Page 199 of 239 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know how I feel about Multiverse Wally. It seems like just a way of writing him out of books again so Barry is the only main Flash and those kind of comics don't tend to do very well unless they're written by Grant Morrison.
    Yes. If I had to peg DC's strategy, it'd be in this order:

1. Wally serves as a multiversal character leading up to another reset.
    2. Depending on reception to above, it continues post-reset on an alternate Earth where Wally is a primary Flash.
    3. When the above falls off, Wally goes away to Earth Limbo
    4. Crisis 2025 Wally comes back.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't the game plan.

I'd be willing to place bets that they're building up Wally before killing him off in the next Crisis, by mimicking the Barry death.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I don't mind if they kill Wally. All I want is to learn that the Dark Multiverse is behind the explosion at Sanctuary and he's innocent. Then, if he has to die to save the DC Universe, fine.

All we need to do is wait for Hickman to save the Titans when his run(s) on the X-Men is/are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I don't mind if they kill Wally. All I want is to learn that the Dark Multiverse is behind the explosion at Sanctuary and he's innocent. Then, if he has to die to save the DC Universe, fine.

All we need to do is wait for Hickman to save the Titans when his run(s) on the X-Men is/are over.
    Flash Forward is likely Wally's "Trial of The Flash", in more ways than one.

Incredible Member

I haven't followed this thread in ages (I was purposefully avoidin FLASH FORWARD spoilers until I had a chance to read it) but now that I have I thought I'd post my opinion (I have no idea if I'm going with the majority but I don't care).

I have to admit I didn't hate this, it had its flaws (like Wally giving up hope which seems so uncharacteristic) but Iliked seeing some of Wally's rogues (like Girder and Murmur) and I did appreciate the pages when Linda went to see Wally at Blackgate, it gives me hope for the future.

I also like the idea of Wally exploring the Multiverse (I always have liked stories which explore the wider Multiverse) and I don't hate Tempus Fugit (or whatever his name is).

The cameo of Earth-23 President Superman on the last page was also welcome and I'm quietly hopefl that, by the end of this mini, Wally will be in a better place.

I went in exppecting very little but was pleasantly surprised by howmuch enjoyment I got out of this issue (I'm not a Lobdell fan but I was eminded how well Wally was written in the FLASH/SPEED BUGGY one-shot to!)

Just a few thoughts, make of them what you will....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    Flash Forward is likely Wally's "Trial of The Flash", in more ways than one.
    You are absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I haven't followed this thread in ages (I was purposefully avoidin FLASH FORWARD spoilers until I had a chance to read it) but now that I have I thought I'd post my opinion (I have no idea if I'm going with the majority but I don't care).

I have to admit I didn't hate this, it had its flaws (like Wally giving up hope which seems so uncharacteristic) but Iliked seeing some of Wally's rogues (like Girder and Murmur) and I did appreciate the pages when Linda went to see Wally at Blackgate, it gives me hope for the future.

I also like the idea of Wally exploring the Multiverse (I always have liked stories which explore the wider Multiverse) and I don't hate Tempus Fugit (or whatever his name is).

The cameo of Earth-23 President Superman on the last page was also welcome and I'm quietly hopefl that, by the end of this mini, Wally will be in a better place.

I went in exppecting very little but was pleasantly surprised by howmuch enjoyment I got out of this issue (I'm not a Lobdell fan but I was eminded how well Wally was written in the FLASH/SPEED BUGGY one-shot to!)

Just a few thoughts, make of them what you will....
    Really nice to see you back here and I’m glad you enjoyed/didn’t hated Flash Forward

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    Yes. If I had to peg DC's strategy, it'd be in this order:

1. Wally serves as a multiversal character leading up to another reset.
    2. Depending on reception to above, it continues post-reset on an alternate Earth where Wally is a primary Flash.
    3. When the above falls off, Wally goes away to Earth Limbo
    4. Crisis 2025 Wally comes back.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't the game plan.
    Agreed, though I don't believe in item 4 if we remain with current editorial.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Fantastic Member

Can one purchase 'Flash Forward' without owning HiC? Have read it, but didn't' care about it, in fact hated the nonsensical story and what it did to Wally. Just my OCD kicking a bit, you know completist. But it's bad, whilst 'Flash Forward' showing promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Can one purchase 'Flash Forward' without owning HiC? Have read it, but didn't' care about it, in fact hated the nonsensical story and what it did to Wally. Just my OCD kicking a bit, you know completist. But it's bad, whilst 'Flash Forward' showing promise.
    Absolutely!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Very much so, I didn't read HIC after issue #2 (I don't feel any the poorer for it either1)

Fantastic Member

Thank you' Jekyll & James, appreciated. By the way' have you read the review blurbs for the 'HiC' trade? Did they read the same story as us? Seriously! Did money/promises change hands?

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I don't like Multiverse, indeed I hate Multiverse.
    Maybe this is the reason i always been a DC guy and I've never been able to approach Marvel. Crisis on Infinite Earth was to bless IMO and happened exactly when I first approached comics.
    Sadly things are reverting and the Dark Multiverse is only the Ultimate aberration in my point of view.

I'm glad reading that most of you are fine with what's happening in Flash Forward but having Wally surfing in the Multiverse, just to keep room for Barry on Earth (because that's the truth), is not what I need.
    So, exactly how I'm doing for Dick, Roy, Donna and other former Titans, I'll keep waiting for better days to come.
    Would be great if Wally could make an appearance in Titans show, but it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Happy Wally is a good Wally .