Page 6 of 239 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Actually, I really like the idea of the Flash and Batman families tied. Of course it seems they're complete opposite but I think Batman really likes Wally. He's Barry's nephew and Dick's best friend. I like to think Bruce considers Wally as Family.
    I wouldn't be happy with this. The Batman franchise already is way too all over the dcu. And there is no history or precedent for it. It would be completely from left field. I mean its laughable that dc is trying to connect Batman to Barry because they are both "detectives". Yea. Ok, DC.

I guess there might be something with Wally working with Batman during Morrisons era. If thats still canon.

But growing up I would think Batman would dislike Wally as he would most likely get Dick into fun hi jinks that the bat would disaprove of.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Out of all of Dick's friends I think he likes Wally best. Honestly I think Bruce likes most of Dick's friends, some more than others.
    I think he would hate Roy. lol.

Cant remember where but there was this great flashback scene when they were kids where Roy shot Batman in the back with a trick arrow as a joke and Batman grabbed it from behind him and gave him the biggest dirty look ever. lol.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Out of all of Dick's friends I think he likes Wally best. Honestly I think Bruce likes most of Dick's friends, some more than others.
    I don't remember Bruce interacting with Garth a great deal.
    I don't know about friendship, but Bruce has(d) a strong respect for Wally.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The only few interactions that come to mind has Garth being fearful of Bruce and Bruce ignoring him.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I wouldn't be happy with this. The Batman franchise already is way too all over the dcu. And there is no history or precedent for it. It would be completely from left field. I mean its laughable that dc is trying to connect Batman to Barry because they are both "detectives". Yea. Ok, DC.

I guess there might be something with Wally working with Batman during Morrisons era. If thats still canon.

But growing up I would think Batman would dislike Wally as he would most likely get Dick into fun hi jinks that the bat would disaprove of.

I think he would hate Roy. lol.

Cant remember where but there was this great flashback scene when they were kids where Roy shot Batman in the back with a trick arrow as a joke and Batman grabbed it from behind him and gave him the biggest dirty look ever. lol.
    I think Bruce probably likes Roy more he does Ollie.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

A strict dominant guy like Bruce would like the good guys like Barry and Wally since they respect rules. It's the disobedient rulebreakers like Hal or Guy he dislikes. Roy seems to be the latter.

That's our only hope ! I really miss Wally and I'd like to share Byrd156's optimism for once !
    Young Justice will bring Wally back, even if it's only temporary. I can feel it.

I see the this season ending with the Team taking on Darkseid and Wally returning from the Speed Force or whatever to help in the final fight. I would like a full on return but I don't know. Honestly I feel like DC has probably given Weisman and co some notes about Wally with might've altered their plans for him.

I think even worse than his mentor, Garth just gets sidelined in general.

I think Bruce probably likes Roy more he does Ollie.
    I think most of the dcu likes anyone more than Ollie. lol.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    A strict dominant guy like Bruce would like the good guys like Barry and Wally since they respect rules. It's the disobedient rulebreakers like Hal or Guy he dislikes. Roy seems to be the latter.
    Maybe when Wally was older he was a little more respectful of the rule, but as a teenager and young guy forget it. That's what makes him so fun.

Young Justice will bring Wally back, even if it's only temporary. I can feel it.

I see the this season ending with the Team taking on Darkseid and Wally returning from the Speed Force or whatever to help in the final fight. I would like a full on return but I don't know. Honestly I feel like DC has probably given Weisman and co some notes about Wally with might've altered their plans for him.
    I think I'm an optimistic guy but also practical. Wally will not return in Young justice. Maybe to get crapped on.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Maybe when Wally was older he was a little more respectful of the rule, but as a teenager and young guy forget it. That's what makes him so fun.

I think I'm an optimistic guy but also practical. Wally will not return in Young justice. Maybe to get crapped on.
    I would describe myself as a practical cynic and I see Wally's return as inevitable. Young Justice is very much it's own universe but it is built upon past aspects/events of popular and well loved stories. From War World to the Reach invasion to the Titans fight with Mr. Twister etc. One big thing for the Flash family is the deaths and returns they always go through. To me I can't see Weisman and co set up Wally's death and not capitalize on a triumphant return.

At the start of season 3 we see the JLA as distrusted across the galaxy and ineffectual on Earth. Part of the team is gone and Dick seems to be the only one doing anything of importance. The hero community is fundamentally broken at this point in the YJ universe. I see Wally's return (mostly likely at the end) as a triumphant return to form for the rest of the DCU. It would symbolize the broken heroes coming back together and proving that the young heroes or Young Justice is ready to take over. The big thing to think about here is that this is a tv show, not a comic series overseen by a bunch of editors. They have a very different way of writing, they don't have to worry about arcs changing month to month or a new team coming in and changing things. This is one big story with smaller gears moving together that has been planned years in advance, Wally will get some sort of pay off. Whether it's a return of some sorts or even something smaller like a reminder that helps the team go on. His death will not be shown to be in vain, otherwise that would be a huge writing misstep for the show.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Reminds me of that GREAT scene where Guy lets Bruce know what he thinks of him out the window of the Watchtower with Bats stating straight faced "Guy needs a shave".

PURE gold!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Reminds me of that GREAT scene where Guy lets Bruce know what he thinks of him out the window of the Watchtower with Bats stating straight faced "Guy needs a shave".

PURE gold!!
    Love him, one of the best comic scene of all time.
    Give us Guy Gardner back for good! This incompetent editorial is sidelining all his best characters

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

What makes me think Wally will return in YJ, other than the references we had during the first three episodes, is the ending of S2. Bart came back in the past, thinking that saving Barry would also save Earth’s future. But at the end of the season, we can see that nothing changed in the future. I think Bart saved the wrong Flash and he knew Wally was going to die at some point.

I like Byrd156’s point of view either. There’s clearly something broken in the YJ universe.

I love this world. But there’s something missing.

What makes me think Wally will return in YJ, other than the references we had during the first three episodes, is the ending of S2. Bart came back in the past, thinking that saving Barry would also save Earth’s future. But at the end of the season, we can see that nothing changed in the future. I think Bart saved the wrong Flash and he knew Wally was going to die at some point.

I like Byrd156’s point of view either. There’s clearly something broken in the YJ universe.

I love this world. But there’s something missing.
    So you're saying Bart traded Wallys life for Barry's?

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    So you're saying Bart traded Wallys life for Barry's?
    Nope. I think he knew both of them were going to die but it seems he believed that saving Barry would change everything. Only the spectator knows it didn't change anything.

Nope. I think he knew both of them were going to die but it seems he believed that saving Barry would change everything. Only the spectator knows it didn't change anything.
    Barry was supposed to die in a different scenario, not the season finale with the Reach's bombs where Wally did but with the energy waves guy. I think Wally's death was more of a result of Bart messing with the timeline because Bart had no such knowledge of Wally's demise.