Page 131 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I don't know if the DCU is coming back as it was and as it should be, but I could see some characters like Wally West and his family escaping the Metaverse. Manhattan can create a brand new Earth where they won't be affected by reboots or RetCons

Coming back to the Pre-New 52 would be the worst thing to happen : Didio could destroy everything we love about DC. He can do whatever he wants with the current continuity, most of us don't care anymore, but I don't want Johns to give him a chance to tarnish New Earth.
    Could? He pretty much already has at this point.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Ok so from the top...

-There IS no evidence that Dan Didio is lying...but I know he is. I remember those days like it was yesterday. 2008 and back to 2004 when he first came to DC. There were TONS of interviews where fans and interviewers asked why he wouldn't bring back Barry. He always answered "Barry's story is done and Wally is the Flash now". Trust me this is true and it is something we always talked about on the DC boards and Comic Bloc. I don't care what Dan said in that open letter that was in the back of DC comics. That letter is pure bullshit. Even at the time Ethan posted on Comic Bloc ALL the time and he laughed about how Dan was taking credit when it was Geoff and Ethan who begged him and finally convinced him to bring Barry Allen back. He said THEY (Geoff and Ethan) begged him for years.

-And Geoff didn't just take the job to get the Flash family back. He said in lots of interviews he was excited to write a Barry Allen Flash book because it would be different than Wally.

-And I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not saying Geoff wanted this to happen to Wally. He loves Wally. I know that. I am just saying that this happened because he worked so hard to convince Dan to bring Barry back.

P.S. I can't say this enough...that open letter from Dan is bullshit.
    So there’s no evidence but you know better? Right. Ok. Got that inside track huh? Saying stuff like that makes you sound like a conspiracy theorist. I know this guy has said the exact opposite for years but I know better because of reasons. Yeah, ok.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    Had Dr. Manhattan do some more changing.

EDIT: Added linked image instead as the one I uploaded got very small.
    This is great. Give yourself a No-Prize!

Astonishing Member

Ok so from the top...

-There IS no evidence that Dan Didio is lying...but I know he is. I remember those days like it was yesterday. 2008 and back to 2004 when he first came to DC. There were TONS of interviews where fans and interviewers asked why he wouldn't bring back Barry. He always answered "Barry's story is done and Wally is the Flash now".
    I am aware of these interviews. But the balance of the evidence to the simple fact that that while he was saying one thing, he was doing another thing. I have laid out evidence aside from the letter that demonstrated that he wanted to bring back Barry as far back as Infinite Crisis. The Bilson/Dimeo team for the Flash is imo the most damning evidence as well as his involvement in Final Crisis.

-And Geoff didn't just take the job to get the Flash family back. He said in lots of interviews he was excited to write a Barry Allen Flash book because it would be different than Wally.
    Geoff Johns heavily promoted the fact that his new direction on Flash was going to be Flash family book with Barry and Wally and that his friend Sterling Gates was writing Kid Flash and Kollins would do the Wally parts. Given what we know about EVS's claims that Flash Rebirth originated from him, I think the evidence points to the Flash Family/Kid Flash books being the inducement for Johns to write Flash Rebirth and it lines up with the fact that he quit the Flash job after New 52 only after 12 issues despite setting up several stories that were left untold. That points strongly to some problems/dissatisfaction and I think it probably was not getting what he wanted. We have seen in prior instances of him suddenly upping and leaving books because of him not getting what he wanted such as with Teen Titans (which was right in the middle of the Titans East story) and also Hawkman.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 06-01-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    So there’s no evidence but you know better? Right. Ok. Got that inside track huh? Saying stuff like that makes you sound like a conspiracy theorist. I know this guy has said the exact opposite for years but I know better because of reasons. Yeah, ok.
    Nope. I’m not the only one on these boards who have said they remember Ethan’s posts and interviews where he said he and Geoff petitioned Dan to bring Barry back for YEARS. That’s not conspiracy theories. It’s a fact that he has said that. I’ll try and dig up links. You are just choosing to believe Dan because he printed a pretty page of bullshit in the back of all DC comics 11 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I am aware of these interviews. But the balance of the evidence to the simple fact that that while he was saying one thing, he was doing another thing. I have laid out evidence aside from the letter that demonstrated that he wanted to bring back Barry as far back as Infinite Crisis. The Bilson/Dimeo team for the Flash is imo the most damning evidence as well as his involvement in Final Crisis.

