Page 93 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3576
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Williamson sounds optimistic, if nothing else...

I think he basically wrote Barry as Wally in Flash's appearance in his Superman run (and even made a joke about it thanks to a coloring error), so I wouldn't rule it out.

Then again, if Snyder prefers Wally and couldn't do anything with him (since you would think he would've wanted DCAU Flash instead of Barry on his League roster), I'm not sure if even Bendis has the kind of pull to help Wally.
    I don't think you're wrong. This would be my hope, though - plus, it's more realistic (relatively) than most other possibilities.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

There are 2 possibilities here, the way I see it:

One is a sinergy focused, cross-media Wally West ressurgence. There are clues pointing in it's direction: the casting of that guy that really looks like and loves Wally in Stargirl, all the Wally West love in the Young Justice cartoon which is set to return soon, the DClock references, the contrived story in Heroes in Crisis, this interview, the fact that they pretty much set up the DCU to conveniently ignore HiC as the most relevants parts of it are coming out (the positioning of Flash Year One, Batman stuck in some nightmare BS, Dick Grayson with no memories, etc). But the you say, "but Didio", to which i reply "he'd probably love to call us all Wally fans whinny bitches".

The other is that everything will turn worse, and the reason they set up the DCU this wqay right now is because "screw Wally West".

One way or another, even if Wally somehow survives this bs, there is a BIG fat chance that they strip him of his "Flash" status, using some survivors-guilt BS on the line of "I don't deserve it".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

One is a sinergy focused, cross-media Wally West ressurgence. There are clues pointing in it's direction: the casting of that guy that really looks like and loves Wally in Stargirl, all the Wally West love in the Young Justice cartoon which is set to return soon, the DClock references, the contrived story in Heroes in Crisis, this interview, the fact that they pretty much set up the DCU to conveniently ignore HiC as the most relevants parts of it are coming out (the positioning of Flash Year One, Batman stuck in some nightmare BS, Dick Grayson with no memories, etc). But the you say, "but Didio", to which i reply "he'd probably love to call us all Wally fans whinny bitches".

The other is that everything will turn worse, and the reason they set up the DCU this wqay right now is because "screw Wally West".

One way or another, even if Wally somehow survives this bs, there is a BIG fat chance that they strip him of his "Flash" status, using some survivors-guilt BS on the line of "I don't deserve it".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The last part is what I see happening.Wally will be stripped of his status and sent on some kind of self exile. But I think that's as far ahead as they are planning for his character.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Definitely Not 1.

I've heard this false hope over and over again every time Wally takes another hit.

Wally is not remembered by anyone or Linda. They're setting it up for his grand return?

Nope. Now Wally has a heart problem. They're setting him up for new powers?

Nope. Now the Titans have broken up by the League like a bunch of bitches. Setting Wally up for inclusion in the Flash book?

Nope. Now his memories are flooding in and driving him crazy. So that he finally reclaims his old life?

Nope. Now he remembers his erased kids and enters a Flash War to get them back. So that he can move on with his life?

Nope. Now he's even more depressed and on the verge so is sent to bulllshit sanctuary. To NOW finally move on with his life and stop being a sad sack?

Nope. Now Wallys gone crazy and become a murderer.

So now you ask in order to come back in a grand re emergence?

What do you think the answer to that is now?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Definitely Not 1.

I've heard this false hope over and over again every time Wally takes another hit.
    Not from me. Everything I ever said about any of the above were that they were crap.

Now, I'm not saying that "this time it's different", but I will say tat, this time, the elements for it to be are all there.

If it'll have a payoff or not is another matter.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally and Jay experimenting. Cool to see an aspect of Jay rarely seen.

RCO044_1466828770.jpg

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

I feel like Wally's resolution was supposed to come way sooner but with the Doomsday Clock delays his own character arc was prolonged. we really have no clue what DC is planning to do with Wally, none at all, we just know their poor track record. if Doomsday Clock is still setting out to do what we all believed back when Rebirth started, then I'm still holding out hope for Wally. Because I've really taken time to think about it and from what I've seen, since Rebirth, DC has just been "delaying" natural progression for the character, most likely to wait out Doomsday Clock or something else. As a long-time Wally fan the only thing that really disturbed me up to this point was HiC#8, and that whole series seems mad wishy washy in terms of what is real and what isn't. People will only say that DC is screwing Wally because of their track record with him but in my heart I think DC is staying true to their original intentions when Wally first hopped out in Rebirth#1

Astonishing Member

Wally is very likely to not make a present day appearance in Doomsday Clock. He's a footnote for the impetus of the story. It's a Superman story. DC was done with him after DCUniverse Rebirth. 4 issues left and he hasn't made an appearance, he's not a major player.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wally is very likely to not make a present day appearance in Doomsday Clock. He's a footnote for the impetus of the story. It's a Superman story. DC was done with him after DCUniverse Rebirth. 4 issues left and he hasn't made an appearance, he's not a major player.
    I didn't say he was, but I think the conclusion of that series will shine more light on the future for all of DC including Wally, because that book was planned at the launch of Rebirth right after the DCUR#1 came out

I think Johns did have a plan when Rebirth first came out. But that was three years ago and a lot has clearly changed.

Just the fact that Rebirth promised hope and brightness, and did actually deliver in the beginning, and looking around the DCU now that's hard to find shows that things have clearly changed tracks in a major way from the initial plans three years ago.

BANNED

I think Johns did have a plan when Rebirth first came out. But that was three years ago and a lot has clearly changed.

Just the fact that Rebirth promised hope and brightness, and did actually deliver in the beginning, and looking around the DCU now that's hard to find shows that things have clearly changed tracks in a major way from the initial plans three years ago.
    Or we're just in a major lull waiting for all these events to close up.... That's how I see it. different strokes

RCO044_1466828770.jpg
    Love seeing the chemist/scientist side of Jay. It is a side we rarely get to see. Thanks for posting!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

RCO044_1466828770.jpg
    What's this from?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    What's this from?
    Flash: Iron Heights

RCO044_1466828770.jpg
    I think this is the only time in the Johns run where Wally had the white eyes.