Page 137 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't like Booth's style but he's an artist that I love. He really needs to work on his same face that he keeps drawing.
    I appreciate Booth's enthusiasm, if nothing else .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I appreciate Booth's enthusiasm, if nothing else .
    I love that about him. He's the kind of person that needs more work at DC. Enthusiasm and love for the characters is the most important thing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I love that about him. He's the kind of person that needs more work at DC. Enthusiasm and love for the characters is the most important thing.
    I think it definitely is important .

Don't know. Sure, enthusiasm and love for the characters is grwat but I'd hardly call it the most important thing. Being a good artist and being able to actually tell a story seems pretty important as well. Liefeld has a lot of enthusiasm and it does seem like he loves a lot of the characters he draws as well, but personally I'd rather have a better artist even if he had a bit less enthusiasm and love than Liefeld. (I do appreciate Liefeld's enthusiasm and energy though and it was what had me buying his X-Force back in the day)

Btw, I know this was about Booth and not Liefeld. Just used him as an example to illustrate my point. That said I've never been a big fan of Booth.
    Last edited by Tenzel Kim; 06-06-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

John Buscema didn't really care much for super-heroes, but he drew some great super-hero comics because he was very skilled at his craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    Don't know. Sure, enthusiasm and love for the characters is grwat but I'd hardly call it the most important thing. Being a good artist and being able to actually tell a story seems pretty important as well. Liefeld has a lot of enthusiasm and it does seem like he loves a lot of the characters he draws as well, but personally I'd rather have a better artist even if he had a bit less enthusiasm and love than Liefeld. (I do appreciate Liefeld's enthusiasm and energy though and it was what had me buying his X-Force back in the day)

Btw, I know this was about Booth and not Liefeld. Just used him as an example to illustrate my point. That said I've never been a big fan of Booth.
    Liefeld is a garbage artist and writer with the same ideas done over and over and over. Booth is someone who can at least draw, he can draw feet and have characters express emotion which is more than Rob can do.

Of course talent is important otherwise you wouldn't be working in this industry. That talent doesn't have to be at art in Rob's case. Like I said I'm not a huge fan of Booth's work but I'll always support him as an artist and storyteller. He's doing something right.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Oh, dear Lord--- thank you for the laugh!
    How I miss the sheer, good fun that was Justice League: Animated (before grimdark set into DC)
    Do you have the one where Wally dressed drag in order to thwart the villainess with accessorizing? I normally don't care for crossdressing, but that was hilarious.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

How could anyone NOT love this??
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I like Bendis work. He wrote a hell of a run on my favorite Marvel character, Daredevil. He has enough pull that if he wanted to write Wally, I think he could. I loved his Bart in the new YJ run but did drop the title because it was moving fairly slow.
    Speaking of YJ....
    This slow moving should be over....Dont want to give a spoiler, but the first arc is now over with issue 6 and now it should be faster...YJ7 and YJ8 could have Hex and Lantern Flashbacks into, but Issue 6 already was MUCH faster than the first 5 Issues....

You should try to read YJ6 and in YJ7 and in YJ8 some big names will show up and there would be interesting confrontations..

I need more interactions between Ray and Wally!!! Man!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Speaking of YJ....
    This slow moving should be over....Dont want to give a spoiler, but the first arc is now over with issue 6 and now it should be faster...YJ7 and YJ8 could have Hex and Lantern Flashbacks into, but Issue 6 already was MUCH faster than the first 5 Issues....

You should try to read YJ6 and in YJ7 and in YJ8 some big names will show up and there would be interesting confrontations..
    I will pick it up! Thanks!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Ha! I like the comic nod with the lottery winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Oh, dear Lord--- thank you for the laugh!
    How I miss the sheer, good fun that was Justice League: Animated (before grimdark set into DC)
    Do you have the one where Wally dressed drag in order to thwart the villainess with accessorizing? I normally don't care for crossdressing, but that was hilarious.
    What issue was this? I need to see it .

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha! I like the comic nod with the lottery winning.

What issue was this? I need to see it .
    You beat me to it! Loved that they kept to continuity of the time.
    Issue? I wish I knew. I came into comics late in the game (January/February 2009 and by then all I could find that wasn't singles (didn't live near a comic books store/family wouldn't take me to one even if I did/Amazon prices were prohibited) were old Flash trades written by Waid. Usually I find this stuff by doing searches for "Wally West" on the internet and then select images.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Default Geoff Johns vs DC

This was linked by another site. I read it and thought it a good piece. It's about Geoff Johns and how the writing of Doomsday Clock #10 seems to have been influenced by his troubles with DC.
    Where it relates to Wally (and this thread):

It feels like DC has turned against Johns in the past year, largely because of how it’s handled Wally West in the pages of Heroes In Crisis. Doomsday Clock #10 was released on the same day as Heroes In Crisis #9, giving readers some serious whiplash in how they present Wally West’s function within the DC Universe. In Doomsday Clock, Wally is universal antibody, fighting the Doctor Manhattan infection by remembering the world before the New 52. He’s situated as a beacon of hope, but in Heroes In Crisis, his trauma has driven him to mass murder. It’s a message completely opposed with what Johns is trying to say in Rebirth and Doomsday Clock, and seeing DC diminish Johns’ work while its still in progress is fitting given the book’s relation to Watchmen, a comic with a legacy steeped in conflict between publisher and creator.
    https://aux.avclub.com/geoff-johns-r...msd-1835326649

Whiplash is perfect. That's how I felt after seeing scans of both visions for Wally. Oh, what we could have had if not for Didio!