Geoff Johns heavily promoted the fact that his new direction on Flash was going to be Flash family book with Barry and Wally and that his friend Sterling Gates was writing Kid Flash and Kollins would do the Wally parts. Given what we know about EVS's claims that Flash Rebirth originated from him, I think the evidence points to the Flash Family/Kid Flash books being the inducement for Johns to write Flash Rebirth and it lines up with the fact that he quit the Flash job after New 52 only after 12 issues despite setting up several stories that were left untold. That points strongly to some problems/dissatisfaction and I think it probably was not getting what he wanted. We have seen in prior instances of him suddenly upping and leaving books because of him not getting what he wanted such as with Teen Titans (which was right in the middle of the Titans East story) and also Hawkman.
    Why is the creative team on Bart’s book proof he was planning on bringing Barry back? The wrote a **** tv show for one season. IMO that’s not even close to evidence. And of course he was involved in Final Crisis. He was involved in all DC event comics.

And yes I do agree that Geoff wanted the Flash family back and intact but he said lots of times that he was excited to write Barry because there were lots of stories you could write with Barry that you couldn’t write with Wally.

I’m gonna dig out links to all this stuff this week and try and post so we don’t have to continue going back and forth on this nonsense.

An article arguing against the idea of a redemption for Wally.

he loved ones of those slain in the attack will still have to deal with Wally West being alive, being redeemed and maybe one day running around with his friends in the Justice League. Does the Flash really deserve to continue on as a hero just because he can run really fast? How would you feel if you had to watch the killer of someone you loved continue to find success in the spotlight, or find their missing family? Would that be fair?
    https://www.cbr.com/heroes-in-crisis...no-redemption/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

This is why the only way to redeem Wally from this is to Parallax him, and say that he literally was not responsible for what happened.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Currently reading Supergods from Morrison.

[About Mark Waid's run on The Flash] Now, six years later, he'd returned to DC as a writer, bent on restoring a sense of joyous, inventive acceleration to the adventures of the Flash. His stories were never less than ingenious, with old-school heart-stopping climaxes, genuine romance, and a dozen never-before-seen tricks in every issue. They were the inheritors of the Julius Schwartz tradition, heartfelt bulletin from a southern geek with the steel-trap mind of a lawyer and the faraway eyes of a Silver Age boyhood never quit outgrown. Superheroes had been Waid's best friends, and there was no way he would allow them to become grizzled antiheroes, reduced to snapping spines or endlessly justifying themselves. He gave Wally West, the one-time Kid Flash, a piece of his own soul that turned a B-list sidekick into a rounded, sympathetic young protagnist who you could root for easily. As the Flash had rescued superhero comics from the dead darkness of the fifties, he was here again to jump-start a new age of recapitulation, restoration, and Renaissance.

Astonishing Member

Nope. I’m not the only one on these boards who have said they remember Ethan’s posts and interviews where he said he and Geoff petitioned Dan to bring Barry back for YEARS. That’s not conspiracy theories. It’s a fact that he has said that. I’ll try and dig up links. You are just choosing to believe Dan because he printed a pretty page of bullshit in the back of all DC comics 11 years ago.
    I remember what you're talking about, but wasn't that on a youtube video for his channel back before he burned all his bridges?

EVS was very proud of it so him trying to take the credit like the egotistic ******* he was doesn't surprise me. That said, either Didio was yanking his chain or he is exaggerating. Didio couldn't say "Wally is The Flash now!" when EVS would've been pitching Flash Rebirth because Didio had just gotten rid of him for like 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Currently reading Supergods from Morrison.
    High praise coming from Morrison .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

If DC could 'redeem' Harley Quinn and Wolfman could pretend that Slade did nothing wrong for years, then Wally can be redeemed.

Astonishing Member

Why is the creative team on Bart’s book proof he was planning on bringing Barry back? The wrote a **** tv show for one season.
    Then why put them on the Flash book with Bart? It only makes sense if they were intended to be the writers for a Barry Allen Flash book, which was certainly the case. Much like how Bruce Jones and Judd Winnick were suppose to be writing Jason Todd as Nightwing in OYL with the Nightwing and Outsiders ongoings, those two were intended to write Barry Allen.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 06-01-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If DC could 'redeem' Harley Quinn and Wolfman could pretend that Slade did nothing wrong for years, then Wally can be redeemed.
    Yeah, if mass-murderer's and hired killers are worth being portrayed as "anti-heroes," then I don't see why Wally can't be a hero again.

Unless he can't because they need to have Harley Quinn beat somebody up (I am so over Harley) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, if mass-murderer's and hired killers are worth being portrayed as "anti-heroes," then I don't see why Wally can't be a hero again.

Unless he can't because they need to have Harley Quinn beat somebody up (I am so over Harley) .
    I now see why Artemis Grace was sent to, well, wherever she is; she actually has reigned Harley in, effectively. To the point where she could do so in just a few words!