Page 155 of 202 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3028
  1. #2311
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    They put a serial sexual assaulting company yesman on the comic. It is whatever Didio wants it to be.

  2. #2312
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    So, what does everyone think?
    Was the blowback from Heroes in Crisis enough to make Didio do an about face and restore Wally West as a hero?
    Or is this newly conjured mini series just going to be another ***k you to Wally West fans?
    And finally, are you going to BUY IT?

    Even though a very noisy section of fans let their thoughts be known, I don't believe it's enough to make Dan and Co change their position.
    I think that yes, the blowback from HiC was enough to make Didio re-evaluate his original plans for Wally (which was to make him a de-facto villain).

    No, I don't think this will be enough to make Wally neither a hero nor as relevant as he should. What I do believe is that Didio will recycle some idea that fdloated around for Wally at first.

    Back during the first Flash: Rebirth days, where the blowback for Wally was larger than expected, a lot of ideas were floated around for him. Some I heard on the rumor mill, some were all but confirmed but didn't materialize (don't ask, I cannot mention them nor explain how I know those). All of them were terrible.

    Regardless, remember that Dan likes to recycle ideas that didn't work. Kill Dick Grayson, Nightwing as an anti-hero, etc? Done, several times. Luthor as a hero? Again, done several times. year of the villain? Hell, it's almost every year nowadays.

    Now, rumour was back in 2012 that Daniel West was supposed to be Wally (this is semi confirmed), but Manapul put his foot down and Daniel was a compromise. Before that he tried to put Wally in Eric Wallace's Titans (which were led by Deathstroke: does that sound like "Wally in Suicide Squad to anyone?) Dan tried to repeat this strategy, which he already used with Cass, tried with Wally and used again with Donna, now with Wally again. It backfired.

    So he probably is going to recycle some plan of those floating around 2009: making Wally a villain, I believe, is out of the question, but just of the things Didio said publicly we can expect maybe a return to the "Mike Baron days" (which is how Dan views Wally, because he has no fucking clue about what the fuck he's talking about) and Wally questioning if he should be Flash or not (this is all but confirmed by the solicit itself).

    The fact that Lobdell is the writer also indicates the direction they'll going is heavily editorial, moreso than with most characters.

    Do I expect good things? No.
    Would I be happy to eat crow? Yes.
    Am I gonna buy it? Yes, because I wanna show support to the character, but I'm also prepared to complain my ass out and be as loud as possible if I feel it's warranted.

    So let's all expect I eat crow on this one, because few people can take my complaining anymore and because the Wally fandom deserves a break.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 06-27-2019 at 11:42 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

    To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

  3. #2313
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    So, what does everyone think?
    Was the blowback from Heroes in Crisis enough to make Didio do an about face and restore Wally West as a hero?
    Or is this newly conjured mini series just going to be another ***k you to Wally West fans?
    And finally, are you going to BUY IT?

    Even though a very noisy section of fans let their thoughts be known, I don't believe it's enough to make Dan and Co change their position.
    Things aren't changing and they won't for a while.

    I'll probably read it at my LCS but I doubt I'll buy it, unless it's something really good.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  4. #2314
    Mighty Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    1,926

    Default

    I don’t expect nothing good.
    I’m starting to stop having faith, my list of comics is poor as never before.
    I’m tired having hope.
    I definitely will not buy this book.

  5. #2315
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    So, what does everyone think?
    Was the blowback from Heroes in Crisis enough to make Didio do an about face and restore Wally West as a hero?
    Or is this newly conjured mini series just going to be another ***k you to Wally West fans?
    And finally, are you going to BUY IT?

    Even though a very noisy section of fans let their thoughts be known, I don't believe it's enough to make Dan and Co change their position.
    Based on the overwhelming evidence and incidents of this editorial treating Wally like absolute crap and just getting worse as time goes on I would say no. This will just be another opportunity to further destroy Wally.

    I have no reason to believe that DC will treat Wally well in this new series but plenty to believe they wont.

