Page 116 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3576
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I was reading No Justice #2 yesterday and realized that I read the Barry Flash as Wally.
    He looks so young and lanky, I just don't think of Barry.
    Probably doesn't help that writers like Snyder and even Bendis basically write Barry like he's Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Probably doesn't help that writers like Snyder and even Bendis basically write Barry like he's Wally.
    True.
    And I started reading comics about five years before Crisis, so Wally was Flash much more than Barry for me.
    Barry was like the Dan Garrett Blue Beetle to me, except that I actually did get to read some of his exploits.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Wally fans: I have the Spoilers You’ve been looking for: If Into The Spoiler Text You Go... Only Pain You will find
    spoilers:
    The short version is everyone hugs it out and Wally is locked up in a justice league prison, so he lives which is the only good news
    end of spoilers
    This is... unsatisfactory.

spoilers:
    I'd rather they kill this Wally off and we later found a new one who hadn't mutilated some corpses.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Wally fans: I have the Spoilers You’ve been looking for: If Into The Spoiler Text You Go... Only Pain You will find
    spoilers:
    The short version is everyone hugs it out and Wally is locked up in a justice league prison, so he lives which is the only good news
    end of spoilers
    Well, that's just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I was reading No Justice #2 yesterday and realized that I read the Barry Flash as Wally.
    He looks so young and lanky, I just don't think of Barry.
    There's a simple reason for this. When they brought Barry back, instead of treating him like a man out of time with a personality very distinct from most other superheroes out there except for maybe Superman (though he is still much geekier than Clark), they just shoved him back into the role of the DCU's main Flash and figured that in order for that to work, he can't be, say, the way Waid portrayed him in JLA: Year One because that's not "cool" enough. So, effectively, they retconned nonsense about Barry generating the speed force, killed his mother and gave him a watered down Wally-West-esque personality. I'm all for having Barry Allen around but if they're just going to write him as a much less interesting Wally West, what's the point?

Also, as others have noted, most of this newest generation of comic writers grew up with Wally as their Flash so that's what they default to.
    Last edited by Ilan Preskovsky; 05-28-2019 at 07:53 PM.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Well, that's just awful.

There's a simple reason for this. When they brought Barry back, instead of treating him like a man out of time with a personality very distinct from most other superheroes out there except for maybe Superman (though he is still much geekier than Clark), they just shoved him back into the role of the DCU's main Flash and figured that in order for that to work, he can't be, say, the way Waid portrayed him in JLA: Year One because that's not "cool" enough. So, effectively, they retconned nonsense about Barry generating the speed force, killed his mother and gave him a watered down Wally-West-esque personality. I'm all for having Barry Allen around but if they're just going to write him as a much less interesting Wally West, what's the point?

Also, as others have noted, most of this newest generation of comic writers grew up with Wally as their Flash so that's what they default to.
    They really should've had Barry almost be like Captain America but put to even more extremes. Have him always dress in suits with bowties, talk like he's on the way to the sock hop with his best gal, that kinda thing. It would be pretty distinct and he could be almost a living embodiment of a super-hero in a world of superheroes if you get what I mean.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    They really should've had Barry almost be like Captain America but put to even more extremes. Have him always dress in suits with bowties, talk like he's on the way to the sock hop with his best gal, that kinda thing. It would be pretty distinct and he could be almost a living embodiment of a super-hero in a world of superheroes if you get what I mean.
    Something that extreme was never going to happen but I'm actually totally with you on this. So much story potential and it allows both Barry and Wally (and the rest of the Flash family) to be viable characters.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member

I read the spoilers and i thought I wouldnt get angry anymore, but guess what IM STILLL ANGRY.

And I thought only Lobdell needed script writer help.

spoilers:
    https://imgur.com/a/JiLsv4E
    end of spoilers

Lemme know if the link works or not

Astonishing Member

Absolute, concentrated tripe. That most hackneyed attempt at saying something profound and saying nothing of the sort.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I read the spoilers and i thought I wouldnt get angry anymore, but guess what IM STILLL ANGRY.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Ya that's bad.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

What a garbage ending. King completely misses the problems people had with this story and writes some nonsense trying to make it sound meaningful, but it all completely misses the point.

Incredible Member

Couldn't let that be your last look at Wally so here you go ...... snippet from Doomsday Clock 10

spoilers:
    https://imgur.com/a/gqZhvW5
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Think of the second dumbest ending and pretty much what you get. spoilers:
    Him ending in suicide squad would have been dumber
    end of spoilers Thankfully there are still ways to retcon this out of existence. This series and flash war isn't good for anything but to rip into pieces.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Think of the second dumbest ending and pretty much what you get. spoilers:
    Him ending in suicide squad would have been dumber
    end of spoilers Thankfully there are still ways to retcon this out of existence. This series and flash war isn't good for anything but to rip into pieces.
    Flash War was only good for Bart but its useless long term since Bendis was already going to find some way to bring him back anyways,

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Couldn't let that be your last look at Wally so here you go ...... snippet from Doomsday Clock 10

spoilers:
    https://imgur.com/a/gqZhvW5
    end of spoilers
    So, this is what DC has turned into. Shitty comics, and slightly less shitty comics about why their comics are ****.

Classy.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!