Page 74 of 239 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    spoilers:
    Didn't Flash War make it so Speedsters couldn't time travel anymore? And it finished with Wally going to Sanctuary just because of it. Did something happen between then and now so Wally can time travel again? Or maybe this is the biggest clue that this is not the real Wally. Or maybe is just a very very big plot hole.
    end of spoilers
    Flash War broke all of time travel. It's why Commander Cold is stuck in this timeline. King just ignores that.

Spectacular Member

i just want to say,sorry and condolence to you wally fans he had a good run from 1959-2011.

Astonishing Member

I guess you all get what I mean now by mundane exposition. Wally just lists off a bunch of awful **** he does that is absolutely fucking insane. He's no better than any Batman villain at this point.

Leave it to Ex-CIA to think that mutilating bodies to cover up mass killings is a totally fine course of action.

Extraordinary Member

Being Wally West is suffering

Yeah I don't see how there's any fixing this. I honestly wish Wally was never brought back. Him being ignored is better than him being destroyed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Yeah I don't see how there's any fixing this. I honestly wish Wally was never brought back. Him being ignored is better than him being destroyed.
    He was fine until priest made him depressed. Then Williamson brought him back to life and then Williamson I guess was forced to lay the groundwork for this book

All-New Member

Me in this moment...

download.jpg

Damn and I thought Emma in IVX got horrible character assassination. Sorry guys.

To all of the Wally West fans. You have my condolences.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Quite the contrary actually. The same thing happened to firestorm : http://firestormfan.com/images/doomsdayclock8b.jpg

You can still blame Manhattan for what happened. And you have to forget the people Wally put in danger when he was hiding.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I haven't read it yet but yeesh, this sounds excruciatingly bad. And I say this as a largely unapologetic Tom King fan.

There's still time for this to be a fake out but, yeah, I can't believe a writer as good as King came up with something this inane. Especially as it strikes me as a bit of a tone-deaf representation of mental illness - which is especially mad considering how good he has been at portraying it in the past.

All that said, though, a few things to counteract the negativity. 1) I haven't actually read it so I can't really judge it until I have. 2) I'm not going to stop reading DC because of this because HiC doesn't suddenly stop me from enjoying the Superman titles, Wonder Comics, Green Lantern or the return of Young Animal. Think I'll continue skipping the Flash though. 3) As much as I hate what they've reportedly done with Wally, I do still have something like 200 damn good comics from his run and countless guest appearances elsewhere. Plus, these things come in waves. Every bad thing done to Wally here will be reversed at some point in the future. It's just a matter of when.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

What happened to Wally was downright cruel.

Astonishing Member

Waves? Is that what were calling 15 years now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I guess you all get what I mean now by mundane exposition. Wally just lists off a bunch of awful **** he does that is absolutely fucking insane. He's no better than any Batman villain at this point.

Leave it to Ex-CIA to think that mutilating bodies to cover up mass killings is a totally fine course of action.
    LOL!! Right??!!! This "Wally" and is not the Wally that ANY of us have read, he has been written so far out of character and that abomination in HIC is a completely different character.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Assuming this isn't a fake out, I'm really sorry Wally fans. I was planning on trade waiting this, as I think King's limited series are better read in one go without stewing over it for months... But yeesh, I have a hard time imagining him sticking the landing enough for me to want to actually read it.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.