Page 44 of 239 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm down to:

Aquaman - which is on the cusp of being dropped too
    Flash
    Green Lantern
    Young Justice
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I'm down to Green Lantern. That's it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'm really enjoying what Marvel is doing currently and I love my Marvel pull list.

DC wise:
    Shazam! Which has been excellent and I am thankful at least one of my favorite DC characters has a fun book.
    Young Justice and I'm on the verge of calling it quits. I'm really only reading it for Bart and issue two did not interest me at all.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm down to Green Lantern. That's it.
    Oh yes, that too. Forgot to include it.

Overall Pull

Marvel:

-Amazing Spider-Man Newspaper Strip
    -Amazing Spider-Man
    -Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Boom

-Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
    -Go Go Power Rangers
    -Buffy the Vampire Slayer

IDW

-Sonic The Hedgehog

DC
    -Young Justice
    -Action Comics
    -Superman
    -Green Lantern
    -Shazam

I decided to stop collecting Doomsday Clock and will pick it up if it ends on a satisfactory note.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-28-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You know, if Wally just semi-retired to rebuild his life with Linda and only came back for some guest arc or mini, I would have been fine with that. He earned a break.

Every month now is just agony. I don't understand how DC (read: Didio) could boldfaced disrespect their readers of twenty years (longer as Kid Flash) with this wreck.

That Tom King's going on Twitter to defend it every month should say enough that it's striking the wrong chord. Yes, reader apathy sucks and drastic changes can revitalize an IP, but this kind of character assassination leads to turn-and-burn of your established base and the expedited rate of character derailment and death in modern comics only shortens the reader half life.

Didio complaining about apathy after **** like this is hilarious considering it's **** like this that leads to it.

I know I don't post here much anymore, but it's because it outright sucks to be a Wally fan now and without him or Jay, I just don't much care for the Scarlet Speedster at the moment. Even with his personality and power upgrades grafted onto Barry, Wally's use in HiC has made the entire IP toxic to this longtime fan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You know, if Wally just semi-retired to rebuild his life with Linda and only came back for some guest arc or mini, I would have been fine with that. He earned a break.

Every month now is just agony. I don't understand how DC (read: Didio) could boldfaced disrespect their readers of twenty years (longer as Kid Flash) with this wreck.

That Tom King's going on Twitter to defend it every month should say enough that it's striking the wrong chord. Yes, reader apathy sucks and drastic changes can revitalize an IP, but this kind of character assassination leads to turn-and-burn of your established base and the expedited rate of character derailment and death in modern comics only shortens the reader half life.

Didio complaining about apathy after **** like this is hilarious considering it's **** like this that leads to it.

I know I don't post here much anymore, but it's because it outright sucks to be a Wally fan now and without him or Jay, I just don't much care for the Scarlet Speedster at the moment. Even with his personality and power upgrades grafted onto Barry, Wally's use in HiC has made the entire IP toxic to this longtime fan.
    Yeah, this.

Mark Waid and Johns made me a Wally fan, so it's (figuratively) painful to see everything that Wally developed, explored and built on just handed to Barry, to frankly, underwhelming effect.

Wally's everyman character mastering the speed force is him punching up, showing how he's grown and experienced he is. Barry's science character mastering it, is frankly expected. If a character in comics knows some science, they generally know all of them.

More than that, what really gets me is how everything was just tossed aside. Flash Fact, Wally earned his stripes in a declining comic book market. Barry Allen lost his book in an era in which comics sold far more then they do now.

Lets be honest, all comic book characters are 'Its' to us, unless they are in the hands of good writers. They are not actors depicting a character or animated pictures. Just 2D, still figures with no real tone of voice or inflection. Getting people to care about them is hard.

And it gets a hell of a lot harder if everything get tossed aside, 20 years of history, for a character that already had a good ending

Amazing Member

Here's to you, Wally West

Rest forever here in our hearts

The last and final moment is yours

Your agony is for King's triumph

All-New Member

I know it´s likely that the film universe don't care you, but...

I heard the rumor that Ezra Miller claimed that the movie The Flash will create a multiverse and that all DC speedesters will appear (now that I think about it, that sounds like "Spiderman into the spiderverse"), I don't know how true it is, a youtuber that is dedicated to giving news of the POP culture in my country said this information, but if so, I think that they can't leave Wally West out of it anyway. What do you think? Makes sense? Did you hear anything about that? The truth is that I do not trust much in the news that arrive to my country ...

Greetings

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Yep, Ezra talked about a « Speedster Multiverse » but no doubt they will use the Wallace West New 52 incarnation.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yep.
    If anyone had lingering doubts about DC being intent on destroying the Titans franchise, read this steaming pile of **** and try to remind yourself that things WILL change. Eventually.
    The thing is that Titans is one of their biggest franchises now with a (fairly?) successful ongoing TV show that may be different from the comics but features most of the same cast of characters. So, either there's a big twist coming up that will restore the Titans to their former glory or they really just don't know what the hell they're doing.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    The thing is that Titans is one of their biggest franchises now with a (fairly?) successful ongoing TV show that may be different from the comics but features most of the same cast of characters. So, either there's a big twist coming up that will restore the Titans to their former glory or they really just don't know what the hell they're doing.
    Based on how DC has handled the Titans,I'm convinced that they have no idea what they're doing with the franchise.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Folks! Why are you reading crap that depresses you? Just stop! Don’t support this garbage and find fun things to read that you enjoy!

There is plenty of competition from multiple companies. I am having a blast with my current pull list and it is a wonderful feeling not to be bothered by the current slate of DC slop.
    I think folks were hoping for change or see something out till the end in the case of HIC. Which is fine but you get to a point of it's time to go.
    My DC days ended with Michael Cray series ending and Duke's trade.

I just got to a point of seeing how many characters get trashed around here-it's not worth my time to even bother with Naomi and others. I just don't want to invest in her or Duke and see them suffer the same fates as Titans.
    This mess is being done to guys who WON over fans.
    This mess is being done to guys that I have seen KIDS WANT to read about. And yes the main names I hear are either Wally or Static or Nightwing.

The indys are getting way more of my money that DC has in the last 7 years.
    Wrong Earth, Shadowman, Cellies (yes a book about Sprint employees), Noble, Quincrible, Prodigy, Freeze, Farmhands, Fence (a book about LGBTQ fence team) and some more I am discovering after they came out.

If DC is not careful everyone else is going to pass them by.

Incredible Member

It does make you wonder where the higher ups heads are. The Titans as a franchise is easily DC's third thing after Batman and the Justice League.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

So, either there's a big twist coming up that will restore the Titans to their former glory or they really just don't know what the hell they're doing.
    Oh, they know.

They made the same mistake countless times now, and they're going to keep doing it until is no longer a mistake.

Accept the Boss vision or go away!

In other news, is year of the villain again! ¬¬
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I posted a 1pg snippet on reddit. It honestly summed up everything about Wally this issue.

Oh! And one more thing spoilers:
    you get to see Booster kill Wally in front of Harley. Blasted a hole right though his chest.
    end of spoilers
    While I don't want to drag an "Appreciation" thread to far off of track, there was a detail in that scene that points to that it is suspect.