Page 126 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Kids, just to remind you all in this crappy day:

This is Wally:

This is not Wally:

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    ...I just can't even with this.

Honestly sums up a lot about the state of Wally at this point.

I am so glad most media adaptions still have Harley as an out-and-out crazy homicidal villain and not this Harley.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Just be careful you don't mass murder anyone when you do it

Seriously though there is way better stuff being published these days from other companies. Don't support this current regime and find other things you will enjoy. It's what I've done and I've been having a blast.
    Lol. I was going to say something like it's not healthy to hold.in your frustrations and anger as we can see from fake Wally in HIC. But then didnt.

I'm tempted to start picking up Daredevil and Hulk but I don't really care that much for Marvel and they have their own problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Totally understand that. I felt the same following Emerald Twilight, but, looking back now, I really wish I had approached things with a little more perspective and not let it get me so angry and resentful.
    I'm not really angry so much. I've had a couple of years to go through my hopeful stage and then frustration and ultimately acceptance of reality when Wally was finally brought back and just been crapped on the last three years.

Now I'm just apethetic for the most part. In light of that I plan on mostly ignoring the mess that is current DC now and use this thread to appreciate the real Wally who is no longer around now unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    And yet, Johns has given us Doomsday Clock #10, which is very much in the vein of Morrison's ultimate “it all happened!” concept, Hypertime: while Manhattan doesn't mention Hypertime, the issue reveals that he remembers all of the DCU's history, from the Golden Age (with Superman's debut in 1938) to the present. If that's not “fitting it all in”, I don't know what is.
    I loved yesterday's issue. Johns is awesome and despite my problems with this series yesterdays issue was amazing.

There is a clear war between Johns and Didio. Hope, fun and good writing vs darkness, depression and terrible writing. I'm betting on the good guys.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    There is a clear war between Johns and Didio. Hope, fun and good writing vs darkness, depression and terrible writing. I'm betting on the good guys.
    The thing is, that war is being waged by real people with real stakes. I'm rooting for Johns; but I have no confidence that he'll actually win out.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

The thing is, that war is being waged by real people with real stakes. I'm rooting for Johns; but I have no confidence that he'll actually win out.
    Johns got fired from his position as Chief Creative Officer at DC (apparently because of the Justice League movie) and DC decided to axe Rebirth. Johns has absolutely no leverage in this and is down to only one ongoing at DC with current day DC apparently wanting to deconstruct and destroy everything he has touched during his long tenure as DC's premier writer. Maybe if his Green Lantern movie does well. But I am not holding any hope of him coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Didio's long tenure would be a pretty strong indicator that he's closer to the end of his time as DC's head honcho than the beginning.
    And during that time he has put a lot of his people in the right places. He pretty much got rid of many of DC's best editors like Tomasi and Wacker and Berger and traded them for guys like Idelson, Cunningham, Cotton, etc.

The man has a gift for outlasting his competitors and knowing how to avoid being axed. He has outlasted Levitz and Diane Nelson. He is going anywhere. And frankly the thought of Jim Lee and Bob Harras beig left in charge is even more terrifying.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-30-2019 at 10:00 AM.

BANNED

Just this...

TwkD81I.jpg

Incredible Member

And yet, Johns has given us Doomsday Clock #10, which is very much in the vein of Morrison's ultimate “it all happened!” concept, Hypertime: while Manhattan doesn't mention Hypertime, the issue reveals that he remembers all of the DCU's history, from the Golden Age (with Superman's debut in 1938) to the present. If that's not “fitting it all in”, I don't know what is.
    That’s true. He did and but he did it in a way that I thought worked better than just saying everything counts. He showed how they all tie together and how there’s been a clear manipulation. Again, he fit it all in but made it into a tighter continuity. That’s just how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Johns got fired from his position as Chief Creative Officer at DC (apparently because of the Justice League movie) and DC decided to axe Rebirth. Johns has absolutely no leverage in this and is down to only one ongoing at DC with current day DC apparently wanting to deconstruct and destroy everything he has touched during his long tenure as DC's premier writer.
    I don't disagree with this. That said, it is possible that the recent HiC fiasco will shake things up again. Didio has had a few close calls in the past, most notably being in the years leading up to New 52 (from what I understand, his job was on the line, and he was told by his bosses to do something drastic) and again about five years later when he was ready to throw in the towel on the New 52; ironically, Johns actually ended up saving it with his take on Rebirth, as Didio's original plan for Rebirth was to scrap it.

And during that time he has put a lot of his people in the right places. He pretty much got rid of many of DC's best editors like Tomasi and Wacker and Berger and traded them for guys like Idelson, Cunningham, Cotton, etc.

The man has a gift for outlasting his competitors and knowing how to avoid being axed. He has outlasted Levitz and Diane Nelson. I don't think he is going anywhere. And frankly the thought of Jim Lee and Bob Harras just being in charge is even more terrifying.
    Fair enough. Like I said, I'm rooting for Johns; but I have no confidence that he'll actually win out. That said, if I thought that Didio's victory is a sure thing and that there's no chance of a positive change, I wouldn't be here; Is do what I did with the launch of the New 52 and just drop everything.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Astonishing Member

I don't disagree with this. That said, it is possible that the recent HiC fiasco will shake things up again. Didio has had a few close calls in the past, most notably being in the years leading up to New 52 (from what I understand, his job was on the line, and he was told by his bosses to do something drastic) and again about five years later when he was ready to throw in the towel on the New 52; ironically, Johns actually ended up saving it with his take on Rebirth, as Didio's original plan for Rebirth was to scrap it.
    1) Didio's bosses don't care about the creative side of DC. From the recent history since DC was folded more tightly into WB corporate, The only things they seem to care about are a) negative publicity aka stuff like bat-penis and b) him listening to whatever corporate mandates they want. For example New 52 apparently happened because Diane Nelson wanted something (a sales boost??) to mark her new regime and that's what got the reboot rolling.

2) Didio has screwed up DC's sales numerous times and walked away from it. One Year Later, Countdown to Final Crisis and Convergence. And Johns has saved DC twice once with Blackest Night(from the Countdown mess) and another with Rebirth. And Didio walked away from these with no consequences and was able to take charge of DC as if nothing happened. The man is teflon. The higher ups in charge just don't care about screwing up sales as long as he runs the publishing side without significant issue (like running it into the ground).
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-30-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Lol. I was going to say something like it's not healthy to hold.in your frustrations and anger as we can see from fake Wally in HIC. But then didnt.

I'm tempted to start picking up Daredevil and Hulk but I don't really care that much for Marvel and they have their own problems.
    As a massive Daredevil fan ( my second favorite character after The Flash) Zdarsky’s run so far is excellent!

As far as Hulk goes, Al Ewing is putting out a modern masterpiece of a run and this is coming from someone who has never picked up a Hulk comic before. Highly recommend!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Ultimate Member

2) Didio has screwed up DC's sales numerous times and walked away from it. One Year Later, Countdown to Final Crisis and Convergence. And Johns has saved DC twice once with Blackest Night(from the Countdown mess) and another with Rebirth. And Didio walked away from these with no consequences and was able to take charge of DC as if nothing happened. The man is teflon. The higher ups in charge just don't care about screwing up sales as long as he runs the publishing side without significant issue (like running it into the ground).
    This reminds me of an old Chuck Dixon quote, after he'd gotten kicked off of Outsiders. He said that Time Warner barely remembers that it publishes comics any more.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Tom King Promises Wally West Is Primed For Big Things After Heroes In Crisis: https://www.cbr.com/tom-king-promise...oes-in-crisis/

Incredible Member

Tom King shouldn’t be able to say the name Wally West any more.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Tom King Promises Wally West Is Primed For Big Things After Heroes In Crisis: https://www.cbr.com/tom-king-promise...oes-in-crisis/
    Oh god please King stay away from Wally. You've done enough damage already. Also just more trying to justify what he did. Now everyone's talking about Wally.

But the best part is comparing what he did to Wally to what he did to Dick. That I'll agree with. He put Dick in a very bad place and now he is useless and his fans hate it. Just like what he did to Wally.

Both of the characters he "loves" so much.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's like he's trying to spin HiC as on par with the Rebirth special...when it's not.

I'll bet he loves Roy, too; loves him too death.

I shudder to think what he'd do to Donna or Garth if he could get his hands on them.
    Rogue wears rouge.