Page 59 of 239 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I try to forget Godspeed every day.
    And I totally understand !

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    And a really fun content. That and DC Comics Reddit, you should take a look (https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/).
    Couldn't find anything. Can you link the specific place?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Don't forget Godspeed.
    It's going to be Thawne knowing Didio. He's a one trick pony and closest to Barry. I'm not really interested in dc and this isn't helping.

Only one I would be interested in is actually Godspeed. Only thing I'm curious about these days in the Flash title is him.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I'd assume it's Thawne and Grodd. Potentially Hunter, I guess, if they're sticking with Thawne being dead for now. It'd actually be fucking bonkers if Zolomon could get a comic before Wally because of how much DC hates him.
    If we're going by popularity and ruling out Cold, Thawne and Grodd would probably be pretty likely.

I don't see them giving Captain Boomerang a solo book .

Although considering how much of a focal character he's been in Williamson's run...I could see it being Godspeed.

Astonishing Member

Let us please stop speaking the idea of fucking Godspeed getting his own comic into existence. It is not an idea anyone should humor, because there is a minor chance someone somewhere sees it and will someday have the power to make it happen. Let us negate that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If we're going by popularity and ruling out Cold, Thawne and Grodd would probably be pretty likely.

I don't see them giving Captain Boomerang a solo book .

Although considering how much of a focal character he's been in Williamson's run...I could see it being Godspeed.
    Rag doll DEMANDS a solo series.

Let us please stop speaking the idea of fucking Godspeed getting his own comic into existence. It is not an idea anyone should humor, because there is a minor chance someone somewhere sees it and will someday have the power to make it happen. Let us negate that chance.
    Lol. What do you have so against Godspeed? I thought he was cliche to begin with. I mean we all knew who was under the mask at the beginning. But I like anti heroes and the only one coming close to that before in the Flash family was dark Flash. Who was awesome but is not coming back any time soon.

Actually if Didio had his way I'm sure he would love to turn Wally into Walter West. So edgy and angsty. Or dead. For the tenth time.

Damn I just depressed myself .

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Rag Doll counts ?

Astonishing Member

Lol. What do you have so against Godspeed? I thought he was cliche to begin with. I mean we all knew who was under the mask at the beginning. But I like anti heroes and the only one coming close to that before in the Flash family was dark Flash. Who was awesome but is not coming back any time soon.

Actually if Didio had his way I'm sure he would love to turn Wally into Walter West. So edgy and angsty. Or dead. For the tenth time.

Damn I just depressed myself .
    Because retconning shitty characters into foundational characters is bad and that is everything he embodies. Being just bad is fine, we can move on from bad. No one cares about Future Barry anymore because he was bad and we moved on. Being bad and making August, somehow, fundamental to Barry's personality, growth, and character arc is the kind of bad you can't scrub away for years.

Because retconning shitty characters into foundational characters is bad and that is everything he embodies. Being just bad is fine, we can move on from bad. No one cares about Future Barry anymore because he was bad and we moved on. Being bad and making August, somehow, fundamental to Barry's personality, growth, and character arc is the kind of bad you can't scrub away for years.
    I don't think they've gone that far yet, but I guess we'll have to see how it's handled in Year One.

Mighty Member

Yeah, I don't really see anything wrong with August. He's not my favorite character or anything, but he's been fine.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

I don't think they've gone that far yet, but I guess we'll have to see how it's handled in Year One.
    Year One already had a preview which has as much August dialogue as Barry dialogue, man. This is Williamson taking his opportunity to finally backtrack and retcon August into Barry's backstory to make him Barry's best buddy forever and always. To enforce ideas like August being closer to Barry and knowing Barry better than Wally. That kind of thing.

Rag Doll counts ?
    Why not? He's a Flash villain isn't he?

I agree as far as retconning major events or characters into a heroes very established past. We somehow missed this very important aspect that completely changes everything and affects everything is dumb.

But Barry kind of came back as a completely new character after he returned from the dead. Especially after the whole retcon dead mom thing. So it doesn't stick out as much.

Also I think.it's been excecuted quite decently by WillIamson despite it being a dumb idea. I think it has potential.

Especially with this mystery figure he is working for. I'm still wondering if Godspeed is actually trying to help the Flash family or destroy it. I like when writers keep you guessing about characters.

The bit with Impulse in the annual was also intriguing.

Astonishing Member

It could be interesting if Formerly Friend Who Is Now a Bad Speedster Working for an Evil Shadowy Master wasn't something that Williamson literally already did with Meena and Grodd. Sorry I'm not too enthused about it.

The saddest thing about this is I would absolutely freaking love a Born to Run style update of Barry's origin and first year. I just don't want it being defined by August Heart because he's Williamson's favorite OC.

Year One already had a preview which has as much August dialogue as Barry dialogue, man. This is Williamson taking his opportunity to finally backtrack and retcon August into Barry's backstory to make him Barry's best buddy forever and always. To enforce ideas like August being closer to Barry and knowing Barry better than Wally. That kind of thing.
    That wasn't really my takeaway from it. August seemed a lot more secondary to Barry in the preview, but to each their own.

I don't think Williamson would ever try and pretend August is closer or knows Barry better then Wally does. That's like saying Thawne knows Barry better then Wally does when his entire perspective of Barry and the Flash mythos is colored by his obsession and hatred of The Flash.
    Why not? He's a Flash villain isn't he?
    Was he a Jay villain...?

It could be interesting if Formerly Friend Who Is Now a Bad Speedster Working for an Evil Shadowy Master wasn't something that Williamson literally already did with Meena and Grodd. Sorry I'm not too enthused about it.

The saddest thing about this is I would absolutely freaking love a Born to Run style update of Barry's origin and first year. I just don't want it being defined by August Heart because he's Williamson's favorite OC.
    I hear ya. I find it annoying as well when someone takes their pet character they created and shove them everywhere and make them the new center of everything.

But I don't think Williamson has really done that yet with Godspeed. Although I agree that year one will probably see that made up in full.

Bringing this back to Wally I don't think they are in any competition. They have very different relationships and dynamics to Barry.

Now that I think about it I think it would be cool to see Wally and Godspeed interact. Maybe try to play the bad uncle and mentor and turn Wally to the dark side. Could be interesting.

Of course it'll never happen with Wally continuing to be utterly screwed with and the whole Flash family being a mess/ having no connection / being pretty much none existent.

I hear ya. I find it annoying as well when someone takes their pet character they created and shove them everywhere and make them the new center of everything.

But I don't think Williamson has really done that yet with Godspeed. Although I agree that year one will probably see that made up in full.

Bringing this back to Wally I don't think they are in any competition. They have very different relationships and dynamics to Barry.

Now that I think about it I think it would be cool to see Wally and Godspeed interact. Maybe try to play the bad uncle and mentor and turn Wally to the dark side. Could be interesting.

Of course it'll never happen with Wally continuing to be utterly screwed with and the whole Flash family being a mess/ having no connection / being pretty much none existent.
    I mean, I think ultimately the point of August in some regard is that he's the opposite of everything Wally is to Barry and re-emphasizing why Barry needs someone like Wally in his life, which is when Wallace becomes the new Kid Flash.