Page 222 of 239 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 3576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    yep lets just blindly have faith that dc's just gunna magically change their whole attitude towards wally.

im fully expecting wally to get killed off in the crisis event next year.
    I think it's reasonable to assume that Wally will appear in Flash #750 in some capacity, given the solicitation and all the backup stories.

Something to look forward to the week after Flash Forward ends. Relevant to a Wally West appreciation thread.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Did I say that?
    Honestly? I think I was trying to reply to someone else on that last regarding Didio and an interview. (Am suffering from Retail Work sleep deprivation. All Hail The Mighty 4th Quarter Holidayzzzzzzz...zzz...zz *someone put me into a bed by New Years or at least prop me up in the break room....)

Also...before I really do keel over....

Sounds like something Wally West fans would want to buy, and only one week after Flash Forward #6
    No. I save my Paper Presidents for full season story arc trades. Prefer those to 'greatest hits' books. Still waiting for the next Waid reprint and the start of Messner-Loeb's Flash work.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

I would have thought that Wally West fans would be excited about the backup stories celebrating Flash history, if not the lead story with the Flash Family. But no, everything is going to be **** forever.
    It's called pattern recognition.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It's called pattern recognition.
    When has a big nostalgic anniversary anthology issue ever gone out of its way to ruin or damage a character?

I'm sure the lead story will put its heroes in peril, it being Part 1 of a big event. But the backups celebrating 80 years? Did Action Comics #1000 or Detective Comics #1000 take this approach?

When has a big nostalgic anniversary anthology issue ever gone out of its way to ruin or damage a character?
    Avengers #200.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Avengers #200.
    Avengers #200 wasn't a nostalgic anniversary anthology issue. I don't think Avengers #200 will have any influence on the contents of Flash #750.

I think it's reasonable to assume that Wally will appear in Flash #750 in some capacity, given the solicitation and all the backup stories.

Something to look forward to the week after Flash Forward ends. Relevant to a Wally West appreciation thread.
    You are making too much of a big deal out of filler stories. He will probably only get one story for the issue (if we are lucky) and it will be about something random. That doesn’t suddenly make the future bright. Flash Age will ruin him and he will die or retire in Crisis, which are the actual stories.

Of course you are free to look forward to but there is a reason why the rest aren’t excited.

Astonishing Member

I think it’s weird the thread has shifted from being angry about the lack of Flash Family (despite 7 Flash Family characters in DC comics this month) to being angry that we are getting a Flash Family story arc (and backup stories) immediately following Flash Forward.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Regarding Flash Age and Flash #750, I’m on Lee’s side.

I think (since Flash War) that DC opened the pandora box when they brought back the twins. I get we’re talking about fictional characters but I don’t see DC publishing a story which has been about hope from the very beginning, suddenly becoming the tale of a father who let his children die. I might be wrong but it would be a weird move and it could definitely tarnish the Flash’s anniversary event. So even if Wally has to retire or sacrifice himself, I don’t see the West family going anywhere and I hope Flash Age will find a way to include the West in 5G.

Also, on the bright side, I see this year of Flash celebrations another reason to retcon HiC. They can’t market the Flash Family if they have a human bomb running wild.

Last but not least, since Geoff Johns is back on the flash for issue #750, I really hope he has one last gif for Wally and his fanbase. DCUR, DDC and Shazam have been his best book since the beginning of the new 52 so, at worst, we will just have a fantastic story written by a wonderful writer.

Fingers crossed guys, this mess can’t stick forever.

Astonishing Member

Also, Joshua Williamson has always done right by Wally, always written him with dignity. If Wally appears in The Flash Age then I’m optimistic.

They really need to retcon his actions in Heroes in Crisis sooner rather than later though.

I think it’s weird the thread has shifted from being angry about the lack of Flash Family (despite 7 Flash Family characters in DC comics this month) to being angry that we are getting a Flash Family story arc (and backup stories) immediately following Flash Forward.
    I keep seeing you say this. Jay Garrick is my favorite Flash. You want to know how he was used this month? He appeared in one panel of the Justice League story going on right now. So excuse us if we are tired of how our favorite characters have been treated since Barry's return.

As far as the plans for an upcoming Justice Society comic...........I'll wait and see. It's hard to get excited or trust anything coming from DC these days under the current leadership and creative talent.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I think you are confusing it altogether and misunderstanding why people are upset with the current status.

• Independent heroes could be active but there is barely a "family" to speak. Let me open up a bit: Avery and Wallace are sidekicks but they mostly bicker with Barry. Jay only exists in hypertime and doesn't know Barry. Wally is lost in multiverse, kids are stuck in multiverse. Bart is jumping from earth to earth each month. Jess is gone. If we call it a "family" then we had a family in New 52 too; we had Bar Torr in TT who hated Barry and had no connection to him, we had a random Jay on Earth-2, Danica Williams in Beyond books. That didn't make a family and it doesn't make one now.
    • I don't say anything about back-ups. They are mostly going to be about Barry again but I will be ok with one story thrown to me. However Williamson HAS SAID that Flash Age is about making Barry the fastest man alive again so it's gonna be another glorified "Barry rocks, everyone else sucks" symphony. It's gonna be about family as much as Flash: Rebirth was back in 2009. You may think we're pessimistic but hey! It's been TEN YEARS, Didio won't change overnight.

I don't care about the kids --I hate them even-- I just want this whole plot to be done with. Everyone remembers each other, timeline is fixed, MOVE ON! They are not committing to fixing Flashfam, they are just playing with us at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

Last but not least, since Geoff Johns is back on the flash for issue #750, I really hope he has one last gif for Wally and his fanbase. DCUR, DDC and Shazam have been his best book since the beginning of the new 52 so, at worst, we will just have a fantastic story written by a wonderful writer.
    Let's be honest; he's probably going to write about Rogues.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Let's be honest; he's probably going to write about Rogues.

I don’t see it happening right after Rogues Reign but it is definitely a possibility. And Geoff Johns has a giant Captain Cold on his door in DC’s office. So yeah, you might be right.

Still, I hope he will pick up Wally as well.

Astonishing Member

I'm sure the lead story will put its heroes in peril, it being Part 1 of a big event. But the backups celebrating 80 years? Did Action Comics #1000 or Detective Comics #1000 take this approach?
    The last time they did a Flash anniversary comic. 75 years of The Flash. It was just a Barry Allen tribute with lip service otherwise. I think you're trying to convince us that lip service is the same as respect.

What DC wants, and what the people in charge have always wanted, is Barry Allen as The Flash with black Wally as the sidekick. The people who made that original direction and stuck with it despite the lowest sales in Flash history are still in charge.

You can believe in some real status quo change but the best we're likely to ever get is that + anyone else in mismanaged Titans team books. Maybe Jay will get a good shake in JSA.