    So, no I don't think this series will be good for Wally. If for some fantastical reason the series comes out and it's actually good for Wally and does him.justice I will buy it. But not before I know it's not another Didio destroy Wally fest.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: All Star Comics, Justice League of America (Satalite years era), Huntress ('89 series)

  6. #2316
    Astonishing Member Dataweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    I'll keep tabs on it; but I'm not going to buy it until I get paid reviews from people I trust, or at least of people who have started up front that they're not expecting much out of it. If, for instance, BohemiaDrinker posts here that it's actually decent, I'll see about buying it.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 06-28-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

  7. #2317
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I'll keep tabs on it; but I'm not going to buy it until I get paid reviews from people I trust, or at least of people who have started up front that they're not expecting much out of it. If, for instance, BohemiaDrinker posts here that it's actually decent, I'll see about buying it.
    Wow!

    Thanks for the vote of confidece!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

    To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

  8. #2318
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    So he probably is going to recycle some plan of those floating around 2009: making Wally a villain, I believe, is out of the question, but just of the things Didio said publicly we can expect maybe a return to the "Mike Baron days" (which is how Dan views Wally, because he has no fucking clue about what the fuck he's talking about) and Wally questioning if he should be Flash or not (this is all but confirmed by the solicit itself).
    That's more of a rhetorical strategy Didio often uses to justify his decisions. He has said similar things about the Cassandra Cain Batgirl and the Giffen/Dematteis Justice League where he cites some earlier incarnation of the character/property being superior or preferable and how his plan will really bring them back to this original ur-state. Of course it's mostly all PR to the rubes.

  9. #2319
    Astonishing Member Dataweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Wow!

    Thanks for the vote of confidece!
    You're going in as a skeptic. If you give a positive review, that said something — as opposed to a positive review of someone who praised HiC, for instance, or someone who goes in expecting it to be good.

    If you say bad things about it, that won't carry as much weight — though it won't have to, as I'm already expecting that outcome. Conversely, if the guy going in expecting good things ends up reporting that it sucks, then it sucks.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 06-28-2019 at 11:07 AM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

  10. #2320

    Default

    The Flash & Captain Cold by Scott Kollins



    Wally looks happy...

  11. #2321
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    So, what does everyone think?
    Was the blowback from Heroes in Crisis enough to make Didio do an about face and restore Wally West as a hero?
    Or is this newly conjured mini series just going to be another ***k you to Wally West fans?
    And finally, are you going to BUY IT?

    Even though a very noisy section of fans let their thoughts be known, I don't believe it's enough to make Dan and Co change their position.
    Am I going to buy it?
    I will buy the first issue and my feelings on that issue will determine if I spend my money any further.

    What to expect?
    No clue!! I don’t have faith in the current leadership at DC to have learned from their previous blunders. I hope it’s good though and I will give it one shot.

    I will say that September is the most I have looked forward to from DC in a LONG time. Mainly due to Synder returning the JSA but I am hoping that Wally’s book will be good too. Hopefully I’m not doubly disappointed.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 06-28-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Absolute Carnage, Justice League, & Shazam!

  12. #2322
    Astonishing Member Dataweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    August will be DC#11; and given that Bendis says that the stuff involving the return of the Legion will in fact tie into Doomsday Clock, I think it's very likely that both the JSA and the LoSH will return in DC#11. Maybe Johns will also be able to use the issue to do something about there Wally mess? (I'm not holding my breath on that last one.)
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

  13. #2323
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    I'm buying the first issue.
    If it isn't OUTSTANDING, I'm cutting my losses.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  14. #2324
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    The Flash & Captain Cold by Scott Kollins



    Wally looks happy...
    Reminds me of his old Flash work with Wally .

  15. #2325
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I'm buying the first issue.
    If it isn't OUTSTANDING, I'm cutting my losses.
    It's Lobdell and Booth - the chances of it being "outstanding" are in the vicinity of slim to none.

    I actually still haven't decided whether to bother with this. I really dislike the work of the creative team, I don't trust DC with Wally West at the moment and, even though I do believe in separating the art from the artist, I don't know if Lobdell is good enough an artist for me to actively support him with all the very, shall we say, icky allegations against him. Plus, DC are putting out so much good material right now that I don't know if I particularly feel like hate-reading something from them.

    And yet, I can't lie, I'm curious about this...
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •