Page 156 of 239 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    And yet, I can't lie, I'm curious about this...
    ...which is why I'm keeping tabs on it and waiting for someone else who's highly skeptical to tell me if it's worth buying. If I still visited comic book stores instead of getting all of my comics online, I'd leaf through it when it comes out just to satisfy my curiosity.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Incredible Member

def gon buy and post summary of it ASAP when it comes out online.

I hope the book gets leaked the day before release tbh. That way if its good it'll get publicity, if bad then we can get the pitchforks in overdrive.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    The Flash & Captain Cold by Scott Kollins

Wally looks happy...
    Very cool. Nice to see Wally actually fighting some villains and being a hero.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Here's an interesting read detailing just how DC was being run at the onset of the New 52... and it sounds like little has changed, except that maybe it's gotten worse.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Perez's problem is that the guy editing the superbooks during that time is terrible at his job and presided over an inordinate number of creative reshufflings on the superbooks going back to Johns-Busiek on Action and Superman. He is also responsible for the mess known as Amazons Attack and further sabotaging Simone's run on Wonder Woman. And he was at Marvel on Captain America when Waid had his problems with editorial. And I think Waid was at one point one of the superbook writers the guy tapped, but they didn't get past the promotional stage before Waid left.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 06-30-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Here's an interesting read detailing just how DC was being run at the onset of the New 52... and it sounds like little has changed, except that maybe it's gotten worse.
    I remember when this happened. Editorial was in full control mode. They refused to tell Perez what Morrison was doing on Action Comics even though he was writing Superman and hacked his story to bits. That's why he left suddenly after 6 issues. It didn't get much better after that. Jurgens came on and also only lasted six issues until Lodbell came on and lasted about 15 issues. It was still all over the place. New 52 Superman was probably the most inconsistent title of the bunch. And Perez's experience with the terrible editorial was only the beginning of the disaster that would repeat itself throughout new 52.

Screenshot_2019-06-30-07-40-19.jpg

From Norm Rapmund who is inking Flash Forward. Also a big Wally fan.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

One thing is clear from what he's saying, though, that I think we overlook is that Perez's biggest issue seems not to be his notoriously difficult editor but that the corporate side of Warners were sticking their noses where they didn't belong; issuing capricious demands about how their precious IP was handled in the medium that, even when it was far more profitable, was largely left alone to do its own thing because of just how little actual money it brought in, relatively speaking.

We are all quick to blame Didio (and there's no doubt that his public hatred of Wally West and the entire Titans generation does little to dispel that notion) but it's pretty clear that just because they're publishers, that doesn't mean that Didio and Lee have anywhere near the final say on what actually gets published. It's becoming increasingly clear that replacing Didio actually wouldn't help very much.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

One thing is clear from what he's saying, though, that I think we overlook is that Perez's biggest issue seems not to be his notoriously difficult editor but that the corporate side of Warners were sticking their noses where they didn't belong
    That was known too to a degree. Changing the costumes for Star Sapphire (and possibly Supergirl) was I believe part of corporate meddling during New 52.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    That was known too to a degree. Changing the costumes for Star Sapphire (and possibly Supergirl) was I believe part of corporate meddling during New 52.
    Well that was probably a good thing tbh. Supergirl they kinda messed up but Star Sapphire's new suit beat her Pre-FP suit

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Well that was probably a good thing tbh. Supergirl they kinda messed up but Star Sapphire's new suit beat her Pre-FP suit
    I'm just glad that Guy Gardner didn't end up in a Start Sapphire suit when he put on the violet ring during the War of Light.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I know they established Star Sapphire as having her Johns-era costume originally before she got something a tad more conservative later (out of seemingly nowhere).

I thought Supergirl had the leotard with the red crotch piece from the onset of the reboot though.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Nice Kid Flash art .