Page 56 of 239 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I'm so depressed after reading your theories x)

I'm pretty sure Wally is not the killer but it's still depressing.
    Sorry about that. I've sadly come to expect the worst when it comes to Wally these days. But good news is my theories are always wrong so hopefully the streak continues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    But why is there two of him? It seems there is an evil and a good one. Or maybe the past one knows he will go bad in the future so for now he's good?

Confusing.
    Time shenanigans, I guess.

Astonishing Member

Can't wait for this thing to end (And DoomClock), so I can move on.

Huge thanks to Marvel for publishing good titles while we have to endure this.

I feel like Wally will get blamed and be made into a scapegoat even if he isn't the murderer.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

For me this works out. My interest in comics is at an all time low so Im really not invested these days.

So this crap has much less impact then it generally would have at any other time.

Why are you so sure Wally is not the killer when everything points to that he is? Both in the story itself and in the real world with who is running the show.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

Why are you so sure Wally is not the killer when everything points to that he is? Both in the story itself and in the real world with who is running the show.
    Because, at the heart of this story, it's still the Wally we all love. He's funny, even if he's talking about his personal tragedy, and he does the right thing, he saves people.

And most importantly, King knows what Wally means to the readership or his friends (Gerads in this case). I just hope he won't break a powerful symbol of hope.

Because, at the heart of this story, it's still the Wally we all love. He's funny, even if he's talking about his personal tragedy, and he does the right thing, he saves people.

And most importantly, King knows what Wally means to the readership or his friends (Gerads in this case). I just hope he won't break a powerful symbol of hope.
    I gotta disagree with you on this one. As far as Wallys written he's being written pretty generically without any defined personality that I can see. Which is how King writes most DC heroes. Pretty interchangable.

The only character trait I see in Wally is depression. But then again it is King so most of his characters are written like that. That and the annoying cutesey, Bendis, talk he does.

As for your second point King doesn't care about these heroes let alone what they mean to the readers. His work is only geared to whatever traumatic, physocological theme he is trying to push for the 100th time with insert whichever DC hero here.

Also Didio is involved so symbols of hope are meant to be crushed and stamped out as far as he is concerned.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Nah, DC still has some great stuff too. The Green Lantern, the Superman books, Wonder Comics, Doomsday Clock and I'm sure a bunch that I'm not reading. And, yeah, I'm a bit behind as I'm reading them in HC, but I like Tom King's Batman too. And I say this as someone who's sort of tired of Batman. I don't see the line being any worse than it has been for years. Some great, some desperately awful, loads very mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wally was not promoted as the main character. Only Harley and Booster were in advertising. Wally was said to be included by King on twitter and then through leaks and rumors that weren't official
    I'm not entirely clear on this, actually. Bleeding Cool talked about how Wally may well be the killer and/ or victim but I actually thought that his being a major character in the story, one way or another, was pretty established well before the rumours leaked.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Okay, if I unerstood this correctly, the implication is that spoilers:
    Wally is about to commit suicide by killing his future self
    end of spoilers

I don't like this.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    end of spoilers

I don't like this.
    I didn't even think of it that way but your right. It would fit in with the rest of King's few themes he likes to constantly repeat .

He had that in both his Batman and Mister Miracle books.

Astonishing Member

end of spoilers

I don't like this.
    Does that actually count as suicide?

Astonishing Member

end of spoilers

I don't like this.
    That doesn't even make sense(would that even count as suicide?) but it makes sense for King's writing since he's obsessed with trauma.
    Last edited by king81992; 03-27-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Does that actually count as suicide?
    Yes.

spoilers:
    Think the movie Looper, but in reverse
    end of spoilers

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

Any one else getting really annoyed that King keeps tossing that Hope of the Universe thing back in our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Any one else getting really annoyed that King keeps tossing that Hope of the Universe thing back in our faces.
    Not really, he's right.

Salvaging what we loved most about DC can't magically fix this mess.

I actually really liked how Wally was written this issue. He's obviously not in the best headspace but he's very much himself. I have a feeling that his death will mirror that one time he faked his own death and sent his body back in time to solve his own murder.

Either that or we have a crazy future version who never dealt with the loss of his family and it'll teach Wally that he needs to move on and not just hide away in a VR simulation of his glory days

I'm totally fine either way. Looking forward to next month to find out how this plays out.