Page 13 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    What's in two weeks? Heroes is crap #5? Just going to be another shot of Wallys dead body lIke they have been doing every issue.
    Don't forget The Flash Annual !

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Don't forget The Flash Annual !
    That seems to be more about God speed. Whom I am curious where he's been at since the tease at the end of the Grodd story.

But as far as Wally goes it seems that just Bart will deal with the loss of Wally. I'm not expecting anything too long or too in depth on that.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Well, Williamson teased it was the beginning of a huge Flash Family event, so I'm still hoping to see Bart and Iris going on their own quest to save Wally/change his fate.

Let me this last issue before I get totally desillusioned x)

Well, Williamson teased it was the beginning of a huge Flash Family event, so I'm still hoping to see Bart and Iris going on their own quest to save Wally/change his fate.

Let me this last issue before I get totally desillusioned x)
    Lol. Alright I'll let you hang on to your last dreg of false hope. Then after the inevitable you will join me on the dark side. Come.....

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    That’s because the New 52 Flash is one of the worst takes on the character of The Flash that we have ever had. They had zero idea where they wanted to go. This is Barry but lets make him Wally lite.......wait....no.....it resulted in a very bland and convoluted book.
    It's true. It would be one thing if Wally was replaced by an interesting Barry Allen - sort of like Waid's version in JLA: Year One and Brave and the Bold - but what we got has been a character that has wavered between bland and unlikable. Worse, Manapul/ Buccelato provided some of the very best Flash art ever - it's just unfortunate that it was wasted on bland stories about a bland version of Barry Allen.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

https://www.cbr.com/flash-supporting...ebs-mark-waid/

Pretty cool short article.

What happened to Messner-Loebs supporting cast when Waid took over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/flash-supporting...ebs-mark-waid/

Pretty cool short article.

What happened to Messner-Loebs supporting cast when Waid took over.
    Not to mention Waid was an assistant editor for WML's run so he already had a big hand in writing them towards that end point. A lot of people forget that Waid's fingerprint dates back before #62. That's why he knew and loved Linda enough to convince Bill to let his run end at the start of their burgeoning romance.

Also, very importantly, Waid also kept Piper around which was the best supporting character of the run.

Happy Birthday to Wally West !

Happy Birthday to Wally West !
    Cool. Happy Birthday to one of DCs greatest heroes.

Is it Wallys birthday in the DCU or the day he was created by Broome and Infantino?

Happy Birthday to the Fastest Man Alive .

Where's the cake?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    To be fair, Guggenheim may have killed off "Bart" but he wasn't the one who ruined the character. Geoff Johns started it off when he turned Bart into Kid Flash, thereby making one of DC's most unique characters into a fairly bland, run-of-the-mill teen superhero and then Bilson and (I can't remember his writing partner off hand) utterly destroyed him when they wrote his as this unbearably mopey Flash for half a dozen issues before Guggenheim was called in for what was, frankly, a mercy-killing.
    And even then, Geoff Johns admitted it wasn't his idea either. It came from 'higher up' that Impulse had to be Kid Flash.
    I actually thought he did a decent job of it.
    And yeah, the Bilson & Demeo run was bloody awful. Guggenheim just put the finishing touches onto the polished turd that was 'Fastest Man Alive'.
    The way the Rogues were portrayed as easily manipulated twits killing Bart pissed me off no end.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Appearentley January 16 1994 is Wally's birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Where's the cake?
    With Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    And even then, Geoff Johns admitted it wasn't his idea either. It came from 'higher up' that Impulse had to be Kid Flash.
    I actually thought he did a decent job of it.
    And yeah, the Bilson & Demeo run was bloody awful. Guggenheim just put the finishing touches onto the polished turd that was 'Fastest Man Alive'.
    The way the Rogues were portrayed as easily manipulated twits killing Bart pissed me off no end.
    I actually liked Val and that they were making a Flash an actual cop. But besides for that it was pretty meh.

Really old school Wally to celebrate the b-day.

dbb746.jpg

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Where's the cake?
    Dunno if intentional, but this is the best use of that Portal reference I've seen in my life.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!