Page 224 of 239 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3576
    Astonishing Member

Manapul and Buccellato pitched a Wally West story for New 52 Flash. I've never heard them say they didn't care about the character.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Manapul and Buccellato pitched a Wally West story for New 52 Flash. I've never heard them say they didn't care about the character.
    Same here.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Editorial is always at fault make no mistake. But he doesn't care about Wally either. I don't hold my breath. We're gonna get the bare minimum stuff.
    Manapul is a huge Wally fan. He made more than one pitch and lost a battle with editorial concerning Wally. Brian Booch, OTOH, is more of a Barry fan, but also advocated for Wally to be brought back during that run. Manapul and Booch were, in fact, the very first creatives at DC to even address the situation publicly after Flash Rebirth.

And if a (semi-confirmed) rumor I heard back in the day is true, they actually put their feet down and refused to make Wally the Reverse Flash when editorial told them to. (Daniel West being a compromise).
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Manapul is a huge Wally fan. He made more than one pitch and lost a battle with editorial concerning Wally. Brian Booch, OTOH, is more of a Barry fan, but also advocated for Wally to be brought back during that run. Manapul and Booch were, in fact, the very first creatives at DC to even address the situation publicly after Flash Rebirth.

And if a (semi-confirmed) rumor I heard back in the day is true, they actually put their feet down and refused to make Wally the Reverse Flash when editorial told them to. (Daniel West being a compromise).
    Dang. There goes my chances of being on Santa's Nice list because now I'm angry and wary. (Actually, I was angry and wary beforehand.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally is in Tales from the Dark Multiverse this week: https://www.newsarama.com/48184-clas...1-preview.html

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

That really doesn't mean anything for me. Have seen him draw Wally at all? No. He only draws Barry and Bart if he gets a chance. I don't know why I should expect for him to do anything.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Wally is in Tales from the Dark Multiverse this week: https://www.newsarama.com/48184-clas...1-preview.html
    Screenshot_20191209-165148_Chrome.jpg
    10char.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

That really doesn't mean anything for me. Have seen him draw Wally at all? No. He only draws Barry and Bart if he gets a chance. I don't know why I should expect for him to do anything.
    He draws what he's assigned to draw.

Have seen him draw Wally at all?
    Only in convention sketches and Geoff Johns second run. But he might be the reason Wally featured in some covers where he didn't show in story. But... he draws what he's allowed to.

That said, I don't expect Francis to do a Wally story in Flash 750, since at this point he is really associated with Barry. (But I'd like if he did).

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

The only time I can remember Manapul drawing Wally was doing it as Kid Flash when he was doing a personal collection on Jay, Barry, and Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The only time I can remember Manapul drawing Wally was doing it as Kid Flash when he was doing a personal collection on Jay, Barry, and Wally.
    There were at least two covers with Wally in his Last post crisis suit in Johns second run, onde appearnce sans uniform inside the book(in that shitty intervention issue, or just before) And at least two convention sketches that we can find online.Not much, bit he's done it.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 12-20-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Just read The Flash will be resuming it's legacy numbering and the next issue will be #750. Does this include the years that Wally was the Flash or just when Barry had the title?
    I have no beef with Vegans

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Just read The Flash will be resuming it's legacy numbering and the next issue will be #750. Does this include the years that Wally was the Flash or just when Barry had the title?
    IT counts everything, probably including annuals and specials. If we add up just the numbers of volume 1 (Jay, and then Barry inherited the numbering), volume 2 (Wally), FMA (Bart), volume 3 (Johns post-Rebirth series) New 52 and Rebirth series the number we'd get with the issue released today would be 637.

So, the number zeroes, 1.000.000 and specials have to somehow make the cut as well.

Astonishing Member

Flash Comics & The Flash vol 1. = 350 issues
    The Flash vol 2. = 247 issues
    The Flash vol 3. = 12 issues
    The Flash vol 4. = 52 issues
    The Flash vol 5. = 88 issues

350 + 247 + 12 + 52 + 88 =749

So after #88 of the current volume, we get The Flash #750.

Annuals and special numbered issues (#0, #1/2, #1,000,000, #23.1 etc.) aren't being counted, because they never added to the issue count of the main series. The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive doesn't count either, because it had a different title and didn't add to the numbering of "The Flash" - when that series was cancelled the series resumed with The Flash #231, picking up the numbering from The Flash #230 the year prior.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    You had better believe they're going to put Wally's numbering on there. When it comes to legacy numbering, inflating by any means necessary is the name of the game and-- frankly speaking-- Wally's volume provided too many core Flash elements to remove it.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I just finished Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Teen Titans The Judas Contract, and I have to say, it was really good.

Sure, it doesn’t end well for Wally but it was a fantastic team up with Dick Grayson.

This is it guys, we live in a weird era where we have to buy an elseworld of the Dark Multiverse if we want good Titans stories ! x)