Page 15 of 239 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 77256

Promotional ad for the first issue of Wally's solo series.
    That’s pretty neat!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

All-New Member

Does anyone have any good recommendations of Wally stories outside of his solo series, JLA, and NTT?

Astonishing Member

Unless you don't count JLA spinoffs or other kinds of JLA comics as part of JLA (JLI/E, JLA Classified, JL Elite, etc) then not really. He appears in the rare one shot (Flash and Nightwing by Waid, for instance) but Wally's appearances don't really span out beyond that. Wally was never really a major character in DC's eyes to get any significant elseworlds or something like Batman and Superman have 20 of. The best you might get is the original, good Flashpoint but Wally's only got a bit part in that as Barry is the main character.

All-New Member

Bummer but thank you!! I am going to start reading his time as the Flash including his appearences in team ups and spin-offs, I've only read Waid's first 4 volumes so I am excited to begin the journey from the start
    Last edited by wallywest; 01-20-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    No one is going to want to bring back Wally's family if King goes in this direction. There wasn't much effort before but this will probably make the twins seen toxic for years.
    If they screw up the twins I will be beyond pissed. **** King and this weird ass bull that he's calling a story. There better be someone using that image to do it. I swear to god.

On a more positive note in regard to the green Lantern Wally. I have them and it's so cool.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The twins could work, if done correctly. Especially with jon and damian. They could have a whole generation.But, don't see that happening since what happened to jon? Man! Rebirth is really dead isn't it!
    But, i would rather they allow Wally to be established in this universe as a flash.start Building him up again. Get him out of death return cycle he is stuck in. If i were the editor i would ban any writer from killing him, for the foreseeable future.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wallywest View Post
    Does anyone have any good recommendations of Wally stories outside of his solo series, JLA, and NTT?
    Flash/GL GL/Flash Faster Friends were good fun. Wally & Kyle with Jay and Alan.
    The Iron Heights one-shot is an absolute cracker.
    Darkstars #18-20
    Flash Plus Nightwing - story was OK, but it really highlighted the Wally/Dick friendship
    Time Flies - Another one shot that was another pleasant surprise.

All worth a read!
    Last edited by married guy; 01-21-2019 at 02:59 AM.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The twins could work, if done correctly. Especially with jon and damian. They could have a whole generation.But, don't see that happening since what happened to jon? Man! Rebirth is really dead isn't it!
    But, i would rather they allow Wally to be established in this universe as a flash.start Building him up again. Get him out of death return cycle he is stuck in. If i were the editor i would ban any writer from killing him, for the foreseeable future.

Well we just got the next generation on YJ with enough kids to make a nice size league,so I'm expecting DC to capitalize on what the show set up and makes popular for them, hopefully before the end of time.

BTW King has Lois lane being killed in the Walmart giant comic over and over again to show supermans anxiety about not being there for her, so don't expect king to do anything that isn't snuff sick **** for the twins. Maybe a actual good well balanced comic writer will use and fix them someday

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Really loved the Kid Lantern story. I'm definitely getting the Brave & Bold deluxe edition in may.
    I would have loved to see that play out more. Pretty cool to see Hal have a sidekick and just interact with uncle Hal in general. Would love to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That seems like a Post-Crisis advertisement.

"Everything looks the same! But it isn't!"
    Lol. Yup it is. Going through all the top heroes. Except for Batman.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Really loved the Kid Lantern story. I'm definitely getting the Brave & Bold deluxe edition in may.
    Quote Originally Posted by wallywest View Post
    Bummer but thank you!! I am going to start reading his time as the Flash including his appearences in team ups and spin-offs, I've only read Waid's first 4 volumes so I am excited to begin the journey from the start
    Nice user name. . Welcome.

As everyone else said, besides for Wallys main series there isn't mych beyond the JLA and odd one shots. There is some cool Titans comics he is in though that is pretty good. Including a story in 90s Jurgens TT and the Titans series in the early 2000s.

This is an odd one but Act of God really shows Wally in a cool light and is one of the reasons I like that story so much.

But honestly Wallys main series is just so good that it more than satisfies me. But I get you. More Wally is always good.

Happy reading and enjoy. You'r in for a great ride.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Nice user name. . Welcome.

As everyone else said, besides for Wallys main series there isn't mych beyond the JLA and odd one shots. There is some cool Titans comics he is in though that is pretty good. Including a story in 90s Jurgens TT and the Titans series in the early 2000s.

This is an odd one but Act of God really shows Wally in a cool light and is one of the reasons I like that story so much.

But honestly Wallys main series is just so good that it more than satisfies me. But I get you. More Wally is always good.

Happy reading and enjoy. You'r in for a great ride.
    Act of God is so bad and nonsensical.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Well, now I'm really curious about Act of God. Got it in a sweet hardcover edition but I never took the time to read it.

Well, now I'm really curious about Act of God. Got it in a sweet hardcover edition but I never took the time to read it.
    The story makes no sense and annoys the hell out of me. It's basically a book that worships Batman by de-powering everyone else. Most of the powered heroes come across as power hungry losers or junkies who miss the hero life because they were "gods".

Also Wondy becomes Catholic. WTF??!?!
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Act of God is so bad and nonsensical.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The story makes no sense and annoys the hell out of me. It's basically a book that worships Batman by de-powering everyone else. Most of the powered heroes come across as power hungry losers or junkies who miss the hero life because they were "gods".

Also Wondy becomes Catholic. WTF??!?!
    Nnoooo!!! How dare you??

No, I hear what your saying and I agree it doesn't portray all the heroes in the best light like GL or Superman. Especially Superman who is the greatest hero because of the man and not the powers .But I do like how it showed Clark and Diana coming together.

So I'll admit it does have its problems but I think they are out weighed by the good things in here.

First off its a really cool premise and interesting idea. Who are these characters underneath their powers and what would they do without them? A proper way of deconstructing the hero.

I really like these superheroes for the character themselves and not just their powers and costumes. So seeing them stripped down to just that is really great to see. I really like seeing Wally, Linda, Aquaman and others adapting and fighting crime even though they are now powerless. It shows these heroes are heroes not because of their powers but because of who they are.

It also doesnt hurt that my favorites, Wally and Linda, are part of the heroes that overcome this test of God. Also their new identities are pretty cool.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 01-21-2019 at 05:59 PM.

I highly recommend it. If you like the things I mentioned above then you should definitely read it.