Page 106 of 239 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I hate to say this but by casting a black guy as Wally means that they simply won't be able to cast Wally as white, certainly not while the Flash is still on TV and arguably not while that portrayal is still fresh enough in people's memories to bring up comparisons. It would, ironically enough, be seen as "whitewashing", which is even more ironic since there was little about CW's Wally West that actually reflected Wally in the comics.
    Cast Both. One as Flash and One as Kid Flash
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I hate to say this but by casting a black guy as Wally means that they simply won't be able to cast Wally as white, certainly not while the Flash is still on TV and arguably not while that portrayal is still fresh enough in people's memories to bring up comparisons. It would, ironically enough, be seen as "whitewashing", which is even more ironic since there was little about CW's Wally West that actually reflected Wally in the comics.
    Then again, there is Young Justice and Justice League (DCAU) that both have massive followings. So, "whitewashing" may not be brought up except by a minor few.

Not Sure if Good News for Us but Batman has been liberated from King just as he planned to revolutionise the Character (potentially like how he revolutionised Wally.)
    https://www.cbr.com/tom-king-leaving...medium=ios_app
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Not Sure if Good News for Us but Batman has been liberated from King just as he planned to revolutionise the Character (potentially like how he revolutionised Wally.)
    This is not good news. It's GREAT news. YES!!!

Please, I wish you the best Mr. King, get that therapy you so need but I'm so happy you won't be destroying more fan favorite DC heroes by using the comics we love for working out your own personal issues.

I would like to think that the big blowback that he got with how he ruined Wally had something to do with this.

Maybe, just maybe they will reverse the damage he's done.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I mean, I like Lonsdale enough but I'm not sure if his Wally was popular or impactful enough for it to be that big of a deal. I could be wrong though.

I think there might be more of a fuss if Iris was ever portrayed as white again, but I'm not sure if it would be a dealbreaker.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This is not good news. It's GREAT news. YES!!!

Please, I wish you the best Mr. King, get that therapy you so need but I'm so happy you won't be destroying more fan favorite DC heroes by using the comics we love for working out your own personal issues.

I would like to think that the big blowback that he got with how he ruined Wally had something to do with this.

Maybe, just maybe they will reverse the damage he's done.
    Criticise the comics all you want, but don't be a jerk about the people making them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Criticise the comics all you want, but don't be a jerk about the people making them.
    I disagree. He opens himself to it with the crap he does on Twitter and because he has caused so much damage to characters that people love. If he wanted to be beyond criticism he shouldn’t have written comics in the first place.

Incredible Member

He's still releasing more projects

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Cast Both. One as Flash and One as Kid Flash
    Sure but then people will wonder why the hell they're both named Wally West.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Then again, there is Young Justice and Justice League (DCAU) that both have massive followings. So, "whitewashing" may not be brought up except by a minor few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I like Lonsdale enough but I'm not sure if his Wally was popular or impactful enough for it to be that big of a deal. I could be wrong though.

I think there might be more of a fuss if Iris was ever portrayed as white again, but I'm not sure if it would be a dealbreaker.
    Fair points that I would have agreed with about a decade ago. Outrage culture has gotten so out of hand at this point, though, that I'm reasonably sure that some people actually go out there looking for something to be offended by.

We still don't know what the story is. I doubt it has anything to do with Heroes in Crisis and is either about the head honchos at Warners changing their minds about the last-minute changes that King pitched them or, perhaps more likely, that if these final fifteen issues are such a big deal, maybe DC wanted to move them to their own maxi-series to maximize their impact or perhaps King will be joined by Gerads again and, riding high on the success of Mister Miracle, DC wanted to evoke that series at the same time. It's way too early to tell but I think it has less than nothing to do with Wally West.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Yeah, that response was pretty dickish.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Just say the younger one was named after the older one .
    Fair points that I would have agreed with about a decade ago. Outrage culture has gotten so out of hand at this point, though, that I'm reasonably sure that some people actually go out there looking for something to be offended by.
    I mean...you're not wrong, I just don't think the negativity would outweigh the openness.

But I could definitely be wrong. I know diversity is very important to people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 82616

More Wally/Bats interaction.

But Wally laying it down..
    I have to admit that Wally has a point in shutting down Bruce here. He's so obsessed with his rogues gallery in Gotham City that he overlooks the other villains that other heroes have and how they can be a bit more dangerous if he underestimates them.

Ultimate Member

I think folks would have a bigger issue with it on the grounds of DC using the excuse of "we are matching the tv show-so we can use him in comics." When all we heard when it was John Stewart, Vixen, Static and ESPECIALLY the entire cast of Black Panther-tv and movies don't matter when it comes to comics.

Why is that done based on the show when Cyborg can't reflect his superior outside of DC Comics writing?

There is too much stuff with a white Wally to throw him away and NOT expect folks to say something. Especially those who have seen the original TRASHED for 10+ years and the black one keeps getting poor writing in Flash.

Yeah you can use both but expect folks to say something about it. Because this is not Nick Fury where you can explain that as no one was burying the original one. The movies went with the one who looked like a famous guy.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Oh, I don't think that it's in the comics sphere itself that the objections will come from but from the wider culture who would only know Wally West from the TV series. He hasn't even been featured in animation in forever. Well, not as far as I know. Is he back for this season of Young Justice?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Oh, I don't think that it's in the comics sphere itself that the objections will come from but from the wider culture who would only know Wally West from the TV series. He hasn't even been featured in animation in forever. Well, not as far as I know. Is he back for this season of Young Justice?
    He's referenced and made an appearance in a dream sequence.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

speed-reading-banner.jpg

Wally's letter page header.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake