Page 165 of 239 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3576
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know they started on some of those, but they've stopped cold turkey? Like with PAD's stuff?
    Yeah. It's incredibly frustrating.

And they've been doing this crap for years.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Dan Didio when a fan mentionned Wally during a DC Panel :

We're definitely gonna put him through the wringer.
    And it will "lead to a big event".
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 07-18-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

First on the postive. Still good to see the fans of Wally are out there. He was the only character specifically asked about once again from what I saw.

Now, besides for the big f u to Dido...wow how dense is this guy?? After HIC and the HUGE backlash he STILL hasn't learned his lesson??

How much more can they put Wally through? They already made him a sad sack, psycho murderer. What else?

Also good to know that I can continue to not buy any DC books and I can save my money on Fast Forward.

Only thing I can think of why this might not mean anything is that is just Didos automatic response when asked about Wally. But that's reaching.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

That's probably the least assuring thing I've heard about Wally in the past few months, and that's saying something.

I guess the "big event" will be the next Crisis.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    First on the postive. Still good to see the fans of Wally are out there. He was the only character specifically asked about once again from what I saw.

Now, besides for the big f u to Dido...wow how dense is this guy?? After HIC and the HUGE backlash he STILL hasn't learned his lesson??

How much more can they put Wally through? They already made him a sad sack, psycho murderer. What else?

Also good to know that I can continue to not buy any DC books and I can save my money on Fast Forward.

Only thing I can think of why this might not mean anything is that is just Didos automatic response when asked about Wally. But that's reaching.
    A pretty mindless guess: With a Crisis a-brewing and the odd DC edict that a Flash must die in these sorts of events, I can't help but wonder if Wally will take the Barry Allen role of sacrificing himself to save the DC Universe much like in Crisis On Infinite Earths issue 8?

Want to add this in connection to above.

DC Co-Publisher Expresses Frustration with Popular Facsimile Editions

“We do these Facsimile Editions where we repint older issues of comics including all the old ads and stuff…and in some cases these are selling more than the new comics with these characters. People are more interested in buying the stories from 30 or 40 years ago than the contemporary stories, and that’s a failure on us," he explained.
    https://www.newsarama.com/46103-dc-c...-editions.html

hhhmmm I wonder why fans would rather read reprints of the old stuff rather than the crap your currently putting out Didio???

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

hhhmmm I wonder why fans would rather read reprints of the old stuff rather than the crap your currently putting out Didio???
    Yep! Way better than any of the current garbage DC is putting out.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

It is amazing that he can see the problem, but he can't put it together with, for example, how they treated Wally West. Didio can't seem to connect the dots, when it's really not that difficult to do.

Astonishing Member

They aren't blind. They might not even be dumb. They just lack the creative and narrative talent.

I don't blame Lee *too much* outside of New 52 JL. He's just an artist and DC bought into his art style that a lot of people love, so that's all good. But anyone with eyes can see the problems here and those two have four of em.

Astonishing Member

I blame Lee. He is the real reason Harras is EiC of DC, that Scott Lobdell is around, that we got all those failed former Marvel writers during New 52 or the aborted Wildstorm crossover that never happened.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    It is amazing that he can see the problem, but he can't put it together with, for example, how they treated Wally West. Didio can't seem to connect the dots, when it's really not that difficult to do.
    I think it’s more that Didio, Lee, and Harras are utterly convinced there’s some fabled Promised Land of a New-Reader-Friendly, Perfectly-Marketable, and Eternally-Static Status Quo.

And the problem is that their market demographic (*all* of it, not just any specific age range or income status) favors quality writing and some dynamism to stories, and Didio and co. believe those are crippling flaws to pursuing their vaunted status quo. It’s probably also part of the reason Didio’s voiced some kind of shocked disappointment and bemusement at just how insanely successful the MCU has been by embracing change and growth.

And that’s part of his problem with Wally: Wally succeeded by embracing change and growth as Barry’s successor, and Didio believes that because Barry came first and has a slightly more marketable story to people with short attention spans, that makes Wally the enemy. So he’s trying to force a change into Wally being some kind of tertiary character who can be subordinated to Barry’s IP.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I'm certainly not someone who thinks a comic book character needs to constantly be in a happy place but this is #$&!ing rediculous already! How much more can they put this character through? How much you all want to bet that all this "putting him through the wringer" is all just to build up to them killing him in a copy of Barry's death in whatever Crisis this leads up to.

I try to stay positive about the direction of this character but geez! Give your readers at least a TINY bit of hope!
    Last edited by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper; 07-18-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Jeez, where to start.....

Let's start with the main ones.

The Speed Force - introduced during Waid's Wally West original run. Revealed as the source of speedster's power, Wally became the one who came to understand it most. Barry is a scientist. He looks at things from a logical point of view. There was nothing EVER logical about the Speed Force. Yet, now miraculously, Barry is the source of the whole thing!! An absurd retcon, done solely to diminish Wally West as the Flash and bolster Barry Allen to both character's detriment.

The look - Barry's costume is a classic. DECADES ahead of it's time, Carmine Infantino was a genius. When Wally eventually stepped out of Barry's shadow, he adopted a costume with the slight tweak to the belt and boots. This costume has now been taken by Barry, and Wally given a costume that brings him back to his Kid Flash look.

The personality - Since the New 52, I'm not sure who this bloke calling himself Barry Allen is, but it sure as hell ain't Barry Allen. If you were reading JLA there are times where you would SWEAR you were reading Wally West.

The TV show - I really love this show. I think it's great and hope it runs for another few seasons. But AGAIN, the Barry Allen character is portrayed SO much like Wally it's obscene. The Rogues he battles and relationships are ALL Wally! (Think Captain Cold - grudging respect or even MORE blatant - friends with Piper) Blaquesmith, King Shark, Blackout, Peek A Boo, Zoom, Savitar, Girder - ALL Wally West rogues!! (OK, King Shark was a Superboy villian) For God's sake LINDA PARK appeared as a love interest!!!

The ONLY thing left for DC to take away from Wally West is the Flash name - and I'm fully expecting that to happen shortly.
    Geez, just reading this nearly makes me explode with anger... That helps a lot. We still need details and images, then maybe post it on blogspot or wordpress or somewhere, or just in this forum, or maybe build a website for Wally.
    I would like to write it myself, but I'm not a native English speaker. Better let someone more efficient and accurate to do this job. It will also need the help of many fans to improve and perfect the content.
    If anyone wants to help we could form a group to discuss it. If no one thinks it's a good idea I will do it myself (in a slow way, of course). This is just my proposal. I think this is important. Even guys in DC are trying to destroy this character, they might finally destroy him one day, people should know the truth, what Wally meant to the Flash franchise.

Astonishing Member

Heck they even stapled Pied Piper onto Barry so he'd have a gay friend despite all of Pied Piper's going good was with Wally as his friend.