Page 138 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3576

I finally finished reading Baron's Flash. Yikes! Not the best showing for Wally at all (not the level of character assassination King gave us, but still pretty bad).
    I'm so happy I reached Messner-Loebs' run. I'm way more excited to read that (and Waid's).

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I finally finished reading Baron's Flash. Yikes!
    Congrats ! Baron’s run is a pain in the ass. It takes like forever to read just one issue and Wally’s portrayal is dreadful.

Feel free to share your favorite issues of Messner-Loebs’ run, there is a lot more of fun in his stories

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    This was linked by another site. I read it and thought it a good piece. It's about Geoff Johns and how the writing of Doomsday Clock #10 seems to have been influenced by his troubles with DC.
    Where it relates to Wally (and this thread):

https://aux.avclub.com/geoff-johns-r...msd-1835326649

Whiplash is perfect. That's how I felt after seeing scans of both visions for Wally. Oh, what we could have had if not for Didio!
    Very interesting article, thanks. I'm wondering what will be of Doomsday Clock after ending and if anything happened in it will affect the DCU.
    At this point I think that Doomsday Clock will remain a good stand-alone event without any impact at all.
    Obviously Wally has eveything to loose in that scenario.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

If Wally is not a full villain at the end of HiC #9, I think it's only because of Doomsday Clock and Johns.

Johns acknowledged Sanctuary really early in Doomsday Clock, so he definitely knows what's going on behind the scene and I don't think he would have made Wally the "antibody" of the DCU if there was no chance to give him a redemption and make him a hero again.

Maybe Didio and King screw up Wally precisely because he would be safe at the end of Doomsday Clock but, in the meantime, Heroes in Crisis and the character assassination of Wally made a lot of money : basically have its cake and eat it too.

This might be denial, but I guess we will find out in two months with Doomsday Clock #11.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I finally finished reading Baron's Flash. Yikes! Not the best showing for Wally at all (not the level of character assassination King gave us, but still pretty bad).
    I'm so happy I reached Messner-Loebs' run. I'm way more excited to read that (and Waid's).
    Yeah, for the most part it was pretty average.
    Baron was definitely trying too hard to make Wally different from Barry (which of course, was his mandate).
    There were some great ideas in there too though!
    Velocity 9, Soviet speedsters and Chunk!!

Messner Loebs smoothed the rough edges off Wally and started putting into place the pieces that Waid just smacked outta the ballpark.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

In fairness to Baron, Wolfman was already writing Wally as kind of a jerk in New Teen Titans, so Wally's personality in those early issues didn't feel completely out of nowhere.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    In fairness to Baron, Wolfman was already writing Wally as kind of a jerk in New Teen Titans, so Wally's personality in those early issues didn't feel completely out of nowhere.
    Yeah, Wally was my least favorite from NTT.
    I finished Messner-Loebs's first arc and liked it a lot better than Baron's. I liked how he actually worked with Baron established, instead of simply ignoring all of it like a new creative team would these days.
    Wally is still kind of a jerk, thought. It's palpable how he still had a lot of character progression to go through. Seems like King only read these runs before writing HiC LOL.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    So awesome. Thanks.

Perfect example why we love Wally. Just funny and fun. I smiled and laughed about four times reading through this.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Yeah, Wally was my least favorite from NTT.
    I finished Messner-Loebs's first arc and liked it a lot better than Baron's. I liked how he actually worked with Baron established, instead of simply ignoring all of it like a new creative team would these days.
    Wally is still kind of a jerk, thought. It's palpable how he still had a lot of character progression to go through. Seems like King only read these runs before writing HiC LOL.
    I gotta disagree a bit. Sure during Baron and a little of Messner-Loebs run Wally was somewhat of a jerk. But a fun jerk who was just a bit immature. He still had a good heart, he was just young and brash. But I found that endearing.

It's not my favorite iteration of Wally but I don't hate it and I still liked reading it.

I will agree on Wally in NTT. He wasn't fun to read. Not so.much because of him being a jerk but he was just so angsty and full of drama. Just a stick in the mud and not fun to read.

That's the key for me. The character I'm reading about has to be fun to read. So while Baron made Wally a bit selfish he was still fun to read the way Johnny Storm is. NTT was not fun to read.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 06-11-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I don't think he was always a good person during those runs. He was a cheater and almost refused saving a small girl because her father wanted him evicted for not paying rent.
    Yes, he eventually did save the girl, but it was terrible that he had doubts in the first place.

Guess what just came in the mail Wally fans. Oh yeah!!!!

20190611_192658.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Guess what just came in the mail Wally fans. Oh yeah!!!!

20190611_192658.jpg
    That’s freaking awesome!!!! Where did you order that from?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    That’s freaking awesome!!!! Where did you order that from?
    Thanks. It is. This just made my day.

It's from Toybiz. They have a DC Multiverse line. They had this for pre order a few months ago. The only Wally figure that I know of from recent.

You might be able to order it from their site.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    He was no more a jerk then Dick was back then, they were figuring out who they were and waht they wanted next it took quite a few issues for their arc to move along but they changed for the better
    Also Raven may or may not have put a spell on him it was unclear

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He was no more a jerk then Dick was back then, they were figuring out who they were and waht they wanted next it took quite a few issues for their arc to move along but they changed for the better
    Also Raven may or may not have put a spell on him it was unclear
    No, Dick was the guy who got to rally the team and give them hope in the darkest situations. And also saved their asses.

Wally was the guy who got fed up with other members and generally said whatever the plan was wouldn't work. His role on the team (from a writing sense) was much more thankless and stick in the mud than Dick's.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers