Page 168 of 239 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 84940

FLASH FORWARD #2
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND
    cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
    variant cover by INHYUK LEE
    When the border between the Multiverse and the Dark Multiverse starts to buckle, who do you turn to? The answer: Wally West. Once the Fastest Man Alive, he’s now a man with nothing left to live for. Will Tempus Fuginaut’s chosen champion rise to the occasion and fight back the demons of the darkness, or will Wally’s own demons win the day?
    ON SALE 10.16.19
    $3.99 US | 2 of 6 | 32 PAGES
    I'm game for some Wally vs the dark multiverse shenanigans, could be fun. We'll see how it turns out but I'm rooting for Lobdell to pull it off. Dan Didio's comments from SDCC are what have me more worried about the quality of this story than anything else I've seen so far.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

You know what really bugs me, here?

Lobdell will try his absolute best to deliver something fans like while having to implement Didio's mandates on this. He'll probably fail.

Booth will draw the best he can. It probably won't matter.

Fans will really want to like it, but they won't be able to.

And Dan will act like he doesn't understand what went wrong....
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

https://www.thecomiclounge.com/singl...erman-and-More

COMIC LOUNGE: Ok I wanna move on to Wally West. As a diehard Wally fan, he always will be "my" Flash. Even though I love Barry and what you've done with him. I've had mixed feelings with how Wally was handled in HEROES IN CRISIS, and was wondering what were your thoughts on how Wally was handled?

WILLIAMSON: I can't talk about that stuff too much, because it's really somebody else's story. But the most I can tell you, I mean I love Wally too, is I have a different perspective on stuff because I'm on the inside and know what's coming. So the most I can tell you, is that Wally's story is far from over.

It's all building a narrative, it's like a rollercoaster ride. This is what I always tell people, whenever they come to me about the Wally stuff, I always say "Listen, it's like being on a rollercoaster, sometimes it's up, it's down, it's scary; but when you get to the end you'll look back and think that was a lot of fun. Sometimes you're gonna have one of those moments when that rollercoaster is really scary and you just gotta stay on the ride".

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 84940

FLASH FORWARD #2
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND
    cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
    variant cover by INHYUK LEE
    When the border between the Multiverse and the Dark Multiverse starts to buckle, who do you turn to? The answer: Wally West. Once the Fastest Man Alive, he’s now a man with nothing left to live for. Will Tempus Fuginaut’s chosen champion rise to the occasion and fight back the demons of the darkness, or will Wally’s own demons win the day?
    ON SALE 10.16.19
    $3.99 US | 2 of 6 | 32 PAGES
    That actually sounds interesting

Mighty Member

Yeah, Williamson is awesome. He does have to be diplomatic, but he did give me a similar answer at New York Comic Con. It was comforting.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Spectacular Member

problem is this isn't a rollercoaster, it's a helter skelter. just a constant decent.
    Last edited by deadman322; 07-22-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's amazing how DC does everything in its power to do the exact opposite of what Wally fans wanted. I get most of it is Dan Didio, but seriously King? I'm not going to say comics isn't for him, but perhaps this shouldn't be done with Wally.

Your consumer base asked for him to come back and be a fun Flash with the this rich history to build out of, nobody asked for a murderer whose history is for the most part irrelevant to things going forward.
    You can do what you want when you have books that are assured of shelf space at stores.

That is the price for having a banner of the big two and you use certain characters.

That book has FLASH in the title-it's going to get orders no matter if every Wally fans ignores it.

My main problem is fans feeling they're entitled to an apology from him, which they certainly are not.
    And Dc shouldn't be shocked when fans stop spending money on the new books as Dan admitted to. The fans are sending a message.

I mean, he never explained how Wally massaged the crime scene to fool two skilled detectives, how he recreated the data or how the speed force suddenly lashed out (among other things)
    What if he did? Editorial took it out. I would NOT be shocked if we see a director's cut on that series with everything that got left out or the original pitch by King.

Incredible Member

Well, it seems Hunter Zolomon is now in Barry's rogues gallery. Another thing taken from Wally.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Well, it seems Hunter Zolomon is now in Barry's rogues gallery. Another thing taken from Wally.
    that was clearing gunna be the case the instant he was brought back.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

And THIS one REEEAAALLY pisses me off.
    Of ALL the Rogues that Wally faced, Hunter is the ABSOLUTE LAST who should be shunted over to Barry.
    Hunter had a very personal connection to Wally. They worked together, respected each other and then fell out after Wally refused to mess with the time stream (God, how much did King get wrong??)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

This is only not going to bother me if Hunter doesn't come in and wax on about how great Wally was and how badly Barry screwed up with him.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Ehh... Thing is, the ride doesn't keep stopping and asking me for more money to take me back to the beginning. I have to keep buying in to hope I finally enjoy it. I'd rather not.

Really hope Lobdell and Booth can deliver.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Ehh... Thing is, the ride doesn't keep stopping and asking me for more money to take me back to the beginning.
    There's that, and there's the fact that if I"d been on the scary part of a rollercoaster for over ten years I doubt I'd be able to recall it as "fun".
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Williamson probably meant "the throwing up part" after the ride will be fun.

Mighty Member

I don't really understand Dan Didios stance on sidekicks. He said that characters like Nightwing, Roy Harper and Wally make Batman Green Arrow and Barry Allen Flash look old. What does that even mean anyway? Bruce is still kickass as Batman, but so are Dick Tim and Damian. In his world, people shouldn't be allowed to love the main hero and their sidekick protege. They should only love the main hero. That's a crap reason. What's wrong with loving and reading both? I really hope these 3 aren't put on ice just because of Didio's preferences.