Page 62 of 239 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I don't know where it comes from, but I had to share it !

Donna with that damn sword will never stop bothering me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    That's kind of the point. Booth and Abnett have said they could not do anything of what they wanted to do with the characters, which corroborates the general idea that Titans was spinning its wheels by editorial edict.
    We only have to wait a few years before Didio's well-deserved retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Donna with that damn sword will never stop bothering me.
    And she looks so angry too .

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    That's kind of the point. Booth and Abnett have said they could not do anything of what they wanted to do with the characters, which corroborates the general idea that Titans was spinning its wheels by editorial edict.
    Booth also said that "they" were expecting Rebirth, and Titans particularly, to fail.

It doesn't take a lot to understand who "they" are.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Booth also said that "they" were expecting Rebirth, and Titans particularly, to fail.

Do you have a link to this? What was the context? Why would DC go ahead with a highly publicised line-wide relaunch if they expected it to fail? Why would they expect a big comics project headed by Geoff Johns to fail?

This has been the worst era of DC. I would gladly take garbage like Extreme Justice from overly dated 90s books than what we have right now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

This has been the worst era of DC. I would gladly take garbage like Extreme Justice from overly dated 90s books than what we have right now.
    Agree and same!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Do you have a link to this?
    No, I don't. It was on twitter, but Booth tweets a lot.

What was the context?
    Booth and some reader were discussing the Titans book and Wally's redesign.

Why would DC go ahead with a highly publicised line-wide relaunch if they expected it to fail? Why would they expect a big comics project headed by Geoff Johns to fail?
    You do understand that "they" is not the totality of DC, right?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

We only have to wait a few years before Didio's well-deserved retirement.
    This sounds too good to be true. But God I hope so.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Totally agree, remember the time in 90’s when I came home from LCS with hands full of books...
    Nowadays my list is down to only 3 books monthly (one of them is Doomsday Clock, pratically a bi-monthly)
    The lowest point in my life.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Totally agree, remember the time in 90’s when I came home from LCS with hands full of books...
    Nowadays my list is down to only 3 books monthly (one of them is Doomsday Clock, pratically a bi-monthly)
    The lowest point in my life.
    Same here. Unfortunately.
    I really lost faith in DC. You can't give to your readership what we always wanted and take it back/destroy it without any consequences.

Same here. Unfortunately.
    I really lost faith in DC. You can't give to your readership what we always wanted and take it back/destroy it without any consequences.
    Agreed. What's especially frustrating is not only that were at a low point but we just did this with Didios dream and making everything dark and depressing and crapping on Wally and it failed.

Why are we right back to it when we know it doesn't work. Especially after they were clearly trying to fix it by going the exact opposite direction with Rebirth.

Why are we right back here again?

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Agreed. What's especially frustrating is not only that were at a low point but we just did this with Didios dream and making everything dark and depressing and crapping on Wally and it failed.

Why are we right back to it when we know it doesn't work. Especially after they were clearly trying to fix it by going the exact opposite direction with Rebirth.

Why are we right back here again?
    “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein

At this point I don't even care anymore. I'm just waiting to confirm a certain ending to a certain story arc and then be done with it. You know that they realize that the direction they're going isn't working. You know that they know people hate it. You know they're not going to stop or even change. "I'm just going to keep doing it until I get the results I want. They'll love it or they'll learn to love it."

Quote Originally Posted by LLSmoothJ View Post
    “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein

At this point I don't even care anymore. I'm just waiting to confirm a certain ending to a certain story arc and then be done with it. You know that they realize that the direction they're going isn't working. You know that they know people hate it. You know they're not going to stop or even change. "I'm just going to keep doing it until I get the results I want. They'll love it or they'll learn to love it."
    For sure. They didn't just lay off 2000 employees and cut back their output 10-15% because their current direction is just really so popular.

Sounds like the opposite of business 101 to me.

Astonishing Member

No, I don't. It was on twitter, but Booth tweets a lot.
    I've used advance search for the words "fail", "failed", "Titans" and "Rebirth", but can't find the Tweet. Did he actually use the word "fail"?