Page 166 of 239 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3576
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

So, next storyline is 'Death of the Speed Force'.
    No mention of Wally in sight.
    Colour me shocked....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

"No, Wally, you can't break the Speed Force!!!"

"THE SPEED FORCE MUST DIE!"

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

It has been teased in the previous arc. It's gonna be a clash between the different Forces, like the Still Force, the Sage Force, the Strengh Force and, of course, the Speed Force, in order to decide which Force will dominate the others.

I'll definitely skip this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    So, next storyline is 'Death of the Speed Force'.
    No mention of Wally in sight.
    Colour me shocked....
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    It has been teased in the previous arc. It's gonna be a clash between the different Forces, like the Still Force, the Sage Force, the Strengh Force and, of course, the Speed Force, in order to decide which Force will dominate the others.

GEEZ! I was hoping after Year One, we could move on. Well more money for other books then
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dan Didio when a fan mentionned Wally during a DC Panel :

And it will "lead to a big event".
    This is literally what he said about Dick Grayson when they started the Ric storyline. Ric started in October last year. The October 2019 solicitations aren't out yet excepting Metal Men and Batman/Superman so I can't actually say if he's gonna keep that promise or not and even then that's not a guarantee it's going to be a good thing for both the event and the series leading to it, as Lobdell wrote both Flash Forward and Ric Grayson and so far Ric has been an uninspiring filler with annoying narration boxes.

Though to be fair he was dumped on that story last minute so I'm not gonna blame it all on him. Flash Forward is... planned at least 2 months in advance so I can see him writing better.

But do you really need a year every time? Every time a character died it took a year. Batman has amnesia also took a year. What's with them and a year of wringing characters? How many people they actually expect want to read it?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-19-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Y'know, I don't want to seem overly dismissive, but that description just sounds really ridiculous, and not in a good way.

I'm not going to miss these Forces.

Mighty Member

I'm more excited because Wallace is going to be showing up again in the next arc. I miss the interaction between him and Barry from the first fifty issues.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I'm more excited because Wallace is going to be showing up again in the next arc. I miss the interaction between him and Barry from the first fifty issues.
    I'm just ready for him and Barry to get along again. I'm kind of tired of Wallace's contrived hate-on for Barry at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just ready for him and Barry to get along again. I'm kind of tired of Wallace's contrived hate-on for Barry at this point.
    Amen to that.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Panel at SDCC with King and Gerards.

https://www.cbr.com/sdcc-tom-king-ba...acle-catwoman/

"I'm fucking sorry for what you're about to hear," King said to kick things off.

Ok then. I'm sorry I've read most of what you've written so I'm used to it.

Regarding Heroes in Crisis, King said, "People fucking hated it so much. I've never written something someone hated so much. But I love it. I think I got the message I wanted to get across. I think, killing Wally, it was a tough hill for people to climb."

Glad he knows and admits how much people "hated" it. Though I think he's in denial why or that he's at fault.
    "But I loved it". Didn't realize you were writing consumer products for your own enjoyment. Not sure you know how this is supposed to work.
    What message? That everything sucks and is depressing.

"It all made sense," Gerads added. "When bad things happen to characters, it's earned, in a way. Everything led to that moment and it had to be that. That's the point of that story -- when you break, you do it out of character. You don't break in character."

So when "bad" things, his family is missing, happens these superhero's should all break down? At least he admits it was out of character. "You don't break in character." Yup.

"Wally was my Flash growing up," King continued. "He was the Peter Parker of the DCU. It was tough on him because it was like the symbol of Rebirth killing people. First of all, Wally doesn't murder anyone, that doesn't happen. There's heroism in being vulnerable. To always say I'm strong is not to be strong, it's to be arrogant."

But you did make him murder people. So...shock value? So covering up the murders and framing others is being vulnerable?

Eza then asked how King feels about doing shorter story arcs, such as "Rooftops."

"You go back and read Alan Moore's stories in he does more in three pages than most people do in 30," he said. "So yeah, I like doing short stories."

So now your Alan Moore? lol. ok buddy.

The next fan asked what King and Gerads would be doing if they weren't in comics.

In response, King revealed that Gerads used to design cereal boxes, including the Cinnamon Toast Crunch box featuring anthropomorphic pieces of cereal jumping into a bowl.

"I'd be in the CIA," King added.

So you answered for Gerads that he would just be designing cereal boxes while you would be in the CIA. Nice.

"I've had huge failures," King added. "I've had national security failures. The funny thing is I had a big breakdown in 2016 but I didn't see it as a failure. It was like a necessary failure."

National security failures? Yikes.
    Yeah we can tell you had a big breakdown. Please go get help and stop ruining beloved icons.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

"I'm fucking sorry for what you're about to hear," King said to kick things off.

Regarding Heroes in Crisis, King said, "People fucking hated it so much. I've never written something someone hated so much. But I love it. I think I got the message I wanted to get across. I think, killing Wally, it was a tough hill for people to climb."

Glad he knows and admits how much people "hated" it. Though I think he's in denial why or that he's at fault.
    "But I loved it". Didn't realize you were writing consumer products for your own enjoyment. Not sure you know how this is supposed to work.

"It all made sense," Gerads added. "When bad things happen to characters, it's earned, in a way. Everything led to that moment and it had to be that. That's the point of that story -- when you break, you do it out of character. You don't break in character."

So when "bad" things, his family is missing, happens these superhero's should all break down? At least he admits it was out of character. "You don't break in character." Yup.

"Wally was my Flash growing up," King continued. "He was the Peter Parker of the DCU. It was tough on him because it was like the symbol of Rebirth killing people. First of all, Wally doesn't murder anyone, that doesn't happen. There's heroism in being vulnerable. To always say I'm strong is not to be strong, it's to be arrogant."

But you did make him murder people. So...shock value? So covering up the murders and framing others is being vulnerable?

Eza then asked how King feels about doing shorter story arcs, such as "Rooftops."

"You go back and read Alan Moore's stories in he does more in three pages than most people do in 30," he said. "So yeah, I like doing short stories."

The next fan asked what King and Gerads would be doing if they weren't in comics.

In response, King revealed that Gerads used to design cereal boxes, including the Cinnamon Toast Crunch box featuring anthropomorphic pieces of cereal jumping into a bowl.

So you answered for Gerads that he would just be designing cereal boxes while you would be in the CIA. Nice.

"I've had huge failures," King added. "I've had national security failures. The funny thing is I had a big breakdown in 2016 but I didn't see it as a failure. It was like a necessary failure."

Yeah we can tell you had a big breakdown. Please go get help and stop ruining beloved icons.
    Very well said. I loved Wally in the 80’s and 90’s. I never really missed Barry. Probably the only replacement character I didn’t dislike. He was great in the JLI and the animated Justice League Unlimited. He’s like Marvel’s Hank Pym. Always getting the shaft. Heroes in Crises was the worst thing I’ve read in quite awhile. It was not necessary to ruin Wally and kill all those characters. So tired of the shock value these writers go after.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Some reassuring words from Brett Booth. I love this guy :

https://mobile.twitter.com/Demonpupp...32636821630979

Didn't seem to me that he was actually comparing himself to Alan Moore, but most of those are BS answers for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

Real humble and thoughtful fella. Pride commeth before the fall Tom.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

Some reassuring words from Brett Booth. I love this guy :

https://mobile.twitter.com/Demonpupp...32636821630979
    So weird to see that Booth is possibly the voice of reason in all of this.