Page 84 of 239 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    TV Wally actually went to an engineering college, come to think of it .

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I can hope (probably mislead hope) that Dr. Manhattan (remember him?) Will do reversal of all of HIC once they get around to showing him. I mean it's comics.

Besides. They once upon a time got rid of Mopee or whatever that miserable character was for Barry's sake.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    TV Wally actually went to an engineering college, come to think of it .
    Regular Wally was in school for physics. Lots of intelligent, scientifically inclined people are awful with technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Regular Wally was in school for physics. Lots of intelligent, scientifically inclined people are awful with technology.
    Yeah, and I think some scientific background or affinity is kind of a must for being The Flash.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, and I think some scientific background or affinity is kind of a must for being The Flash.
    Honestly, I preferred Johns' take on Wally, who wasn't super science minded. He just had the raw experience and some science knowledge to make the most of his powers/speed force.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, I preferred Johns' take on Wally, who wasn't super science minded. He just had the raw experience and some science knowledge to make the most of his powers/speed force.
    But he still had some kind of affinity for science, otherwise he couldn't effectively use his powers as well as he did.

Ultimate Member

But he still had some kind of affinity for science, otherwise he couldn't effectively use his powers as well as he did.
    Yeah, in terms of practical applications with regards to his powers and not much beyond that. I liked that

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I can hope (probably mislead hope) that Dr. Manhattan (remember him?) Will do reversal of all of HIC once they get around to showing him. I mean it's comics.

Besides. They once upon a time got rid of Mopee or whatever that miserable character was for Barry's sake.
    Hopefully all these delays are Johns planning to fix whatever this mess is.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Hopefully all these delays are Johns planning to fix whatever this mess is.
    I've always been a fan of Johns. Let's hope he can do something with the mess that is DC Comics. That's a huge task.

I think you guys are overestimating the pull & power that Johns has. At one time, sure he had the power to combat some of these problems but he no longer has that position.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member

A somewhat nice tribute to Wally West here on this site:

https://www.cbr.com/heroes-in-crisis...rhero-concept/

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

Wow. That was powerful.

Thank you CBR, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

The thesis of this article loses a lot of credibility for me when it defends Emerald Twilight. This is basically “Heroes in Crisis vilifies Wally West. I like Wally West! This story is an abomination that destroys the concept of superheroes!!!” But it’s ok to pull the same thing on Hal. Because **** Hal and his fans amiright? Look you can like Wally and hate Hal. And therefore be ok with vilifying Hal but not ok with what’s been done with Wally. But don’t claim the integrity of your favorites are more sacred than someone else’s, to the extent that tainting one hero is fairplay while the tainting another betrays the very idea of superhero storytelling. Even when the writer tried to address that hypocrisy, he still seemed to argue that the stuff he’s invested in is more sacred than what other fans are invested in.
    End of the day, as much as I don’t agree with this direction. That’s all it comes down to. It’s ok for fans to not like the current direction of dc comics. God knows I do my fair share of complaining on this site. But after hearing about stuff like writers getting death threats. Look end of the day, these are dc’s characters and they can do whatever they want with them. Tom King just wrote a story, he didn’t betray the concept of superheroes and he didn’t betray the fans.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 04-26-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

You know there is something definitely wrong when Ed Garrett says something negative about DC :

https://speedforce.org/2019/04/heroe...toppable-wasp/

A really good analysis.

Might just be grasping for straws here, but Wally still has his own wing in the Flash Museum in the future so...maybe things work out for him in the end?