Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    It's a miniseries. Those usually don't do as well. And yes, the book is outselling most of DC's ongoings. It's a midlist title.

I think they're just going to segue into whatever event Wally is part of, and Flash Forward is just a stopgap meant to fix the character, that's it. And I suspect this team got the book because they did that fun Flash/Speed Buggy crossover that people liked.

It's Hanlon's Razor, folks.
    DC’s ongoing are doing rather poor. Doing better then ongoings that debuted under 50k isn’t saying much, as it usually isn’t good for an ongoing to debut under 50k. The team got the book cause they are fast and connected. It’s same reason Lobdell keeps landing projects, and is even able to influence characters long term like Ric, despite being a bottom of the charts creator with a history of harassment. But they know how his work performs. At this point they aren’t putting guys like Lobdell and Booth on projects they are serious about. If they are, then DC has real management problems.

Like I said before, FF is just an attempt at appeasement. A way for them to say hey look we’re doing something with Wally after HIC, but with little risk of then having to do anything more substantial. As Wally is still not a character those at DC are actually interested in investing in. And now they get to say well he didn’t sell enough.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-11-2019 at 10:19 AM.