Page 184 of 239 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    The thing is I don't think Williamson was setting anything up.

I recall in an interview shortly after the first issue of HiC Williamson mentioned he talked to King constantly and had known Wally's HiC fate for over a year and a half. I think he even mentioned he knew about it before Flash War was planned.

So bringing in Frankie, moving Wally to Keystone, and all that was essentially just some fan-service since he knew it wasn't going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yeah, the idea that King sabotaged what Williamson was trying to do is pretty laughable to me. Straight from the off, both of them, who are friends I believe, said that they were constantly talking about Wally all through Flash War and the whole thing was basically a setup for HiC.
    Huh. In practice now I guess it comes off as Williamson trying to throw Wally as much of a bone as he could before HiC basically ruined everything for him. Even if apparently that might not have even been his intention.

Man...Wally really doesn't have much backing him up at this point.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh. In practice now I guess it comes off as Williamson trying to throw Wally as much of a bone as he could before HiC basically ruined everything for him. Even if apparently that might not have even been his intention.

That's pretty much exactly what he said. Something to remind us of why Wally is so cool... ya know, before totally massacring his character.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    That's pretty much exactly what he said. Something to remind us of why Wally is so cool... ya know, before totally massacring his character.
    DC: Master of the Mixed Message .

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Still no (real) Wally West at the end of Young Justice S3. It hurts a bit ... or a lot. Don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Still no (real) Wally West at the end of Young Justice S3. It hurts a bit ... or a lot. Don't know.
    I think he'll return before the end of the show.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think he'll return before the end of the show.
    I wish he'd return somewhere.... and not just to get screwed over or to uplift another character that DC still cares about.

Dang. That thing about Williamson has got me a bit ticked.
    Also, searched that YJ#3 thing and... *sigh* Another faint hope is again snuffed out. I don't want this to be a case of 'let's bring him back in the last minutes of the last show of the season....and then they cancel the show or go on a super long hiatus or something.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

That was the impression I got too. It was Old Yeller's victory lap before DC brought him out behind the Event barn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I wish he'd return somewhere.... and not just to get screwed over or to uplift another character that DC still cares about.

Dang. That thing about Williamson has got me a bit ticked.
    Also, searched that YJ#3 thing and... *sigh* Another faint hope is again snuffed out. I don't want this to be a case of 'let's bring him back in the last minutes of the last show of the season....and then they cancel the show or go on a super long hiatus or something.
    Season 4 is happening and it feels like it's building to Final Crisis. I think a Wally return will happen then.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! That was a bummer. Maybe they are going to keep him dead, Which totally suck.if they are bringing him back. i hope they bring him back at the start of the next season with artemis and everyone moved on. Wally can be given arc to find his place, maybe introduce linda. If timeskip is taken we could even have barry retire and wally except the title.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Season 4 is happening and it feels like it's building to Final Crisis. I think a Wally return will happen then.
    I REALLY hope this is the case.
    With the Legion also making it's appearance (probably) in season 4, it is starting to look like Final Crisis 2.0 - with Wally returning instead of Bart.
    Here's hoping.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

You might be right. At first, I didn’t noticed what Zatanna said after Artemis came from limbo but it’s pretty clear that Weisman & cie will use the fact that Miss Martian messed up again with the mind of her friend.

Yeah he’s definitely coming back. The real question is : when ? Is season 4 too soon ?

And I really hope Artemis will be able to live the life she wanted with Wally. Ep 25 was such a rollercoaster

Fantastic Member

I'm just tired of the cheap emotional manipulation.

The show only brought his character back at the end of S2 so it could exploit his popularity for a cheap reaction with his death. Then they continued that same cheap manipulation throughout S3 rather than just letting it go like they should have given they didn't put much into his character throughout the two seasons he was alive.

While it's not simply the show's fault, I'm tired of hearing how "important" Wally is while his character is treated poorly.
    Last edited by Rend20; 08-29-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Rend20, I agree.

While not in love with the first season (because I like my Wally best as a full-fledged adult, thank you, and not as an ongoing joke until nearly the very end) it at least had some good spots with him and lots of characters I haven't seen since JLU ceased to air. Second season finally had a near-adult Wally and Nightwing, but then Wally for reasons NEVER EXPLAINED disappeared save for quick cameos until they finally let him shine only to massacre....him.... (Huh. Seems to be a recurring theme.) Then they say he is really, really, REALLY dead because "No speedforce" and then they get cancelled, and then they years later bring on Season 3 with mentions of Wally here and there....and nothing but dreams and memories. Are we supposed to wait five years like what happened in the comics? If so, then do they bring him back only to do their version of HIC? Please don't tell me that "So and so on the show luvs and adores Wally!" because I've seen how they (DC editoral and writers save for Geoff Johns in Rebirth) have 'loved' Wally so far. I wouldn't wish such love on my worst enemy.

Final Crisis? Really? (I'm trying to recall just why it was that I disliked my copy of Final Crisis. Since I haven't looked at the book ever since my first read through.)
    Last edited by Kyer; 09-01-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

How great it would it be to see Wally take over as the Flash in YJ??
    They've shown they're not afraid of aging the characters, and if Aqualad can do it, why can't Wally??
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    How great it would it be to see Wally take over as the Flash in YJ??
    They've shown they're not afraid of aging the characters, and if Aqualad can do it, why can't Wally??
    Horrible Idea...YJ Wally is far less powerful than Bart and Barry...