Page 114 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3576
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I always find it funny that people hear actors' voices in their heads when reading comics or novels. I virtually never do that. I just hear whatever that voice is in my head whenever I read.

Maybe it's similar to the way I'm a verbal thinker more than a visual one.

Anyhoo, HiC this week, huh? I've been almost naively optimistic about this series until the last issue but, man, do I have trouble accessing any of that optimism towards the final issue.

And if you think this sucks, just as a Wally fan, try being both a huge Wally fan and Tom King fan!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's just kind of funny to be comparing them since they've both played Flash and Kid Flash but probably are associated most with the version they played first.

I think Spisak's Wally, to me, just had better range so I'm better able to read Wally in his voice. I could more readily see Spisak's Wally married to Linda and dealing with the stuff he did in the Waid, Johns, runs with Spisak's voice.
    You do make a good case for Spisak's Wally. He did have a bit more range to work with.

e9e7cdf2b61026ead220e447e6e2995b91e270eb_hq.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I always find it funny that people hear actors' voices in their heads when reading comics or novels. I virtually never do that. I just hear whatever that voice is in my head whenever I read.
    I think it depends in certain instances. I usually just come up with my own voices that fit my idea of the character, the writing, or the interpretation although sometimes that's informed by other performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post

Maybe it's similar to the way I'm a verbal thinker more than a visual one.
    I think it depends in certain instances. I usually just come up with my own voices that fit my idea of the character, the writing, or the interpretation although sometimes that's informed by other performances.
    I take a similar approach where most of the voices I hear when reading are my idea of what fits the character. There are exceptions for example, Kevin Conroy to me IS the voice of Batman. Tim Daly from the 90s Superman TAS also is my ideal voice for Supes.

The voice I hear for Wally is a dry sarcastic voice.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 05-27-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Compared this to what happen to the Titans BEFORE the new 52 reboot and even during it...something tells me that Dan Didio doesn't like the legacy that is the Teen Titans at all.
    I'm going to go with this was written with a sarcastic tongue in cheek. (Not that I disapprove of that.)

Any day now should be an issue featuring Mxy and Mopee holding a 'nuther dimension' critique of HIC. Something like HISHE would do. Then the whole thing gets discussed in the Superhero Cafe.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I take a similar approach where most of the voices I hear when reading are my idea of what fits the character. There are exceptions for example, Kevin Conroy to me IS the voice of Batman. George Daly from the 90s Superman TAS also is my ideal voice for Supes.

Yes! Conroy and Daly. All the time.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I take a similar approach where most of the voices I hear when reading are my idea of what fits the character. There are exceptions for example, Kevin Conroy to me IS the voice of Batman. George Daly from the 90s Superman TAS also is my ideal voice for Supes.

Think you mean Tim Daly. George Newbern was Superman in Justice League/Justice League Unlimited .

Think you mean Tim Daly. George Newbern was Superman in Justice League/Justice League Unlimited .
    You are correct
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I don't really have a specific voice that I reference when reading Wallly but in my head he probably comes out closer to Christopher Daniel Barnes Spider-man than either of Wally's actual voices. Maybe a bit of a mix of 90s Spidey and JLU Wally but closer to 90s Spidey. Not really a conscious choice but it comes out that way.

Incredible Member

WHOSE READY FOR HEROES IN CRISIS 9?!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually a bit excited, I can't wait to see how low can they go in tomorrow's issue. If kindle lets me read it at 12AM, i'll try to post a scan tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post

I'm actually a bit excited, I can't wait to see how low can they go in tomorrow's issue. If kindle lets me read it at 12AM, i'll try to post a scan tonight.
    I can't wait for this. I'm simultaneously apathetic and excited, very strange feeling but we live in strange times I guess.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Part of loving Wally is being imminently prepared for sadness and disappointment.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post

That’s really appreciated. Thanks a lot !

Spectacular Member

heroes in what?

tomorrows doomsday clock day!! we'll finally find out if lois lane has ever heard of wally.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    heroes in what?

Tomorrows doomsday clock day!! We'll finally find out if lois lane has ever heard of wally.
    leviathan are also rising which means the question
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe