Page 35 of 239 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Bendis saying he loves Wally means he loves Wally.

I don't see why that should be cast in a negative light.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    King said it from the outset. This comic, HiC, is about taking Harley and Booster and making them core to DC.
    The idea of the current Booster Gold becoming core to the DCU is...disturbing.
    It's less a doubt of sincerity and more that basically every single writer in and out of DC's offices has said they love Wally and, well, look where we've been for a decade.
    Have they, though? For the most part, King aside, I've only heard of writers loving Wally who you would think love Wally (people who've written The Flash or are writing The Flash).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The idea of the current Booster Gold becoming core to the DCU is...disturbing.

Have they, though? For the most part, King aside, I've only heard of writers loving Wally who you would think love Wally (people who've written The Flash or are writing The Flash).
    Yes, they have. A common place you'll see it is AMAs on reddit where the common question of "Wally or Barry" is asked where you'll get a PC non-answer or tacit support of Wally. Which is odd, since the company would certainly prefer them to say they like Barry the most, so it's not like anyone's forcing it on them. People like Manapul stated they loved Wally and demanded he be in the comic but was barred from doing it. They'd even have editors scanning the background of his comic to make sure no one who looked like Wally showed up so he just gave up on the idea.

The only one to buck this trend is Williamson, who only started saying he liked Barry better the second he started writing The Flash...Go figure.

It's pretty sensible. Writers tend to like good writing. You'd be hard pressed to find a main continuity DC character with a much better written character arc spanning multiple generations than Wally. All the characters of similar, consistent quality are usually one run standouts (your Jack Knights, Buddy Baker's and the like).
    Last edited by Dred; 02-19-2019 at 10:22 PM.

For What its worth, Bendis mentioning Wally in his AMA when asked if he'd like to write him stating he loves Wally, could bode well with Wonder Comics existing, Maybe Bendis will give him a home there if DiDio doesnt want him in Mainstream books
    Last edited by Denirac; 02-20-2019 at 02:34 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Yes, they have. A common place you'll see it is AMAs on reddit where the common question of "Wally or Barry" is asked where you'll get a PC non-answer or tacit support of Wally. Which is odd, since the company would certainly prefer them to say they like Barry the most, so it's not like anyone's forcing it on them. People like Manapul stated they loved Wally and demanded he be in the comic but was barred from doing it. They'd even have editors scanning the background of his comic to make sure no one who looked like Wally showed up so he just gave up on the idea.

The only one to buck this trend is Williamson, who only started saying he liked Barry better the second he started writing The Flash...Go figure.

It's pretty sensible. Writers tend to like good writing. You'd be hard pressed to find a main continuity DC character with a much better written character arc spanning multiple generations than Wally. All the characters of similar, consistent quality are usually one run standouts (your Jack Knights, Buddy Baker's and the like).
    Man, that's kind of...obsessive .

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

It's also just the tip of the iceberg.

There is a reason the Wally fandom is so, so pissed.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    For What its worth, Bendis mentioning Wally in his AMA when asked if he'd like to write him stating he loves Wally, could bode well with Wonder Comics existing, Maybe Bendis will give him a home there if DiDio doesnt want him in Mainstream books
    Just put every Titans in Wonder Comics, please. And don't forget Lian, Jai and Irey. And call back Devin Grayson, tell her this is an emergency.

And voilą, everyone is happy ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Just put every Titans in Wonder Comics, please. And don't forget Lian, Jai and Irey. And call back Devin Grayson, tell her this is an emergency.

I'd say leave Titans in DCU properly, Let Wally find a home at Wonder Comics with Jai, Irey and Linda, oh and for the love of god just give Bendis Nightwing and let him do his Street Level thing
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

Putting every Titan in Wonder Comics would be a huge step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Interesting design. Probably would not have realized who that is unless you had told me .

Ultimate Member

It was done to Stephanie Brown & Cassandra Cain.

See Lil Gotham.
    Heck see Luke Fox's run in Batwing. You do see a recolored/designed Cassandra Cain in one issue.

Ultimate Member

It's less a doubt of sincerity and more that basically every single writer in and out of DC's offices has said they love Wally and, well, look where we've been for a decade.

The original point was talking about how King said he "loves" Wally but that means jack nothing. Same with any other writer saying the same thing.
    Bendis is one of the few I would give a pass. He's new to the DC scene and busy with a lot of stuff. He already brought back YJ, shouldn't put all your hopes in one guy.
    Sometimes you have to. Because sometimes that ONE guy makes the difference.

21 years ago Priest took on Black Panther with NO support from management. His work laid the seeds for an Oscar nominated film.

No one cared for Supergirl until Peter David showed up.

How dump in the toilet was John Stewart before Bruce TImm & Dwayne McDuffie?

What was Luke Cage & Jessica Jones doing before Bendis?

Bendis KILLED off a version of Peter Parker and gave us Miles Morales. Then prove Miles & real Peter could co-exist.

If he likes Wally-Bendis will get Wally.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Interesting design. Probably would not have realized who that is unless you had told me .
    I see what you mean. Kinda hard to see the ear piece or Flash insignia on the shoulder. A cool design though and one I wouldn't mind seeing in a story.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What was Luke Cage & Jessica Jones doing before Bendis?
    I'm fairly sure Jessica Jones was created by Bendis.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers