Page 151 of 239 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3576
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I’m not surprised Snyder joked about a Speedster League. It seems he really wanted to use Wally in this run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Then what's the point of being a teacher??
    Of ANY comic character I can think of, Barry is the one that strikes me as taking enormous pride that his protege has surpassed him. All those Flash Facts sunk in!
    Stuff like this is what make Barry seem 'off' to me since his return. Barry from pre Crisis wouldn't care about being the fastest. That's childish. He'd care about having the power to HELP PEOPLE.
    And if his nephew was a pico second or two faster, who cares? He'd be chuffed Wally had matured into such a great man AND hero carrying the Flash legacy.
    To be clear, the story isn't that Barry wants to be the Fastest Man Alive.

The story will make Barry becomes the Fastest Man Alive again whether Barry wants this or not.

In fact, Barry will not want to be the fastest, since that makes him look more humble. However, the story will still make him the fastest.
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-25-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    To be clear, the story isn't that Barry wants to be the Fastest Man Alive.
    So what do we make of this and this? Barry even includes not being the fastest when he's sulking a bit about how things are changing.

All of this is also spinning out of the Perfect Storm arc where Barry threw the other speedsters under the bus for his powers because only he could defeat Grodd. Barry, under Williamson, believes being the Flash is what makes him special, so it's perfectly logical him not being the fastest would bug him.

In theory, I have no issue with Barry being the fastest even if I don't think it's a question that needed to be answered. But between the way it's being handled and Hunter becoming a Barry villain, it just seems like Wally is getting screwed again.
    Last edited by Rend20; 06-25-2019 at 10:02 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

IF anyone is a DCUniverse subscriber, Didio is talking FlashForward on today's DCaily.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    IF anyone is a DCUniverse subscriber, Didio is talking FlashForward on today's DCaily.
    Don't make me puke.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I’m not surprised Snyder joked about a Speedster League. It seems he really wanted to use Wally in this run.
    Do we have any reason to believe this beyond he's writing Barry like Wally?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Didio sad Wally will get a huge reveal in the end of issue 1 that will make him an important part of the DCU.

So.... you heard it here first. They still going to destroy him. He had this damn smile in end of the video that just screamed 'I'm going to mess him up so more'.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Didio sad Wally will get a huge reveal in the end of issue 1 that will make him an important part of the DCU.

So.... you heard it here first. They still going to destroy him. He had this damn smile in end of the video that just screamed 'I'm going to mess him up so more'.
    Will there be anyone left to care?

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post

What video?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This! Lol.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I'm surprised Snyder didn't have enough pull to use Wally, but I guess that shows how much control editorial puts over the Flashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    All of this is also spinning out of the Perfect Storm arc where Barry threw the other speedsters under the bus for his powers because only he could defeat Grodd. Barry, under Williamson, believes being the Flash is what makes him special, so it's perfectly logical him not being the fastest would bug him.
    Barry really felt out-of-character in that arc.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I thought Didio's idea was that the biggest problem with comics today is apathy. So why is he trying to cause it?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Shouldn't have gotten hopeful about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This! Lol.
    Sad but true, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I thought Didio's idea was that the biggest problem with comics today is apathy. So why is he trying to cause it?
    No, he just believes apathy is bad for characters HE cares about. Screw the other ones he doesn't care for. He wants us to forget about those.

I will always care about my favorite super hero no matter which Wile E. Coyote idea Didi comes out with to destroy him. It's the twisted dribble that current dc is putting out that I couldn't give less than a damn about.

With that said...

54800450_2248228105437972_1721471687942285699_n.jpg

Lol. Yup. Wally's still awesome.