Page 133 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I’m not saying he was defending Wally. I’m simply saying it wasn’t Dans idea to bring Barry back.

Also I don’t think Geoff’s run on Wally was cut short. 60 ish issue run. Felt complete to me.
    Rogue War, good as it is, was very obviously two story arcs shoved together at the end. Johns also left a bunch of loose plot lines all over the place which, admittedly, is typical him but the big one is the three visits. His run was ended and the comic was gone 5 issues later as it buffered with fill ins into Infinite Crisis, its scheduled, synergized cancellation point.

I'm just saying the timeline is not very good for the point you're trying to make. It's well known that IC was supposed to springboard a Barry return and that's in the works a year into Didio's tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Rogue War, good as it is, was very obviously two story arcs shoved together at the end. Johns also left a bunch of loose plot lines all over the place which, admittedly, is typical him but the big one is the three visits. His run was ended and the comic was gone 5 issues later as it buffered with fill ins into Infinite Crisis, its scheduled, synergized cancellation point.

I'm just saying the timeline is not very good for the point you're trying to make. It's well known that IC was supposed to springboard a Barry return and that's in the works a year into Didio's tenure.
    I disagree that it’s well known that IC would be a Barry return. If so why didn’t he return?

Also the 3 visits were Flash 200, Rogue War and Infinite Crisis.

Seems like some of you guys are using speculation and calling it fact or at least calling it evidence. My point is a quote from Ethan. I think word from the mouth of one of the Rebirth creators has more weight.

Listen I don’t know when Dan was convinced I’m just saying it wasn’t his idea to bring Barry back.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I disagree that it’s well known that IC would be a Barry return. If so why didn’t he return?
    They got cold feet due to Wally's popularity and decided to remove him for a while first. Bart was a last minuter decision and was supposed to endure untill Barry actually returned, so they could "highlight the generational aspect" without actually having Wally there.

Flash:FMA started to have too negative a feedback, though, so they had to scrape that idea and return Wally just to keep the franchise alive, but they sabotaged tat run from the start was well. It's all well documented in a bunch of interviews over the webs.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

The same reason why Nightwing didn't die in Infinite Crisis. Other people involved in the process (possibly higher up then Dan Didio) disagreed with it.

Seems like some of you guys are using speculation and calling it fact or at least calling it evidence. My point is a quote from Ethan. I think word from the mouth of one of the Rebirth creators has more weight.
    Didio was the executive editor of DC and involved in Infinite Crisis/Final Crisis/Green Lantern Rebirth/Flash Rebirth and would be privy to these same details and yet you dismiss him as a liar because his statements clash with your narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The same reason why Nightwing didn't die in Infinite Crisis. Other people involved in the process (possibly higher up then Dan Didio) disagreed with it.
    The Nightwing thing was the creatives: Waid and Johns banded together and apparently championed some sort of internal campaign. They used all their cloput saving Dick and copuld avoid Bart turning Flash, though. Some you win, some you lose.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Also the 3 visits were Flash 200, Rogue War and Infinite Crisis.

Listen I don’t know when Dan was convinced I’m just saying it wasn’t his idea to bring Barry back.
    Yeah man and the literal published message on the comic is just hearsay over here.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    The Nightwing thing was the creatives: Waid and Johns banded together and apparently championed some sort of internal campaign. They used all their cloput saving Dick and copuld avoid Bart turning Flash, though. Some you win, some you lose.
    I am eternally thankful to them for saving Dick. Wish we had something similar for Wally and Roy.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Ultimate Member

I’m not saying he was defending Wally. I’m simply saying it wasn’t Dans idea to bring Barry back.

Also I don’t think Geoff’s run on Wally was cut short. 60 ish issue run. Felt complete to me.
    Who cares who idea it was to bring back Barry???

NONE of that excuses what has been done to Wally.

No one got ruined when Jean Grey kept coming back at Marvel.

Falcon, Winter Soldier, US Agent, Cho Hulk, Rhodey, Kate Bishop. She Hulk, Erik Masterson, Jane Foster, X-23, Miles, Riri, Shuri and way more folk than I can list got ruined when Steve, Tony, Logan and others came back.

Yet here Bart & Wally got trashed. Like Jason Rusch was too.

Execution is the issue.

Oh, but it was.

EVS was just a bit delusional. Probably actually believes it was his idea.

They got cold feet due to Wally's popularity and decided to remove him for a while first. Bart was a last minuter decision and was supposed to endure untill Barry actually returned, so they could "highlight the generational aspect" without actually having Wally there.

Flash:FMA started to have too negative a feedback, though, so they had to scrape that idea and return Wally just to keep the franchise alive, but they sabotaged tat run from the start was well. It's all well documented in a bunch of interviews over the webs.
    Links please. I never read one interview with anyone at DC that ever said this. It’s just speculation and rumors spread over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post

Didio was the executive editor of DC and involved in Infinite Crisis/Final Crisis/Green Lantern Rebirth/Flash Rebirth and would be privy to these same details and yet you dismiss him as a liar because his statements clash with your narrative.
    Lol. No I dismissed them because of many interviews with him and Ethan which I’ve said before and provided an audio interview to back up my argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Yeah man and the literal published message on the comic is just hearsay over here.

You believe everything you read?

Fine. Don’t believe me. Believe Dan. Doesn’t matter to me if you believe it. I really just wanted to provide you guys evidence of what Ethan said. Believe who you will.

Oh, but it was.

EVS was just a bit delusional. Probably actually believes it was his idea.

Believe what you want. It’s just not true.

Astonishing Member

You believe everything you read?

Fine. Don’t believe me. Believe Dan. Doesn’t matter to me if you believe it. I really just wanted to provide you guys evidence of what Ethan said. Believe who you will.
    I'll believe the one literally printed on a comic years before the other one was ever said. Also the one that lines up with the timeline and the literal everything that has ever happened. EVS wasn't some big name forcing through ideas in 2005.

You believe EVS. Great. EVS gets all the credit. It means fucking nothing in the grand scheme of things because EVS hasn't touched this shit since Flash Rebirth.

Good lord why is this still being discussed? This isn’t the “who brought Barry back and why Thread?”
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!