Page 112 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I always found it an interesting character wrinkle that the ONLY sidekick who actually took over the mantle (permanently) - couldn't take a sidekick himself.
    Unless you count his kids...and if you count Bart on an "unconventional" level.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I always found it an interesting character wrinkle that the ONLY sidekick who actually took over the mantle (permanently) - couldn't take a sidekick himself.
    I mean he could, but it wasn't a blissful team up like Barry and Wally. That said they stilled worked together frequently.

It’s not his fault. Bart is rather special.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unless you count his kids...and if you count Bart on an "unconventional" level.
    In fairness to Wally, very few people could mentor Bart. Bart meant well but he was extremely eccentric and quirky back then.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

There is no more double shipping next year so I guess Bleeding Cool rumor is indeed true : only a Wally West book could sell 40-50 000 issue every month.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Sketch by Kolins

Very cool. Not a huge fan of Kolins in general but I like this one. The mood is very nice. Black and white also makes it nicer.

Bleeding Cool's leaks (sort of) about Heroes in Crisis #9 :

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...nale-spoilers/

I'm not sure I understand it correctly though x)
    One of the most convouted and confusing articles I've ever read. Even for bleeding cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It basically means there's going to be a third Wally via time travel who becomes the corpse so time doesn't **** itself up when Wally decides not to kill himself after a bunch of people he doesn't care about talk him out of killing himself.
    So basically a nonsensical way where they can screw Wally but still keep him around to probably screw with him more. Got it.

This whole explanation makes as much sense as the rest of the "explanations " in this series so it fits.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

There is no more double shipping next year so I guess Bleeding Cool rumor is indeed true : only a Wally West book could sell 40-50 000 issue every month.
    Maybe if it was written by Johns or Morrison. But as Waid's final run demonstrated, if DC screws with the fans enough they will stop buying.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Maybe if it was written by Johns or Morrison. But as Waid's final run demonstrated, if DC screws with the fans enough they will stop buying.
    Waid's last run demonstrated no such thing. It stood at the 40-50k margin.

When that run started losing sales, Waid was long gone, Barry was already back and running around in Final Crisis and the cancelling was already announced.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

RCO006.jpg

Dick calling Wally an arrogant bastard. Lol. Wally the jerk was kinda fun sometimes .

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

Dick calling Wally an arrogant bastard. Lol. Wally the jerk was kinda fun sometimes .
    Exactly. I really love when Wally tries to do some good but with very questionable ways. I can't help but think of Terminal Velocity when he lied to Quick without thinking of the potential damages or in Brave and the bold he confessed he was ready to let one of his child die.

RCO006.jpg

Such language from the Boy Wonder .

Who do you guys hear when you read Wally these days? Rosenbaum or Spisak?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Such language from the Boy Wonder .
    Lol. The G D Batman would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Who do you guys hear when you read Wally these days? Rosenbaum or Spisak?
    I know this is probably not the answer your looking for but neither.

As much as I like Wally in JL and YJ, those versions don't really come to mind when I think of Wally. Mostly it's the comics version, specifically Waid and Messner Loebs with a bit of NTT in there. The other non comics versions take up like 10% of when I think of Wally.

If I had to pick though it would be JL Wally just because when I think of Wally I think of him as the Flash more than I do.as Kid Flash.

Lol. The G D Batman would be proud.

I know this is probably not the answer your looking for but neither.

As much as I like Wally in JL and YJ, those versions don't really come to mind when I think of Wally. Mostly it's the comics version, specifically Waid and Messner Loebs with a bit of NTT in there. The other non comics versions take up like 10% of when I think of Wally.

If I had to pick though it would be JL Wally just because when I think of Wally I think of him as the Flash more than I do.as Kid Flash.
    That works actually because when I hear Wally I kind of hear a voice that's not quite Rosenbaum or Spisak. But I guess the closest example I can think of is Michael's deeper register as Barry Allen in Justice League Doom.

...Are you ready guys?