Page 107 of 239 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 82693

Wally's letter page header.
    I love it

Last edited by TheImperfectFlash; 05-23-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    This is super hopeful for me because it makes me feel like he's going to write a Wally West book which at the end is what I really want. Just make it good and elevate him back up.

I can't lie, I'm a bit anxious to see what happens this Wednesday in the final HIC issue.
    Last edited by Darkcrusade25; 05-23-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    I appreciate that he acknowledges that the difference between normal Wally West fans and the people who sent him death threats.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love it
    It is pretty cool. I think it was called Speed reading.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I appreciate that he acknowledges that the difference between normal Wally West fans and the people who sent him death threats.
    Of course he does. It's not like the entirety of HEAT wanted to kill Ron Marz back in the day, either.

That said, reading the entire interview, he's coming to Wally from the wrongest possible angle (as the story shows).

Would be happy to eat crow, but I doin't see anything actually good coming out of this mess.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    This is super hopeful for me because it makes me feel like he's going to write a Wally West book which at the end is what I really want. Just make it good and elevate him back up.

I can't lie, I'm a bit anxious to see what happens this Wednesday in the final HIC issue.
    "I'd probably be mad if someone went into my actual story and then rewrote it and didn't have my name on it, I don't think that happens in comics, so."

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Tom...

Also no successful solo comic since 2003? 2005, and the reason that stopped was they just cancelled it for Infinite Crisis when it was doing great. In a comic industry that has gone out of its way to make sure he doesn't have a solo comic. Dude's doing some serious spin work to justify his actions.
    Last edited by Dred; 05-23-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    "I'd probably be mad if someone went into my actual story and then rewrote it and didn't have my name on it, I don't think that happens in comics, so."

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Tom...

Also no successful solo comic since 2003? 2005, and the reason that stopped was they just cancelled it for Infinite Crisis when it was doing great. In a comic industry that has gone out of its way to make sure he doesn't have a solo comic. Dude's doing some serious spin work to justify his actions.
    The really funny thing about that quote is that at the start of the New 52 DC was notorious for that. I think it was George Perez who came out later and said that a good chunk of his Superman run had dialogue he didn't write.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Of course he does. It's not like the entirety of HEAT wanted to kill Ron Marz back in the day, either.

That said, reading the entire interview, he's coming to Wally from the wrongest possible angle (as the story shows).

Would be happy to eat crow, but I doin't see anything actually good coming out of this mess.
    Yeah it's gonna take a lot more than some nice words to fix this mess.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

This confirms that this was from Didio. King told him the story he was going to tell, one character going insane and becoming a murderer and two others framed, and Didio told him to use Wally, Booster and Quin. I'm sure Didio knew who was going to end up where. And King also had a choice who would end up in which role.

I could see Didios eyes lighting up when King told him his story. "One hero goes insane and kills everyone. Perfect punishment to inflict on Wally and his fans."

Also as much as King claims he loves Wally I don't believe it. No one wants this character assassination done to a hero they actually care for.

King also sounds like he thinks like Didio that bad press is good press. Now people are talking about Wally. Uh no, people are talking about how you ruined him.

Also King reveals again that he writes all characters as himself. That is not only bad writing since not all characters are the same obviously but also shows his selfishness.

He is not writing a story for Batman for the character and his fans, he is not writing a story about Wally, or a story that would fit Booster but all characters are Tom King, and the story for Tom King.

All of this we knew already but this interview just reiterates all of it.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Meh, I know Didio was totally on board with this but King is doing what King does and, sadly, his misery laden, suicide focused storytelling isn't really the best look for Wally. King just said it himself, he can't write anything else. He keeps tossing these platitudes like Wally "walking off into the sunset" even though he never even got that and stuff to try to prop up his writing, saying that that'd be boring and at least he's not being boring or whatever. It's all rather flimsy.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Yeah it's gonna take a lot more than some nice words to fix this mess.
    Totally believe he loves Wally. But his outlook is wrong, and he was not the character for this story (for a numner of reasons, as I repeated myself a lot of the times). We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Meh, I know Didio was totally on board with this but King is doing what King does
    Dude, Didio was not "on board". He says himself in this interview, and have said before in another (that I can't fioond for the life of me), the characters in the story were chosen for him. Didio made the call, blaming King for this is naive at best.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

King wrote what he wanted to write. There's no escaping that. The characters who are dead are on Didio. The character writing and butchery is on King. They're both responsible. Just like Johns was partly responsible for Flash Rebirth despite the good work he's done. Unless Didio was telling King he had to do these awful things with Wally, which I don't even think Didio will micromanage that much, there's shared blame. Didio didn't tell King to turn Wally into a suicidal bomb with legs.

You can blame Didio on the character list. You can blame Didio on the marketing. You can blame Didio for corrupting the premise in and of itself making what was in this story even worse. But King didn't have a gun to his head when he was writing the characters. And I'm sure Didio was applauding his work when the scripts came in.
    Last edited by Dred; 05-23-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Also King reveals again that he writes all characters as himself. That is not only bad writing since not all characters are the same obviously but also shows his selfishness.
    I guess that explains why seemingly every character he writes have to have some kind of traumatic element or have it foisted upon their character when he writes them.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, King likening Wally's situation to him coming back from the "war" is very, very fucking weird to me.