Page 175 of 239 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    - A very particular character tied to Wally appears in Green Lantern Annual #1 but no mention of our boy.
    That was more like Morrison referencing himself.
    Also, it's not the same character, he gave him another name.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    That was more like Morrison referencing himself.
    Also, it's not the same character, he gave him another name.
    You’re right, but since Wally saved his planet, it would have been nice to mention the Human Race arc.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I have to admit, I’m really excited to read what Manapul and Waid have to say about The Flash.

Two HUGE Flash Fans, it has to be interesting. I hope it won’t sound too corporate ...
    Wait, so DC and Waid are willing to work together for an essay but not on any actual comics? Weird.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I know it’s stupid but things are pretty depressing today :

- Every Speedsters appear in Last Knight on Earth #2 but Batman won’t even pronounce the name of You-Know-Who.
    - A very particular character tied to Wally appears in Green Lantern Annual #1 but no mention of our boy.
    - 80 years of The Flash will only show Barry Allen. No Jay, no Wally, only Barry.

DC definitely knows how to speak to its fanbase.

Nothing different than the last ten years, I know, but still, it’s upsetting.
    I noticed that too in Last Knight. Usually wouldnt give it a second thought but with everything DC has been doing to Wally the little things I generally wouldn't notice stands out.

But no.matter what current DC, with its pettiness tries to do Wally is an iconic character spanning generations that will not be undone by a few spiteful people.

With that said I just bought The Flash by Geoff Johns book one.

Now that Im not spending money on DC's modern destruction of my favorite heroes I have money to spare on the great stories when DC was great. Maybe I'll even pick up a few of those facsimile issues that Didio loves.

I"ve read the Messner Loeb and Waid stories over and over but only read the Johns stories once. And that was awhile ago. Mainly because I don't remember liking them as much but I want to revisit them and see if it will be different then what I remember.

I remember this era taking away Wally's unique Flash look and making him look like Barry but having glanced at the inside recently I see that it's just the covers and Wally still has his cool white eyes and dark red suit. So I'm going to start with this one.

Hopefully it will be good.

AUG150268.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Wait, so DC and Waid are willing to work together for an essay but not on any actual comics? Weird.
    Crazy right ?

I don’t expect Waid to be allowed to say things like « just like I said 10 years ago, you screw up my boy » but it should be fun. I already preordered the book !

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    This is not unprecedented: Roy Thomas has written dozens of introductions/essays for DC's Golden Age characters since leaving DC in 1989 yet, despite a few one-on one-off projects in the thirty years since then - they have never allowed him to return to those characters on any active project that might go beyond a few pages in an 80 page giant, despite Thomas stating numerous times that he would love nothing more than to write the JSA characters again. And, like Waid, Roy has had serious issues with the higher ups at DC.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I noticed that too in Last Knight. Usually wouldnt give it a second thought but with everything DC has been doing to Wally the little things I generally wouldn't notice stands out.

But no.matter what current DC, with its pettiness tries to do Wally is an iconic character spanning generations that will not be undone by a few spiteful people.

With that said I just bought The Flash by Geoff Johns book one.

Now that Im not spending money on DC's modern destruction of my favorite heroes I have money to spare on the great stories when DC was great. Maybe I'll even pick up a few of those facsimile issues that Didio loves.

I"ve read the Messner Loeb and Waid stories over and over but only read the Johns stories once. And that was awhile ago. Mainly because I don't remember liking them as much but I want to revisit them and see if it will be different then what I remember.

I remember this era taking away Wally's unique Flash look and making him look like Barry but having glanced at the inside recently I see that it's just the covers and Wally still has his cool white eyes and dark red suit. So I'm going to start with this one.

Hopefully it will be good.

AUG150268.jpg
    I thought Johns started REALLY strong. Wonderland and Blood will Run were exceptional.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

You’re right, but since Wally saved his planet, it would have been nice to mention the Human Race arc.
    Wally didn't save anything in this timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wally didn't save anything in this timeline.
    You think Manhattan messed up with Kwyzz too ? Well, at least Krakkl is alive, somewhere, looking at his old buddy murdering people and trashing bodies.

Spectacular Member

You think Manhattan messed up with Kwyzz too ? Well, at least Krakkl is alive, somewhere, looking at his old buddy murdering people and trashing bodies.
    krakkl's probably barrys childhood friend now.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I thought Johns started REALLY strong. Wonderland and Blood will Run were exceptional.
    Agreed. And I'm always interested in whether or not people like the big shift in the book after #200.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Agreed. And I'm always interested in whether or not people like the big shift in the book after #200.
    Yeah, there's decent stuff after 200 but it's largely massively inferior to the stuff that came before it. Giving Wally his secret identity back was a huge mistake but worse was that the rest of Johns' run was done under the shadow of having Wally and Linda's unborn children being murdered by Zoom. I reread Rogue War a few weeks ago and I was surprised by how little I liked it.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    krakkl's probably barrys childhood friend now.
    I laughed. Thank you.

I know I'm in the minority here but I actually think John's run really picks up at 192. Blitz, Ignition and Rogue War are probably my three favourite arcs of his run. I still like his earlier stuff but those were the highlights for me.

I haven't read Johns' run since it was new, so I don't remember the details, but I specifically remember complaining about it at the time. For most of the series, Flash was a light, fun, upbeat series, and Johns took it in a much darker direction.
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.