Page 149 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Williamson has said multiple times that the endgame goal to the Force Quest stuff he has going on is to once again reestablish Barry as the Fastest Man Alive after he "lost" the title to Wally in Flash War. No more student surpassing the master in this industry.
    It wasn't even that he "lost" it. It just re-emphasized Wally was faster in case anyone forgot .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It wasn't even that he "lost" it. It just re-emphasized Wally was faster in case anyone forgot .
    The last time Wally and Barry really did anything together before this run was 2009 Flash Rebirth, where they retconned everything in Wally's entire life and history to establish that Barry was superior to him and every Flash family member so...not really? Most people still respond to the "Who's faster" question with "Barry created the Speed Force!" because they hammered it home so hard.

Astonishing Member

Most people still respond to the "Who's faster" question with "Barry created the Speed Force!" because they hammered it home so hard.
    There was a podcast interview with Williamson recently, where he implied that he'd be disregarding this, noting that it was Thawne who said it, and Thawne isn't someone to be trusted.

Williamson has said multiple times that the endgame goal to the Force Quest stuff he has going on is to once again reestablish Barry as the Fastest Man Alive after he "lost" the title to Wally in Flash War. No more student surpassing the master in this industry.
    Yet another reason why I dropped the title.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    There was a podcast interview with Williamson recently, where he implied that he'd be disregarding this, noting that it was Thawne who said it, and Thawne isn't someone to be trusted.
    That's good to hear but it still doesn't change that I don't like Williamson's Barry (ironically, he is a far better Wally writer) and that the difference Forces are enough to keep me away from the book.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Wonder if he is just repeating orders given to him by the publisher/editor or if he actually believes what he is saying.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 06-23-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Wonder if he is just repeating orders given to him by the publisher/editor or if he actually believes what he is saying.
    Williamson is a Barry fan and he’s writing Barry’s ongoing so I don’t really have a problem with him building Barry up. Look when Wally lost being *The* Flash it was only a matter of time until he got regressed. It sucks but it’s how it is, they were never going to keep Barry at number 2 forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Was it Word Balloon? Been meaning to listen to that. I’m happy if they’re disregarding Johns retcon since it was always insanely dumb and used to make Barry more special.

The last time Wally and Barry really did anything together before this run was 2009 Flash Rebirth, where they retconned everything in Wally's entire life and history to establish that Barry was superior to him and every Flash family member so...not really? Most people still respond to the "Who's faster" question with "Barry created the Speed Force!" because they hammered it home so hard.
    I mean, but I don't remember even back then them establishing that Barry was faster then Wally was when he came back. They never raced back then nor was it a plot point.

The only major speed feat of that story was Barry indicating that he always took it easy on Superman whenever they raced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Williamson is a Barry fan and he’s writing Barry’s ongoing so I don’t really have a problem with him building Barry up. Look when Wally lost being *The* Flash it was only a matter of time until he got regressed. It sucks but it’s how it is, they were never going to keep Barry at number 2 forever.
    Conceptually I can understand wanting the main Flash and the main character to be the titular Fastest Man Alive that he's supposed to be, it just does kind of suck to have to take away from Wally one of his biggest achievements and something he actually surpassed Barry in.

Astonishing Member

They didn't race but you had scenes like empowered Lady Savitar beating the **** out of Wally with her increased speed and then Barry easily handling her when Wally couldn't. You have Thawne taking the entire Flash family for a ride but Barry being the only one who could really stand up to him. There wasn't a "race" but both Wally and Barry were going after Thawne to stop him from killing Iris. Barry had just learned from Wally how to navigate the timestream and Speed Force without a treadmill, yet he beats Wally there to Thawne.

The entire comic is about putting Barry on a pedestal. And then Wally was erased so there was no question after that. This isn't a new thing, they're just going to redo it.

It wasn't really a surprise when it happened in Flash: Rebirth. Heck, the only surprise was that Flash War had Wally as the fastest. But it does let Williamson reuse a Waid character beat so it makes sense in retrospect.
    Last edited by Dred; 06-23-2019 at 12:06 PM.

So Lodbell and Booth are writing a mini with Wally, eh well i don't think that Lodbell is as bad as some people say, but he is definetly inspiring confidence. This is the second time that he has to continue something that King did for some reason (is him Didio's errand boy or something?) and Booth...his work speak for himself.

For another side, i heard that they wrote a decent one-shot with Wally last year, so maybe is possible that it won't be a total disaster?, wich is bot saying much after HOC to be honest, but one can dream.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

They didn't race but you had scenes like empowered Lady Savitar beating the **** out of Wally with her increased speed and then Barry easily handling her when Wally couldn't. You have Thawne taking the entire Flash family for a ride but Barry being the only one who could really stand up to him. There wasn't a "race" but both Wally and Barry were going after Thawne to stop him from killing Iris. Barry had just learned from Wally how to navigate the timestream and Speed Force without a treadmill, yet he beats Wally there to Thawne.

The entire comic is about putting Barry on a pedestal. And then Wally was erased so there was no question after that. This isn't a new thing, they're just going to redo it.

It wasn't really a surprise when it happened in Flash: Rebirth. Heck, the only surprise was that Flash War had Wally as the fastest. But it does let Williamson reuse a Waid character beat so it makes sense in retrospect.
    "Lady Savitar?" Man I really don't remember that story .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Was it Word Balloon? Been meaning to listen to that.
    EDIT: It was this one: https://soundcloud.com/user-44237172...mson-interview

At 43:56.
    Last edited by Lee; 06-23-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Lady Savitar?" Man I really don't remember that story .
    The Flash: Dead Heat

Ivana Christina a.k.a Lady Savage, Lady Flash... Lady Savitar... Lady Kobra

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Then what's the point of being a teacher??
    Of ANY comic character I can think of, Barry is the one that strikes me as taking enormous pride that his protege has surpassed him. All those Flash Facts sunk in!
    Stuff like this is what make Barry seem 'off' to me since his return. Barry from pre Crisis wouldn't care about being the fastest. That's childish. He'd care about having the power to HELP PEOPLE.
    And if his nephew was a pico second or two faster, who cares? He'd be chuffed Wally had matured into such a great man AND hero carrying the Flash legacy.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.