Page 86 of 239 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3576
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    A somewhat nice tribute to Wally West here on this site:

https://www.cbr.com/heroes-in-crisis...rhero-concept/
    I'm going to repost this for this page. Nice read and good comparison to what happened with Hal.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    They had to make it quick before Doomsday Clock could get finished, and no one is faster than Wally.
    They could just wait for the Titans to die of old age, then.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    They could just wait for the Titans to die of old age, then.
    The readership too.

I really do feel like a lot of these delays and stretched out time periods for stories are being used as a way to forget about characters or promote others. At this point it feels very deliberate.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The readership too.

I really do feel like a lot of these delays and stretched out time periods for stories are being used as a way to forget about characters or promote others. At this point it feels very deliberate.
    Successful mass murder of your enemies (fans who do not groupthink like you, Dan?) requires lots of advanced planning?

Anyway, I'm ready for Doctor Manhatten (or however it is spelled; don't care anymore) to declare the DCU a mess, shut it down and turn off the lights then go tend his Martian garden. That's what I'm doing a lot more of now rather than reading non-Wally comics... there are a lot of interesting plants out there! (Plus a demanding cat.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

The readership too.

Either that or their actually is some editorial conflict between the two different sects of DC (Johns' side vs. Didio's side).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Either that or their actually is some editorial conflict between the two different sects of DC (Johns' side vs. Didio's side).
    Maybe that DC Civil War idea is going on just not in story.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Maybe that DC Civil War idea is going on just not in story.
    It would be interesting to see who would pick which side...

While most of the Inner Circle (Snyder and King) may choose Didio, I have a strong suspicion that Lee would choose Johns.
    And I think Bendis would stay neutral, considering he just got initiated into the Circle.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

So who else thinks this story will used to strip Wally of the Flash identity forever? "Because of this, you're not worthy to call yourself a Flash ever again!" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    It would be interesting to see who would pick which side...

While most of the Inner Circle (Snyder and King) may choose Didio, I have a strong suspicion that Lee would choose Johns.
    And I think Bendis would stay neutral, considering he just got initiated into the Circle.
    This sounds better than civil war 2

Do you guys think King has the range to actually pull a twist off the twist? As a "gotcha"?

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    So who else thinks this story will used to strip Wally of the Flash identity forever? "Because of this, you're not worthy to call yourself a Flash ever again!" or something like that.
    I could see that but instead of DC or the other heroes saying Wally can never be Flash again. They'll probably have Wally blame himself and vow never to use the name.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    This sounds better than civil war 2

Do you guys think King has the range to actually pull a twist off the twist? As a "gotcha"?
    Nope! Not at all!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I didn't find it funny, but...
    It did lead me to the thumbnail on the right of FAN MAN who had a good take on all of this catastrophe of HIC and also revealed to me about Jon and Ultramon/Superman. OMG. I didn't know that having already given up on new Superman stuff. Cemented even the edges of my leaving.

Also am going to adopt his nickname for Dan Didio[t].

Oh, and 'Year of the Villain' coming out by Bendis, King, Snyder? Why am I not surprised seeing as they don't seem to have much love for heroes.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I’m sorry if you didn’t find it funny at all. I have to admit, I’m trying really hard to not being too depressed by this situation.

Back to Wally West, I’m currently reading JLA : Scary Monsters. It’s really entertaining and I love the relationship between Wally and Kyle. It’s nice to see these two leaguers playing nice and having fun together.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Johns side is non-existent right now. He isn't even technically employed by DC anymore. That's why everything he did was demolished. Typical Didio power play; go back 13 or 14 years, same thing happened to Waid,
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!