Page 192 of 239 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3576
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That Flash and Green Lantern: Brave and the Bold issue where he became Teen Lantern stands out to me.
    There was a one shot during Wally as Flash's early years that I got to read online many years ago before the site was yanked. I can't remember the exact details, but Wally depicted as still Kid Flash during it and was trying to help one of the talking gorillas get back to Gorilla City? Met while at the Flash Museum or some museum. They got a car ride for part of the way from one of Wally's friends. I remember enjoying the story, but it was long ago and never seen it since. Anyone know what I'm talking about.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I remember enjoying the story, but it was long ago and never seen it since. Anyone know what I'm talking about.
    I remember enjoying that one, too. I believe it was the issue (#151?) after Waid's Chain Lightning arc concluded.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Preview of Flash Forward #1 (not much to see): https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...-of-wally-west
    Three things.

1: This entire preview is sans Wally

2: Why is this comic more about this dumb Fuginaut loser that I don't think anyone in the world cares about besides Didio?

3:
    The Multiverse needs a hero. Even if he might be the last person anyone would expect.
    Is Didio ghostwriting this? How in the world is WALLY WEST the last person anyone would expect to be a hero? He's one of DC's greatest heroes ever. He's saved the world, universe, multiverse plenty of times. What kind of imbecile thinks Wally isn't a hero?

I'm afraid I may have to read this with some heavy scepticles on .

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Three things.

1: This entire preview is sans Wally

2: Why is this comic more about this dumb Fuginaut loser that I don't think anyone in the world cares about besides Didio?

3:

Is Didio ghostwriting this? How in the world is WALLY WEST the last person anyone would expect to be a hero? He's one of DC's greatest heroes ever. He's saved the world, universe, multiverse plenty of times. What kind of imbecile thinks Wally isn't a hero?
    A. How is one to pronounce his name: FudgyNot? Fugenaught?

B. Aw, fugdyknots. Dark Universe. This entire book is going to be stuck very firmly in the Horror Genre, isn't it? I despise horror. It's not fun. I live for Comedy and Action/Adventure derring-do. This looks to be something I'll be avoiding like the plague save for copy pasting only Wally into my scrapbook of internet images.

Ran across the same problem with Brightest Day where I was starting to really like Alive Deadman and J'onn and the beautiful artwor.....OhFFSake! My Eyes! So much grotesque horror! Yeah... I sold that book for pennies on the dollar and never looked back.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Did you guys think Flash Forward will retcon what happened during HIC?BTW, The preview fourth scan is too small to read.............
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 09-17-2019 at 06:18 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Did you guys think Flash Forward will retcon what happened during HIC?....
    I do. The way Lobdell explained what really happened with HiC and The simple fact that even a writer like Lobdell is saying that HiC is bad make me think the RetCon may happen in the very first issue. Or it will be teased at least.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

Will def post some spoilers at midnight est when it comes out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I do. The way Lobdell explained what really happened with HiC and The simple fact that even a writer like Lobdell is saying that HiC is bad make me think the RetCon may happen in the very first issue. Or it will be teased at least.
    In the podcast he was on a while back, he made it sound like he didn't think Wally did anything wrong - that framing Harley and Booster for murder was no big deal because it was only a few days and they weren't his friends.

I disagree with that take.

Has he said anything different since?

Incredible Member

Yeah this wasn't worth picking up.

spoilers:
    Wally is in Blackgate and known as a former flash. He has clear suicidal tendencies to die from the inmates at Blackgate. Linda meets with him but her words prob did more harm than good. That fungus guy comes to force Wally for help and gives him his Flash suit. Wally literally says this about the Flash suit...."These clothes, everything they represent...I never wanted to see them again!"
    end of spoilers

I did not like this at all

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post

spoilers:
    Wally is in Blackgate and known as a former flash. He has clear suicidal tendencies to die from the inmates at Blackgate. Linda meets with him but her words prob did more harm than good. That fungus guy comes to force Wally for help and gives him his Flash suit. Wally literally says this about the Flash suit...."These clothes, everything they represent...I never wanted to see them again!"
    end of spoilers

OK, yeah. That's probably the LEAST Wally West sentence ever put to paper.
    Geez....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    There was a one shot during Wally as Flash's early years that I got to read online many years ago before the site was yanked. I can't remember the exact details, but Wally depicted as still Kid Flash during it and was trying to help one of the talking gorillas get back to Gorilla City? Met while at the Flash Museum or some museum. They got a car ride for part of the way from one of Wally's friends. I remember enjoying the story, but it was long ago and never seen it since. Anyone know what I'm talking about.
    Rend20 is right!
    It's from #151, which came right before the Dark Flash storyline. I remember being bummed at the time that it wasn't written by Waid, but it was a great little fill-in issue before the next big story.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I have to say I’m relieved.

Yes, it hurts to see Wally so depressed but there is so much more ... so much teasing :

You have fragments from Darkseid War, Multiversity, Sideways, even Rebirth, teasing big stuff. And I think the RetCon is on its way. You can “see” it in the last pages.

It’s definitely not what we wanted in the first place but I think it’s a good start and I really hope some of you will enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 09-18-2019 at 12:37 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

While that doesn't sound like Wally, I'm going to go ahead and chalk this up to needing to reaffirm he's at his lowest so he'll rise above by the end. Having everyone remind him he's a hero and then throw his legacy in his face to try and motivate him only to see him doubt is storytelling 101 for "this will turn around before the end."

I'm not expecting this book to absolutely fix Wally, but it sounds like pretty transparent setup for to pay off later.