Page 130 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3576

Had Dr. Manhattan do some more changing.

EDIT: Added linked image instead as the one I uploaded got very small.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tenzel Kim; 05-31-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

According to Bleeding Cool, the rumored Wally West’s book should be announced at SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    According to Bleeding Cool, the rumored Wally West’s book should be announced at SDCC.
    The reception to that announcement should be interesting .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seriously I really hope that the crowd will react. I know it’s not gonna happen but I’d love to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I believe a certain editor was firmly entrenched by then so...
    Nope. Can't think of a one.

Okay, the closest I can think of is Rebirth #1 if you consider that a solo.
    Um, it wasn't a solo but the Brave and the Bold #8 by Waid and Perez was fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post

That works for me. Maybe that's why Doomsday Clock has been delayed, to deal with the fallout from HiC. One can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    But that's wrong. We have Didio's own words to back it up. https://i.imgur.com/tnb8AWY.jpg

There is no credibility or evidence to suppose he is lying. In fact there is more evidence that he's not. For example we know both Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis had heavy editorial involvement from him and were instigated by him as sequels to CoiE. We know that the writers for the first Barry Allen Flash tv show were given the Flash book (with Bart)? Why? Because Barry was suppose to come back in IC. We know that Didio had heavy involvement with Morrison in Final Crisis to the point that he was the one that wanted Batman to "die" and that he was the one that called the shots for bringing back Barry in Final Crisis when originally the Barry Allen in FC was probably just another alternate universe version of him like the Aquaman in FC.

Ethan Van Sciver had wanted Barry back and has taken credit for the pitch that Didio approved. But Johns only did took the writing job for so he could get the Flash family and Kid Flash book that editorial then yanked from him. Giving how much effort Johns went through to bring back Wally even after he was written out of DC Comics, it's pretty obvious that he is not a fan of what has happened.
    Ok so from the top...

-There IS no evidence that Dan Didio is lying...but I know he is. I remember those days like it was yesterday. 2008 and back to 2004 when he first came to DC. There were TONS of interviews where fans and interviewers asked why he wouldn't bring back Barry. He always answered "Barry's story is done and Wally is the Flash now". Trust me this is true and it is something we always talked about on the DC boards and Comic Bloc. I don't care what Dan said in that open letter that was in the back of DC comics. That letter is pure bullshit. Even at the time Ethan posted on Comic Bloc ALL the time and he laughed about how Dan was taking credit when it was Geoff and Ethan who begged him and finally convinced him to bring Barry Allen back. He said THEY (Geoff and Ethan) begged him for years.

-And Geoff didn't just take the job to get the Flash family back. He said in lots of interviews he was excited to write a Barry Allen Flash book because it would be different than Wally.

-And I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not saying Geoff wanted this to happen to Wally. He loves Wally. I know that. I am just saying that this happened because he worked so hard to convince Dan to bring Barry back.

P.S. I can't say this enough...that open letter from Dan is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, even though Geoff Johns wrote the return of Barry Allen, I sincerely doubt he wanted to get rid of Wally West. Just look at his work on Rebirth and Doomsday Clock. Brought Wally back with a bang (literally and figuratively), and showed Wally as a sign of DC's hope. Geoff set the table for Rebirth, but no one really capitalized on it for Wally going forward.

And since the end of Rebirth, that whole generation has been decimated in one way or another.
    I am not saying Geoff wanted to get rid of Wally West. He was probably hopeful that Wally would have ended up like Kyle. Kyle was the lead in many comics since GL Rebirth. I am just saying that this happened because he brought Barry back and he had to know that taking Wally out of the lead...something like this could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would love to be a fly on the wall.

Johns reintroduced Wally for a reason in the last two issues. This can't be innocent. I still think Johns will find a way to save him. We just have to wait three months for the release of Doomsday Clock #11 and we will see if our Flash is beyond redemption.

Johns reintroduced Wally for a reason in the last two issues. This can't be innocent. I still think Johns will find a way to save him. We just have to wait three months for the release of Doomsday Clock #11 and we will see if our Flash is beyond redemption.
    I hope you're right. I loved DC Universe Rebirth #1. It was great. I was hopeful after reading it. Maybe he will do something and the DCU will be un-rebooted and HIC will be forgotten.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post

That is so awesome. Great job.

Also I love those few panels from Doomsday clock. I really needed that small glimpse of hope after the HIC shitshow.

If anyone can save Wally it's Geoff Johns.

Please just leave poor Wally and his fans alone already.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    That works for me. Maybe that's why Doomsday Clock has been delayed, to deal with the fallout from HiC. One can hope.
    I don't think that was the reason DC has been delayed. In fact the opposite. DC has been delayed by Didio to negate the massive effects it was SUPPOSED to have but now not so much.

(Also on a side note, Shazam has also been delayed multiple times for unknown reasons. The only other title written by Johns. Hhhhhmmmm)

But maybe it might help as HIC is over and Johns can now fix it. But probably not. I've learned in the last few years that hope is pointless when it comes to the fastest man alive.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I hope you're right. I loved DC Universe Rebirth #1. It was great. I was hopeful after reading it. Maybe he will do something and the DCU will be un-rebooted and HIC will be forgotten.
    I don't know if the DCU is coming back as it was and as it should be, but I could see some characters like Wally West and his family escaping the Metaverse. Manhattan can create a brand new Earth where they won't be affected by reboots or RetCons

Coming back to the Pre-New 52 would be the worst thing to happen : Didio could destroy everything we love about DC. He can do whatever he wants with the current continuity, most of us don't care anymore, but I don't want Johns to give him a chance to tarnish New Earth.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I don't know if the DCU is coming back as it was and as it should be, but I could see some characters like Wally West and his family escaping the Metaverse. Manhattan can create a brand new Earth where they won't be affected by reboots or RetCons

Coming back to the Pre-New 52 would be the worst thing to happen : Didio could destroy everything we love about DC. He can do whatever he wants with the current continuity, most of us don't care anymore, but I don't want Johns to give him a chance to tarnish New Earth.
    Exactly how I feel these days.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Exactly how I feel these days.
    That's the only reasonable thing to do, I think. To keep reading the old stuff and wait for Didio and his friends to leave DC Comics.

And I'm actually happy to keep reading again and again titles like Born to Run, Return of Barry Allen or The Flash #0 (My Holy Trinity ^^).