Page 201 of 239 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It's actually not surprising. Linda has no significant emotional connection to Wally that makes all the awful, horrible things he did a struggle for her to process.

Imagine you're a complete stranger to this person who went insane and killed a bunch of people. You know it's awful but it's probably not as hard to read about it or inquire about it as, say, that killer's parents.

Iris needing some time to process the fact that Wally went insane and became a supervillain is perfectly reasonable. And something like Linda going might've finally snapped her into action.

I know this is a lot of assumptions but you see the same thing with Barry and Iris is a lot more emotionally mature than Barry, so her working through it first and trying to get Barry to do so makes sense.
    I think that's all really valid, I just wish it had been explored on page. We went from Iris dealing with Wally's death, to seeing her having already dealt with (to a point) this really horrific news. Perhaps Williamson will delve deeper into it over the next couple of issues, but for now it feels a bit weird to me. If they didn't want to deal with it, I'd have preferred them coming up with an excuse like Wally refusing to see Iris as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Aww man don't kill President Superman.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Just now put in my pre-order for book seven.
    Still waiting on my preferred seller to bring the price down on The Flash: Savage Velocity (by Mike Baron)
    Why do all of Wally's stories have to be printed in paperback format? (Just wishing. I'm happy enough to get the stories in trade at all.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I think that's all really valid, I just wish it had been explored on page. We went from Iris dealing with Wally's death, to seeing her having already dealt with (to a point) this really horrific news. Perhaps Williamson will delve deeper into it over the next couple of issues, but for now it feels a bit weird to me. If they didn't want to deal with it, I'd have preferred them coming up with an excuse like Wally refusing to see Iris as well.
    At the end of the day it is a Barry book. You can't derail whatever you have planned to have it suddenly be focused on Wally and King's BS.

BANNED

A Long Doomsday Clock/Wally West theory to chew on for a while...https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...piracy-theory/

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    A Long Doomsday Clock/Wally West theory to chew on for a while...https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...piracy-theory/

Yeah, I read that one the other day.
    I hope this will be the case and not just all a coincidence.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So the only thing I can glean from DC's new blurry timeline is

Generation 2 Year 2 Barry Allen debuts as The Flash
    Generation 2 Year 3 Wally West debuts as Kid Flash (also Dick as Robin)
    Generation 2 Year 6 Teen Titans
    Generation 4 Year 2 Wally and Bart disappears into the Time Stream
    Generation 4 Year 3 - Rebirth - Wally returns
    Generation 4 Year 4 - Dark Nights Metal - Bart returns

Idk enough about Flash family to recognize any blurry events or names besides those

Generation 2 and 3 are 15 years each
    Generation 4 is 5 year
    Didio posted a clear version of Gen 4 and those are the only mention of Wally. The timeline change post Flashpoint is canon.

Astonishing Member

Bart returned in Flash War

edit: Oh I see the weird timeline stuff now. That's going to be a humongous contradictory mess.
    Last edited by Dred; 10-04-2019 at 04:01 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Since, wally is multiverse hoping. Would you guys like book with wally, sideways and morrison's superman in the metaverse or an alternate earth? I mean, it's clear that wally would never be allowed to be welcomed openly on the main earth. Since, morrison's clark doesn't have an earth is universe hoping around the metaverse similar to wally. It will be natural if they team up.

Astonishing Member

The Metaverse is just the regular universe as it undergoes timeline changes, but focuses on a singular point (Superman) so there's not much multiverse hopping involved in that.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The Metaverse is just the regular universe as it undergoes timeline changes, but focuses on a singular point (Superman) so there's not much multiverse hopping involved in that.
    Well, didio has morrison's superman doing universe hoping.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Well, that was a slog.
    But having finally finished reading it all...

Please dear Lord in Heaven let it be correct! I want one piece in my life that isn't going to hell in a recycled, thrift-store hand basket. I may even (grudgingly) find it in my heart to forgive Didio for past shenanigans if they can pull this off like in the article without Didio interfering with a hope full outcome. Give us back Wally and Linda, Superman and the Kents, Jay and the JSA, the Blue Lanterns, etc.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Huh, interesting read.
    If true, that would be pretty cool. The Flash has always been a meta-hero (in the narrative sense) traditionally. They're often what the writers use to alter the continuity or drive their most altering stories, even when they're not aware themselves of the metanarrative. It would be just logical to put the blame on someone (Dr. Manhattan) about messing with the narrative on an out of character moment or a very, very unlikely bad luck (which both seem to be the case in HiC for Wally) if he feels that someone or something (the multiverse using Wally has some sort of semiaware Avatar / Spokesperson) is threatening him. And that something choses something so ridiculously powerful and stubborn as Wally.

So what does Jon? He "edits" Wally.
    Because he cannot seem to find another way of fighting him back in a more straightforward way.

The parallels with Firestom sold me in that this may have been planned to certain degree. I mean, I don't think they had it all so planed, but this at least may have some truth in it. I mean: they also got rid of hope as a concept when this whole thing started in Rebirth, and Wally, much as any other Flash (even when I think he's more driven by love), is apparently tied to that concept. So, there is that, too: they probably linked him with the whole Manhattan mess, and still take that into account when they started to outline HiC with Wally as the culprit. Because that book sure killed Wally's hope for good.

(off topic, but I still don't know how YJ fits in this grand plan. I don't even know how it fits with anything else. I wonder if they're going to surprise me and linking it back with some old alternate Future)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-06-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I mean: they also got rid of hope as a concept when this whole thing started in Rebirth, and Wally, much as any other Flash (even when I think he's more driven by love), is apparently tied to that concept.
    Yes!
    Even Geoff Johns chose Barry Allen to be the Blue Lantern in that zombie/ghoul whatever 'crisis'. Barry was the symbol of hope then. I'd argue for Superman being one as well.

Wally also seemed to me to be more motivated by love. He world was ruled by his love for Iris, The Flash, Dick, the Teen Titans, the wonderful bunch given to us by Messner-Loeb, the assorted girl friends, the Justice League, The Titans, Jay, Max, Bart (yes, Bart), Linda, Jai, Irey.
    Wally is a very passionate guy. (Also bull-headed.)

(Lord, I'm starting to compare him to Anakin Skywalker and I don't particularly like Anakin Skywalker. Better stop here.)