Page 119 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Considering Johns was one of the ones who set Wally on this path I wouldn't be so sure. Hope you're right though.
    I sincerely hope this wasn't what Johns had in mind for Wally when he brought him back

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I sincerely hope this wasn't what Johns had in mind for Wally when he brought him back

What I mean is that after bringing back Barry Allen it was very likely for something like this to happen to Wally West. When Barry came back Wally West became the expendable Flash in the eyes of Dan Didio.

I blame Geoff and Ethan for Heroes in Crisis more than I do Tom King. He doesn't know better. Guy clearly doesn't know who Wally is. Hell, he admitted this story wasn't even written for him. He had a plot and made Wally fit into it.

BANNED

I blame Geoff and Ethan for Heroes in Crisis more than I do Tom King. He doesn't know better. Guy clearly doesn't know who Wally is. Hell, he admitted this story wasn't even written for him. He had a plot and made Wally fit into it.
    They probably blame Marv Wolfman for killing Barry Allen off and having Wally West take his place.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Anyone else hate how they allow Harley to parade over Wally? Harley of all people. Wally, THE FLASH, being treated as a joke by Harley. If its Joker, sure... But Wally... What the hell did he do that's worse than the Joker has done? smh right now at this mess.
    If there's any character I'd rather see in handcuffs and imprisoned over Wally West...it's Harley.

Incredible Member

What I mean is that after bringing back Barry Allen it was very likely for something like this to happen to Wally West. When Barry came back Wally West became the expendable Flash in the eyes of Dan Didio.

Blaming Geoff and Ethan for HiC makes absolutely zero sense. They didn’t write this story. Hell, after Flash Rebirth ended, there was room for 2 Flashes. The responsibility for HiC is solely with King and Dido. Make no mistake about that. Anything else is just an attempt to justify preexisting bias.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It may come as small comfort now, but this latest mismanagement of Wally West will pass sooner or later. It may take years, but all this will get explained away. In the meantime, you have my sympathies and I hope you don’t have to wait long.
    Bored, I know you mean well, and I say this with no snark at all: just don't.

It´s been 13 years already. Let people be pissed. Being pissed is the one healthy, sane and adequate reaction to this bullshit.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If there's any character I'd rather see in handcuffs and imprisoned over Wally West...it's Harley.

Amen. Such an insufferable Mary Sue. I wish she'd be retconned out of the entire DC Metaverse. Her and that stupid brat Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    They probably blame Marv Wolfman for killing Barry Allen off and having Wally West take his place.
    Maybe...probably not though.

Barry Allen had an amazing send off in Crisis #8. Heroic and bad ass IMO. He was one of the main heroes and stars of the biggest crossover event. And in the years after talked about and considered one of the greatest heroes. I would have loved if Wally went out that way. Instead he got this ****. Poorly written. Out of character. Story flat out made no sense and was clunky and silly in its reasoning.

Wally should have died in Flashpoint never to be brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Blaming Geoff and Ethan for HiC makes absolutely zero sense. They didn’t write this story. Hell, after Flash Rebirth ended, there was room for 2 Flashes. The responsibility for HiC is solely with King and Dido. Make no mistake about that. Anything else is just an attempt to justify preexisting bias.
    Nope. Sorry but I disagree. Yeah that is alllll Geoff and Ethan said prior to and after Rebirth. "there is plenty of room for all the Flashes". How long did that last? Within 12 months after Rebirth ended Wally was gone. Forgotten. And we all know what happened to his character since. I think it is naïve to believe that Geoff and Ethan didn't think this was a possible outcome...down the road. Hell I predicted something like this happening.

BANNED

Maybe...probably not though.

Barry Allen had an amazing send off in Crisis #8. Heroic and bad ass IMO. He was one of the main heroes and stars of the biggest crossover event. And in the years after talked about and considered one of the greatest heroes. I would have loved if Wally went out that way. Instead he got this ****. Poorly written. Out of character. Story flat out made no sense and was clunky and silly in its reasoning.

Wally should have died in Flashpoint never to be brought back.
    I'm not entirely sure I buy that. Glorious send offs or not, people typically don't want their favorite heroes to die, especially when they weren't set up to die from their inception, like Anakin Skywalker...if you want to call him a "hero". Barry Allen clearly wasn't. He was the regular hero in ongoing serialized comics for years and years before that.

I don't think most Wally West fans would be okay with Wally West dying indefinitely or forever, no matter how it happened.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Being pissed is the one healthy, sane and adequate reaction to this bullshit.
    Healthy, sane, and adequate reactions...all things missing from Heroes in Crisis.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I'm not entirely sure I buy that. Glorious send offs or not, people typically don't want their favorite heroes to die, especially when they weren't set up to die from their inception, like Anakin Skywalker...if you want to call him a "hero". Barry Allen clearly wasn't. He was the regular hero in ongoing serialized comics for years and years before that.

I don't think most Wally West fans would be okay with Wally West dying indefinitely or forever, no matter how it happened.
    I can only speak for myself and not other Wally West fans but I would have preferred he be dead and gone forever than this. 100%. No question. Hell I would have been happy if he just retired with his family like Jack Knight.

Plus, they already had an 'out' for Barry.
    He could've went and retired with Iris in the future, leaving Wally to take over.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I can only speak for myself and not other Wally West fans but I would have preferred he be dead and gone forever than this. 100%. No question. Hell I would have been happy if he just retired with his family like Jack Knight.
    Same here.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Thirded.

This just leaves a feeling of immense disgust.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake