Page 207 of 239 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3576
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Loved the Dick/Wally team-ups.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy/statu...09853771124738

Brett Booth says the sales of Flash Forward failed to meet to ongoing criteria.

Ah well. Maybe he will leave Wally alone now. I didn't buy the book because of him and Lobdell, I was waiting for the trade. News about the kids didn't help the matters. Turns out I wasn't alone.

Besides that the book didn't have any marketing whatsoever, what were they expecting?

I’m not sure what to say. I personally feel they knew what they were doing when they put Lobdell and Booth on it. Giving fans something of an appeasement, but at the same time putting creators on it they have to know don’t move. So that way they won’t have to really run with it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-10-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Yeah, I was also waiting for the trade based on 1. I like trades over floppies and 2. The recent and not-so-recent past has made me extremely wary of DC when it comes to ginger Wally. I don't want to get burned like I would have gotten burned by Flash War and HIC. (Granted, mostly would have been burned by FW because it tied directly to HIC. I was actually about to buy the trade of FW when HIC showed itself to be heading for a major trainwreck.)

If they did Wally decent let alone proud I would have bought the trade. Two issues in is certainly not enough to assure me they aren't going to do a Didlio at the last.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

A book by Lobdell and Booth didn't sell gangbusters in 2019? I'm shocked, shocked, I tells ya.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Spectacular Member

the first casualty of next years crisis?

Mighty Member

Yeah, it's selling better than a lot of DC ongoings. So my feeling is that it's more that DC doesn't want to than DC can't.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

It's selling better on issues #1 and #2, which usually have inflated sales.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It's selling better on issues #1 and #2, which usually have inflated sales.
    True, but it's still sold better than many (non-Batman) first issues we've seen in recent years, and most likely it will level off higher than a number of ongoings.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Booth also said that the book sold decently for a mini (46-50K) but 80K would be what would make them consider an ongoing with these creators. He also added that DC editorial is short staffed and already juggling more books than they can handle, with the end of the year being bad for new projects. And honestly? DC is publishing fewer books and those they do publish tend to center on the same handful of characters. It's not that DC has it out for certain characters, it's just that they are all about 3-4 characters right now (Joker, Harley, Batman, maybe Superman). Flash and related characters haven't been a priority for years. (Don't discount AT&T demands either.) Wally will be in an event anyway next year. We already know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    True, but it's still sold better than many (non-Batman) first issues we've seen in recent years, and most likely it will level off higher than a number of ongoings.
    A #1 from the big 2 not even cracking 50k usually isn’t a good sign. Though they are not putting creators like Lobdell and Booth on projects they care much about selling.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-10-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy/statu...09853771124738

Brett Booth says the sales of Flash Forward failed to meet to ongoing criteria.

Ah well. Maybe he will leave Wally alone now. I didn't buy the book because of him and Lobdell, I was waiting for the trade. News about the kids didn't help the matters. Turns out I wasn't alone.

Besides that the book didn't have any marketing whatsoever, what were they expecting?
    It's almost like DC doesn't want to publish a Wally West-centric Flash book.....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    A #1 from the big 2 not even cracking 50k usually isn’t a good sign. Though they are not putting creators like Lobdell and Booth on projects they care much about selling.
    It's a miniseries. Those usually don't do as well. And yes, the book is outselling most of DC's ongoings. It's a midlist title.

I think they're just going to segue into whatever event Wally is part of, and Flash Forward is just a stopgap meant to fix the character, that's it. And I suspect this team got the book because they did that fun Flash/Speed Buggy crossover that people liked.

It's Hanlon's Razor, folks.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 11-11-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

As much as I would love a Wally solo it's just too far of a stretch in context of the last few years where they have been messing with Wally at every turn.

At this point I'm just glad that Flash Forward is actually good and is not continuing to dump on Wally (Although the series isn't over yet). I'll be happy if this series ends with being a good Wally mini. From there I'll hope for mid to regular appearances of Wally. Not ruining him obviousy.

Maybe one day it will be realistic to hope for a Wally solo but in this DC regime I think that's too much to hope for and what we are getting now with FF is decent enough.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

At this point I just hope they give him a good death and keep his Flash era in continuity.

The bar has dropped so much since Flash Rebirth 2009, hasn't it?