Page 113 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3576
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    ...Are you ready guys?

Astonishing Member

It's still utterly fucking confounding to me that Tom King says he loves Wally West and has him commit fucking suicide.

If making them the focal point of "Identity Crisis Part II" is what King does to characters he loves, I don't wanna think about what he'd do to a character he hates.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    ...Are you ready guys?

That image of Wally about to snap his own neck and kneeling is so fucking disturbing I can't even put it into words. I feel so wrong seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It's still utterly fucking confounding to me that Tom King says he loves Wally West and has him commit fucking suicide.
    After killing his friends. And then framing others. After going crazy because there were other people who needed help other than him.

The answer is he doesnt. No one can make a character such a psychotic, sad, pathetic murderer and like them.

Actions speak louder than words. Look at what a person does not what comes out of their mouth. Those are easy to fake.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    That image of Wally about to snap his own neck and kneeling is so fucking disturbing I can't even put it into words. I feel so wrong seeing that.

After killing his friends. And then framing others. After going crazy because there were other people who needed help other than him.

The answer is he doesnt. No one can make a character such a psychotic, sad, pathetic murderer and like them.

Actions speak louder than words. Look at what a person does not what comes out of their mouth. Those are easy to fake.

Tom King is a sick man and needs help. I am not being sarcastic. That panel is absolutely disgusting.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

I feel like Wally is going to survive through time shenanigans. That being said, I think King needs to seek help. All of his comics involve trauma and there's been a suicide motif in his recent comics. Mr.Miracle ended with Scott committing symbolic suicide by choosing to live in a fake reality created by the Omega Sanction and his Batman run is full of allusions to suicide.

Astonishing Member

I know he's going to survive. That doesn't change the fact that he DID commit suicide. Like, Tom King wrote a comic in which Wally West decided the best course of action was to stop living. **** every ounce of that, man. It seriously depresses the **** out of me that this is what has happened.

Astonishing Member

I know he's going to survive. That doesn't change the fact that he DID commit suicide. Like, Tom King wrote a comic in which Wally West decided the best course of action was to stop living. **** every ounce of that, man. It seriously depresses the **** out of me that this is what has happened.
    This SHOULD have never happened in the first place. We could have had an actual story where a damaged and depressed character overcame their issues and became a better person. Instead we get a culling of the Titans franchise and Wallt getting character assassinated. King's problem is that he knows how to break characters but is utterly clueless(or unwilling)to have them rise above pain and overcome trauma.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Which is why I can't bring myself to get too.upset about this, since it is so out of what Wally would ever even think of doing.

It's not from left field, it's from another planet.

It's like if King wrote a story where Lois broke up with Superman and he got upset and hurt so he went and raped and killed Catwoman.

It's so retarded and so out of conceivable belief that you can't take it seriously.

The only things I take out of this series is that King does not know who Wally is at all, (and probably doesn't care) and has a very, very disturbing imagination.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 05-27-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    This SHOULD have never happened in the first place. We could have had an actual story where a damaged and depressed character overcame their issues and became a better person. Instead we get a culling of the Titans franchise and Wallt getting character assassinated. King's problem is that he knows how to break characters but is utterly clueless(or unwilling)to have them rise above pain and overcome trauma.
    Compared this to what happen to the Titans BEFORE the new 52 reboot and even during it...something tells me that Dan Didio doesn't like the legacy that is the Teen Titans at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Which is why I can't bring myself to get too.upset about this, since it is so out of what Wally would ever even think of doing.

It's not from left field, it's from another planet.

It's like if King wrote a story where Lois broke up with Superman and he got upset and hurt so he went and raped and killed Catwoman.

It's so retarded and so out of conceivable belief that you can't take it seriously.

The only things I take out of this series is that King does not know who Wally is at all, (and probably doesn't care) and has a very, very disturbing imagination.
    I just don't get why he so very, very much glorifies suicide. He injects it into every character. I don't love these characters because they remind me of and justify that call to the void. Yeah, these characters are just like me, only they actually fucking go through with it which is the most horrible fucking message I've ever seen.

"Here you go: This character you love and identify with! Who you've followed for decades! Talking about how he's going to justifiably kill himself because he views himself as a failure and then KILLS HIMSELF." It's not just bad writing, it's deeply, emotionally fucked up writing. Not just for the characters, but for the readers who invest in these characters.

Can't wait for the timely intervention of a bunch of idiots who don't care about him and who he doesn't care about to be the thing that shakes him from his psychotic-then-suicidal stupor. I'm sure it'll be some dumb half-joke from Harley Quinn, noted mass murderer, to shake Wally of his moral failings.
    Last edited by Dred; 05-27-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Compared this to what happen to the Titans BEFORE the new 52 reboot and even during it...something tells me that Dan Didio doesn't like the legacy that is the Teen Titans at all.
    Based on the spoilers about the upcoming event featuring the Batman Who Laughs, I'm convinced that Didio has an agenda against younger heroes.. Most of the characters who are suspected of working for BHL are from the Titans franchise or are younger counterparts of the established heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Who do you guys hear when you read Wally these days? Rosenbaum or Spisak?
    Spisak fits the voice I have for Wally more.

Astonishing Member

Rosenbaum's the fit for me for already mentioned reasons. He came first, he was trying to sound like an adult instead of a teenager and I primarily view Wally as an adult and The Flash.

It's just kind of funny to be comparing them since they've both played Flash and Kid Flash but probably are associated most with the version they played first.

I think Spisak's Wally, to me, just had better range so I'm better able to read Wally in his voice. I could more readily see Spisak's Wally married to Linda and dealing with the stuff he did in the Waid, Johns, runs with Spisak's voice.