Page 58 of 239 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    reason to love wally west
    Haha!!! I love it. Thanks for posting that.

Perfect Wally. Helpful, hilarious and a bit mischevous.

Also Wally and Dick have the best friendship.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I love how Wally's role in Heroes in Crisis revolves around time travel... when his story leading into this, Flash War, SPECIFICALLY closed off time travel to the Flashes. Kudos, editors.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 03-30-2019 at 07:42 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

At this point I don’t care. If King wants to tell the specific time travel story Waid never got the chance to write, then great.

Continuity doesn’t exist anymore in DC’s comics.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Eeehhhh, it kinda does.

I think what I find funny about it is that time travel being closed off is a big part of why Wally ends up at Sanctuary. Which Joshua Williamson knew. It's not some obscure thing from years ago, it's the arc immediately prior to Heroes in Crisis.

I can't give King too much crap about it, since I basically fist pump every time a writer disregards Zero Year in favour of Year One, which King is ESPECIALLY fond of doing, but... the time travel thing isn't even a case of Rebirth or Superman Reborn or something messing with continuity.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Actually, this is an interesting wrinkle. Never mind the editors, King himself collaborated quite closely with Josh Williamson and Flash War was specifcially set up as something of a prelude to HiC. It seems unlikely that he just forgot this specific point or that it wasn't put in there on purpose. Another clue, perhaps?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Am tired and read through this thread rather quickly after seeing the Crisis issue two days ago.

1. Is there evidence or a reason so many people think that Wally brought another character back to life? (Yes I saw the scene.) Because my take on that scene was that Wally was talking to an aspect of the AI that he recovered before the rest was damaged....probably by the real killer. Probably the AI part that dealt with his part of the therapy. Hence the surreal imagery.

2. Wally could absolutely be furious at Barry for Flashpoint even while verbally telling Barry that everything was peachy. You can love someone while still being angry about a perceived transgression they committed.

3. Duality. There is the possibility that neither one is 'our' guy and thus no time travel at all seeing as that is supposed to not work anymore. Or was that only for speedsters and not for science that uses other means?

At any rate I'm intrigued and loving the scenes with an alive Wally West even the angsty 'I'm doing just swell!' ones. If only there was not so much gore and Harley (both of which I can't stand.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Am tired and read through this thread rather quickly after seeing the Crisis issue two days ago.

1. Is there evidence or a reason so many people think that Wally brought another character back to life? (Yes I saw the scene.) Because my take on that scene was that Wally was talking to an aspect of the AI that he recovered before the rest was damaged....probably by the real killer. Probably the AI part that dealt with his part of the therapy. Hence the surreal imagery.

2. Wally could absolutely be furious at Barry for Flashpoint even while verbally telling Barry that everything was peachy. You can love someone while still being angry about a perceived transgression they committed.

3. Duality. There is the possibility that neither one is 'our' guy and thus no time travel at all seeing as that is supposed to not work anymore. Or was that only for speedsters and not for science that uses other means?

At any rate I'm intrigued and loving the scenes with an alive Wally West even the angsty 'I'm doing just swell!' ones. If only there was not so much gore and Harley (both of which I can't stand.)
    Your third point just gave me a thought. Maybe one of the extra Wally's is not actually a time displaced Wally but just one of the AI's projections.

After all Booster and Harley did see each other kill Wally which obviously isn't really them. Most likely it's the AI. So maybe one of the other Wallys are as well.

Also love your last line. I hate animal cruelty and Harley. Lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post

Because if Wally was bottling up resentment about Barry causing Flashpoint it should've come out at any point prior. Like when he was yelling in anger over Barry about how they both failed their families. It's a flat out retcon. King's using a lot of out-of-comics ideas and retconning them back into the story. The most obvious one being Wally thinking of himself as the "Symbol of hope" which is a concept only fans put on because of the Rebirth branding. No on ever said anything like that in the comics and Wally never expressed that sentiment out loud or in his own mind. Same reason King retconned Wally's marriage to have Linda reciting some poem that King came up with rather than, you know, the actual marriage we saw where Linda acted like Linda.

King does not care about a character or their history outside of the small bits he can use to hammer home traumatic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Because if Wally was bottling up resentment about Barry causing Flashpoint it should've come out at any point prior. Like when he was yelling in anger over Barry about how they both failed their families. It's a flat out retcon. King's using a lot of out-of-comics ideas and retconning them back into the story. The most obvious one being Wally thinking of himself as the "Symbol of hope" which is a concept only fans put on because of the Rebirth branding. No on ever said anything like that in the comics and Wally never expressed that sentiment out loud or in his own mind. Same reason King retconned Wally's marriage to have Linda reciting some poem that King came up with rather than, you know, the actual marriage we saw where Linda acted like Linda.

King does not care about a character or their history outside of the small bits he can use to hammer home traumatic experience.
    100% agree with this. Character personalities established over decades or even recent events in continuity don't mean jack to King. Whatever fits his depressing, traumatized narrative hell stuff in there.

On a side note there is a hashtag going around today on Instagram called #Wallyrevolution where numerous accounts are changing their profile to Wally and posting Wally content.

Not sure what the goal is but it looks pretty cool if anyone wants to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    On a side note there is a hashtag going around today on Instagram called #Wallyrevolution where numerous accounts are changing their profile to Wally and posting Wally content.
    And a really fun content. That and DC Comics Reddit, you should take a look (https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/).
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 04-01-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Wally West can't have a book, but if you're a villain, yes you can : https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...ir-own-comics/

Astonishing Member

I'd assume it's Thawne and Grodd. Potentially Hunter, I guess, if they're sticking with Thawne being dead for now. It'd actually be fucking bonkers if Zolomon could get a comic before Wally because of how much DC hates him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I'd assume it's Thawne and Grodd. Potentially Hunter, I guess, if they're sticking with Thawne being dead for now. It'd actually be fucking bonkers if Zolomon could get a comic before Wally because of how much DC hates him.
    Don't forget Godspeed.

Astonishing Member

I try to forget Godspeed every day.