Page 95 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3576
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Eobard hasnt been properly used in almost 2 Years since Iris killed him (again) aside from his Brief Cameo when they reintroduced Zoom to fill in what happened with the setup from Flash: Rebirth in 2009
    Has it really been that long? Wow.

Maybe it's just that up until then they used him so much, especially trying to hammer in Barry's new dead mom origin, that I got sick of him.

I did really like the single issue of Johns in Barry's Brightest day series where he goes over his origin. He comes off very scary there.

I think Williamson also did a obsessed idol turns psycho version that wasn't bad in the Rebirth series as well.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Also love the avatar buddy. .
    Thanks! A tribute to the best live action Flash actor. If you ever get the chance to meet him at a con he is super friendly and will spend several minutes chatting with you.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Thanks! A tribute to the best live action Flash actor. If you ever get the chance to meet him at a con he is super friendly and will spend several minutes chatting with you.
    A great Barry Allen and a perfect Jay Garrick. I wish they would give him his own spin off show. I don't watch the Flash show anymore but I would definitely watch that.

You got to meet him? That's awesome. Did you get anything signed by him?

He actually was in my area at a con a few years back but I wasn't able to go.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Well here’s a surprising turn of events...https://www.newsarama.com/45103-hero...ck-reveal.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Well here’s a surprising turn of events...https://www.newsarama.com/45103-hero...ck-reveal.html
    Just speculation. Most probably for a totally unrelated reason and just a coincidence.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Astonishing Member

It would be funny if Wally's actions in HiC are also in part because of Manhattan. Wally's very own Space Bug.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Just speculation. Most probably for a totally unrelated reason and just a coincidence.

I wouldn't read too much into it.
    I wouldn't hold out hope but I have wondered if the delays to Doomsday Clock might have something to do with Heroes in Crisis and changes to the DCU that Johns didn't plan around initially. Most probably it's a coincidence but there is a sliver of hope that this particular delay might mean something. Though maybe I'm just in denial that someone whose work has always impressed me could write something, not just as awful, but as inept as HiC #8 and am clutching at any straws that come our way that might at least hint towards there being a last issue twist.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

It'll be interesting to get more insight into what's been going on at DC amidst Johns/Didio, Rebirth/HiC/Doomsday Clock etc., but I'm not sure if we'll ever know more beyond speculation until several years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be interesting to get more insight into what's been going on at DC amidst Johns/Didio, Rebirth/HiC/Doomsday Clock etc., but I'm not sure if we'll ever know more beyond speculation until several years from now.
    Can't wait for the story of the behind the scenes of this era of DC.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

But then there was no excuse for not having it lol. I really liked the white eyes. Looks really cool and it's one of the major diffrentiating features that separated Wally from Barry in the Flash suit.

Really didn't like when Johns took over that he got rid of it permenantley.
    The white eyed costume went away during Grant Morrison's run, years earlier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    isn't this what I was just saying yesterday. yall will see

A great Barry Allen and a perfect Jay Garrick. I wish they would give him his own spin off show. I don't watch the Flash show anymore but I would definitely watch that.

You got to meet him? That's awesome. Did you get anything signed by him?

He actually was in my area at a con a few years back but I wasn't able to go.
    Sure did!
    B7111240-FE74-4BF2-B750-B6DC15C59427.jpg
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It would be funny if Wally's actions in HiC are also in part because of Manhattan. Wally's very own Space Bug.
    I can definitely Johns retconning blue lightning that killed everyone as really being from Doctor Manhatten. That kind of twist would make sense on more than one level. But here's the thing, Wally killing Roy, Lagoon Boy and the other's in a horrible accident isn't the problem. Retconning that isn't going to clear Wally's character. It's how he tampered with the crime scene that made him so despicable in this story.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I can definitely Johns retconning blue lightning that killed everyone as really being from Doctor Manhatten. That kind of twist would make sense on more than one level. But here's the thing, Wally killing Roy, Lagoon Boy and the other's in a horrible accident isn't the problem. Retconning that isn't going to clear Wally's character. It's how he tampered with the crime scene that made him so despicable in this story.
    Nope. Its how the writers/DC Editorial insisted on writing Wally West wildly out of character by tampering with a crime scene for no good reason so as to attempt to make the character despicable to current and future readers who have as yet not been allowed to see how great Wally is/was unless they also shell out for old story reprints.

In other words: I don't fault Wally West for any of this 'modern' DCU crap DCU has been trying to sell us. The character has been made a victim of a vendetta against Legacy characters.

At least that is what past events of the last decade or more (since a certain someone came into power and got situated in his seat) have led me to believe.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Nope. Its how the writers/DC Editorial insisted on writing Wally West wildly out of character by tampering with a crime scene for no good reason so as to attempt to make the character despicable to current and future readers who have as yet not been allowed to see how great Wally is/was unless they also shell out for old story reprints.

In other words: I don't fault Wally West for any of this 'modern' DCU crap DCU has been trying to sell us. The character has been made a victim of a vendetta against Legacy characters.

At least that is what past events of the last decade or more (since a certain someone came into power and got situated in his seat) have led me to believe.
    No disagreement here. Tom King’s Wally West is a broken shell of the character I consider myself a fan of.