing whatsoever, what were they expecting?
    Really??? They should be THANKFUL for any sales.

    Look at what Wally has been put through since 2009.

    He is not even suppose to be here-Wallace was suppose to be HIM.

    The SOUR taste HIC left everybody.

    Who was going to support this book? Especially with what is going on with X-Men? Miles Morales, Spider-Man books and even stuff at other companies.

    There were too many better choices to buy than a book where the lead has been treated as public enemy number one.

  5. #3110
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    It's supposed to segue into a big event next year and chances are there is where the story will really continue. It really looks as if they rushed out this and the Harley/Ivy mini right after HiC as a way of moving past HiC. I really doubt Wally will be pushing up daisies at this point. It's been done already.

    Honestly, what's wrong with a Speedfoce book starring assorted speedsters? If a solo isn't in the cards, how about something focusing on the Flash family? It would go a long way toward addressing the comic division's poor treatment of the Flashverse. I just want them to clean up the character, retcon as need be, and then move forward, pretending that HiC never happened. Put the character in a team book. Heck, Marvel does that all the time with characters whose solos don't do so great (America Chavez, for instance). It wasn't done to gin up sales and I doubt there was interest in putting this creative team on an ongoing. Booth even says that he got this assignment in mid-May. It was rushed.
    They don't want competition for Barry. Same mess with Green Lantern.

    They want all support to who they LIKE. Notice you don't see Simon & Jessica with a book. Because LOL their book at times did better than Hals in floppies & trades. Yet who does not have a book now?

    That has been the issue. Look at Marvel-Peter is still number one but he has Miles, Gwen, Venom, Carnage and others around him. All making the company money versus it coming from ONE guy like we see here.

  6. #3111
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    19,715

    Default

    Jessica DOES have a book, it's just not a solo. She's the main character in Justice League Odyssey.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  7. #3112
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They don't want competition for Barry. Same mess with Green Lantern.

    They want all support to who they LIKE. Notice you don't see Simon & Jessica with a book. Because LOL their book at times did better than Hals in floppies & trades. Yet who does not have a book now?

    That has been the issue. Look at Marvel-Peter is still number one but he has Miles, Gwen, Venom, Carnage and others around him. All making the company money versus it coming from ONE guy like we see here.
    And this is why I have no trouble envisioning DC one day having to sell characters if not the whole enchilada to a rival like Disney/Marvel. They keep making mistakes both in the books and the movies.
    As was said before, DC Editorial seems to want only a small handful of their favorites: Batman, Superman, Hal Jordon. Every other character is on a "Don't call us, we'll call you" status. In the Previews there are lots of Marvel ones, but precious few solicits for DC books. Instead of making me center on their favorites, I'm even losing interest in the characters beyond Wally that I used to buy trades of. (Barry? What is Barry up to -- no clue. Is Jay back yet? *shrugs* Where is Kyle? Dunno.) Yes, even Superman and I never thought I'd lose interest in Superman any more than I would Wally because I've loved Superman since George Reeves hit the small screen. DC is driving me -not to other comics- to other forms of entertainment and discretionary income use. Without the Flash Forward trade (assuming the story ended decently) the only books I plan to buy in the foreseeable future are Baron's and Waid's upcoming Flash reprints.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

  8. #3113
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,629
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: All Star Comics, Justice League of America (Satalite years era), Huntress ('89 series)

  9. #3114
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    It's a wonder they got away with that idea for as long as they did.
    I still think it was just Wally wanting an excuse when he got the munchies for junk food.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

  10. #3115
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    663

    Default

    The Flash Age is coming guys !

    https://www.newsarama.com/47843-dc-s...ary-event.html

    I really hope to see Wally in this arc.
    The Flash is not about Tragedy - Wally West Appreciation Thread : 376 pages.
    Wally West Appreciation Thread 2018 : 94 pages
    Wally West: The Flash Appreciation 2019 : 239 pages

    Good stories must survive : https://theflashlives.com/

  11. #3116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    The Flash Age is coming guys !

    https://www.newsarama.com/47843-dc-s...ary-event.html

    I really hope to see Wally in this arc.
    Wait, Paradox?

  12. #3117
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    The Flash Age is coming guys !

    https://www.newsarama.com/47843-dc-s...ary-event.html

    I really hope to see Wally in this arc.
    but he's gunna be stuck in prison again once he returns to earth 0. batman and the league aren't gunna just turn a blind eye to a mass murderer seemingly escaping from prison.

  13. #3118
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    but he's gunna be stuck in prison again once he returns to earth 0. batman and the league aren't gunna just turn a blind eye to a mass murderer seemingly escaping from prison.
    Lmao Batman was perfectly content to let Jason run around before he shot Penguin. And really Flash Forward will probably reveal Wally was possessed or influenced by the Dark Multiverse or whatever.

  14. #3119
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao Batman was perfectly content to let Jason run around before he shot Penguin. And really Flash Forward will probably reveal Wally was possessed or influenced by the Dark Multiverse or whatever.
    bat related characters get special treatment.

  15. #3120
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    but he's gunna be stuck in prison again once he returns to earth 0. batman and the league aren't gunna just turn a blind eye to a mass murderer seemingly escaping from prison.
    This is also the end of Flash Forward, and I'm pretty sure HiC is going to be RetConned so I wouldn't worry about the JL.
    The Flash is not about Tragedy - Wally West Appreciation Thread : 376 pages.
    Wally West Appreciation Thread 2018 : 94 pages
    Wally West: The Flash Appreciation 2019 : 239 pages

    Good stories must survive : https://theflashlives.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •