Page 111 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    What about Superman?
    In Rebirth and also everywhere else Superman is highly praised and also in the talk between Dick and Wally in the Titans, Dick jokes about what would Batman say if Wally comes with the Linda problem to him..and then Wally says that he prefers Supermans advice..
    Superman never really had a sidekick until Jon. Kara and Conner were always more independent from him. Kara was mentored by him(in the sense that he helped her adjust to Earth's culture) but it didn't last very long. It could be argued that them being separate from Superman is why the Superman family never got the same level of prominence that the Bat Family did.
    Last edited by king81992; 05-24-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

What about Supergirl? Kara was mentored by Superman and Diana and Artemis....

Diana was DEFINETELY at least Cassandras Mentor and also partially Supergirls mentor and she did a horrible job especially during Superboys Death...Donna instead was a good mentor...
    Kara was never treated as Superman's protege. That she got trained for like 3 months by Diana and Artemis, away from Superman, shows exactly what we're talking about.

One of the biggest things about the Fab 5 in general is that they grew up in their mentor's likeness and culture. Kara showed up and her big deal was that she remembered and had a lot of Kryptonian culture that Superman didn't really share except through history records and whatnot. There were barely any adventures showing the two working together, showing Superman teaching her, etc etc. Even Donna got those after her weirdness settled.
    Last edited by Dred; 05-24-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Sketch by Kolins

Bleeding Cool's leaks (sort of) about Heroes in Crisis #9 :

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...nale-spoilers/

I'm not sure I understand it correctly though x)

Astonishing Member

It basically means there's going to be a third Wally via time travel who becomes the corpse so time doesn't **** itself up when Wally decides not to kill himself after a bunch of people he doesn't care about talk him out of killing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It basically means there's going to be a third Wally via time travel who becomes the corpse so time doesn't **** itself up when Wally decides not to kill himself after a bunch of people he doesn't care about talk him out of killing himself.
    Or maybe the third Wally will be a Wally who hasn't done anything but will have to/want to pay for the crimes of the two firsts Wally ? A bit stupid but I would be ok with this.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

time travel mumbo jumbo, gotta love it

-Wonder Woman was, at least in my eyes, NEVER displayed as good mentor, I havent read much of Donna, but as mentor for Cassie she was horrible and Donna was a way better mentor than Diana...
    I remember as Superboy died, she left Cassie simply back and also in Rebirth the hiding of Donnas true heritage was only bad for Donna...

-Was Aquaman ever a mentor? I never read Aquaman, but for me it always seemed at least in Comic, that he is the king and Garth is the protege, but only because they are both from Atlantis not more, there is also always a big distance between them..

-Batman is difficult, because sometimes he is a very good mentor like in the Anime Show, but sometimes also horrible, like Pre-Flashpoint with Cassandra...
    I think Arthur was a good mentor to Garth up until his life went to @#$% and he got a hook hand. They were pretty close up until that happened, but even then they never had a huge falling out.

I think Batman is ostensibly supposed to be a good mentor for the kind of situation and danger he's preparing people for and when he's in a good state of mind. When he's peak 90's Batman, not so much. But he usually comes off as more intimidating and demanding then you would expect from a positive mentor.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    time travel mumbo jumbo, gotta love it
    I thought we were done with this after Flash War .

Ultimate Member

What about Superman?
    In Rebirth and also everywhere else Superman is highly praised and also in the talk between Dick and Wally in the Titans, Dick jokes about what would Batman say if Wally comes with the Linda problem to him..and then Wally says that he prefers Supermans advice..
    Suoergirl & Connor were generally PUSHED to be individuals from day one. Same with Bart to a point and slowly with Wallace now.

They are like Miles Morales.

They were pretty much made to expand the franchise without the main guy over them.

In Bat kids case-the Bat Office has always tried to include them in Batman's life. Even if they have a book or a team elsewhere-they still come back to help Batman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    What's really upsetting to me is that HIC completely ruined Wally's return to the DC Universe. When Geoff Johns brought him back in that "Rebirth" special, it was a great moment, and Johns perfectly captured the Wally West that Flash fans love.
    Dan Didio would never allow one of the crowning achievements of his reign as Executive Editor at DC to be undone. Given the amount of effort he went through to get Barry Allen back, there is no way he'd tolerate a usable version of Wally West whose character was intact hanging around given that creators as a whole prefer Wally to Barry.

Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-25-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Titans was doing really bad following up the Rebirth Special too. And before they knew it was close to 2 years later, and Wally had nothing to show for it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Bleeding Cool's leaks (sort of) about Heroes in Crisis #9 :

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...nale-spoilers/

I'm not sure I understand it correctly though x)
    Wally created a time loop to ensure his survival. One(or both versions) of him will die while a third one survives.

Put that in spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Suoergirl & Connor were generally PUSHED to be individuals from day one. Same with Bart to a point and slowly with Wallace now.

They are like Miles Morales.

They were pretty much made to expand the franchise without the main guy over them.

In Bat kids case-the Bat Office has always tried to include them in Batman's life. Even if they have a book or a team elsewhere-they still come back to help Batman.
    Although they also have more significant connections to Superman then Miles has with Peter Parker.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I always found it an interesting character wrinkle that the ONLY sidekick who actually took over the mantle (permanently) - couldn't take a sidekick himself.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.