Page 135 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    You think so? Why’s that?
    My posts are tame to the stuff Waid says. He gets very vocal, and oftentimes threatens people who don't fit his political leanings who are involved with comics. Or people who he perceives as having fucked up comics in the past. You can't talk about how you'll fight someone at a convention if they show up and be basically the PR guy for DC like Didio is.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Don't have them and can't search now.

The part about Bart enduring (and then failing too soon) was said by Didio himself in a Newsarama interview or DC Nation column. Waid reiterates that in an excerpt from the book "The Flash Companion", by Keith Dallas, that's is floating online somewhere, as well as in his now infamous Comics Alliance interview (the one that had the "52 done right" thing). He was also offered the Bart relaunch before Bilson and Demeo but couldn't come up with a pitch they liked.

Didio himself has stated that he was planning to bring back Barry still on Infinite Crisis, again in a DC Nation column. There are also a bunch of posts in his Facebook from God knows when he details part of of the scrapped plans for all the OYL titles. There's stuff there as well.

There's also at least one video interview where Dan says the idea was his, and yet another where Geoff says it was his. Basically, when they thought it was going to be an undisputed success everyone wanted to father the baby. (I don't recall where any of those two were hosted, but they were both convention interviews).

But basically, everything I said here was first brought to light and then reiterated by multiple sources of varying credibility that were connected to the case. EVS is the less reliable one, and you can just take a look at his online life since (or even his online life prior, if you want to go deep. There's one particular guy whose life was ruined by his trolling), and you'll know why.

Now, you wanna go for the actual truth? Look for Waid and Didio, 2 guys that don't (or didn't back then, at least) see eye-to-eye basically saying the same things.

Or by all means, go by EVS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    When and where did Waid ever confirm it was Dans idea to bring Barry back? I guarantee he’s never said that. Everything else you just said Waid said I never disputed so I don’t know why you brought it up. All you’re saying is that he was offered the book. Everything else is speculation. Unless you believe Dan
    Last edited by Hol; 06-02-2019 at 08:30 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    When and where did Waid ever confirm it was Dans idea to bring Barry back? I guarantee he’s never said that. Everything else you just said Waid said I never disputed so I don’t know why you brought it up. All you’re saying is that he was offered the book. Everything else is speculation. Unless you believe Dan
    No, the part about Waid is about the fact that Bart was a last minute thing Flash fastest man alive AND that his run was cut short prematurely (things that were also on my post). It relates because Didio said that Bart was supposed to be the Final Crisis Flash, etc, etc, etc.

The whole thing about Barry's return being originally slated to Infinite Crisis is also true, and it's also on some of the intervioews I mentioned above (not to mention the DC Nation coplumn)

And yes, I believe Dan.

I also believe EVS when he says he used to bug Dan Didio about it, but he actually believing that it was because of him that the decision was made is kind of cute. Plan was already in motion and all.

Not to mention: if this was not an idea DD was married to, he'd given up a while ago.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    No, the part about Waid is about the fact that Bart was a last minute thing Flash fastest man alive AND that his run was cut short prematurely (things that were also on my post). It relates because Didio said that Bart was supposed to be the Final Crisis Flash, etc, etc, etc.

The whole thing about Barry's return being originally slated to Infinite Crisis is also true, and it's also on some of the intervioews I mentioned above (not to mention the DC Nation coplumn)

And yes, I believe Dan.

I also believe EVS when he says he used to bug Dan Didio about it, but he actually believing that it was because of him that the decision was made is kind of cute. Plan was already in motion and all.

Not to mention: if this was not an idea DD was married to, he'd given up a while ago.
    Well I’ll just agree to disagree then. Those interviews you mention are all after Rebirth was announced so just apart of Dans bullshit IMO.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

RCO052.jpg
    1char.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    RCO052.jpg
    1char.
    There are few pages in all of superhero comics that I remember as fondly as this one. It's just... perfect.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    RCO052.jpg
    1char.
    Now there's that Flash optimism and conviction that I miss .

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Return of Barry Allen is really a masterpiece.

Thank you.

Incredible Member

This isn't official merch but I really wanted something Wally specific.

https://imgur.com/a/28qGPjn

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post

I will blame Didio for a lot of things, but I don't think he's TOO responsible for the Waid return being unsuccessful. Unless he was actively keeping it out of advertisement (compare Barry's return to Wally's and you'll see a noted difference...). Waid was thrust in it as a name to sales boost with little plans for what to do. He even admits Didio tried to help him come up with something because they scraped it together last second...as they weren't planning on doing it at the end of Bart's run like they ended up doing. It's why during all these Flash turnovers there's these weird gaps in publication, too. Lots of mismanagement.

Getting back to my point, the Wild Wests era was scuttled pretty early on by Acuna bailing on the project and turning in a minimum contractually defined page count, spread across six issues, while Waid struggled to make sense of the shifting art duties (and did the haphazard split story line) and lack of voice for Iris and Jai (years earlier Waid actually created Iris personally but she was older and more of a mindset he could get into, with the new versions being too young for him). A lot of potential, but general mismanagement and other things on the horizon doomed it before it could start. You can blame that on Didio, but heck it might've worked out if an artist didn't bail.
    Waid stated he was having trouble coming up with something he liked with Wally & the kids and Dan suggested he try something like the dynamic of the Incredibles.
    And Acuna bailing brought about the back up story with the other dimension crapola. It was all done of the fly as they were left with NO time to fill a 22 page book.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Waid stated he was having trouble coming up with something he liked with Wally & the kids and Dan suggested he try something like the dynamic of the Incredibles.
    And Acuna bailing brought about the back up story with the other dimension crapola. It was all done of the fly as they were left with NO time to fill a 22 page book.
    Looks like a case of self-sabotage to undermine Wally so that Didio could build the case for Barry Allen's return.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Looks like a case of self-sabotage to undermine Wally so that Didio could build the case for Barry Allen's return.
    Personally, I don't doubt it.

And Acuna bailing brought about the back up story with the other dimension crapola.
    Ah. Well. Guess I'm in the minority as the 'other dimension crapola' was the one part of the arc that I actually liked (because it sure wasn't the kids.) I enjoyed those goat people. Clean humor is good.

The only thing not perfect about this scene was the color of Wally's eyes. Must have been a shortage on yellow ink.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    This isn't official merch but I really wanted something Wally specific.

Awesome. I want to do something related to Wally and print it on a t-shirt.

I'm not sure who here collects action figures, but for anyone who saw the DC Multiverse Wally action figure at SDCC last year, the wave he's in is supposed to be released sometime this month tentatively. Entertainment Earth, for example, is open for pre-orders.

f44a4df4b39247a697e736eaeda44367lg.jpg

The distribution for these figures have been pretty bad it seems (Mattel is apparently loosing the license at the end of the year). Took me forever to get the Kyle one. Might be best to wait for it to pop up on Amazon, if that's your preferred place to order online.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

So good. Can’t wait to put my hand on this.