Page 152 of 239 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    With that said...

Attachment 83825

Lol. Yup. Wally's still awesome.
    Wally's hair (A miracle of the universe)

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    So what do we make of this and this? Barry even includes not being the fastest when he's sulking a bit about how things are changing.

All of this is also spinning out of the Perfect Storm arc where Barry threw the other speedsters under the bus for his powers because only he could defeat Grodd. Barry, under Williamson, believes being the Flash is what makes him special, so it's perfectly logical him not being the fastest would bug him.

In theory, I have no issue with Barry being the fastest even if I don't think it's a question that needed to be answered. But between the way it's being handled and Hunter becoming a Barry villain, it just seems like Wally is getting screwed again.
    I agree but this is less an issue of Wally being screwed over than of just another example of how badly written Modern Barry is. I've loved Barry in various retro stories, mostly by Mark Waid, but I keep dropping off the Flash ever since the New 52 because of how much I dislike the way that Barry Allen has been portrayed in them. Williamson, despite his obvious writing chops and even good handle on most characterization (he greatly improved on previous portrayals of Wallace and his Wally is pretty damn solid), just can't seem to get Barry at all correct. His Barry ranges from being mopey to being a dick and I just have no interest in reading about such a character. This is a problem with the TV version too, by the way, but there at least they have the massively likable Grant Gustin to counteract the awful writing.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I agree but this is less an issue of Wally being screwed over than of just another example of how badly written Modern Barry is. I've loved Barry in various retro stories, mostly by Mark Waid, but I keep dropping off the Flash ever since the New 52 because of how much I dislike the way that Barry Allen has been portrayed in them. Williamson, despite his obvious writing chops and even good handle on most characterization (he greatly improved on previous portrayals of Wallace and his Wally is pretty damn solid), just can't seem to get Barry at all correct. His Barry ranges from being mopey to being a dick and I just have no interest in reading about such a character. This is a problem with the TV version too, by the way, but there at least they have the massively likable Grant Gustin to counteract the awful writing.
    Absolutely! I agree as I think Williamson is fantastic writer, but your observations about his take on Barry are absolutely correct and why I decided to drop the book.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I think Williamson had a good handle on Barry at first but it's gotten more and more inconsistent the more his run has gone on.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Didio sad Wally will get a huge reveal in the end of issue 1 that will make him an important part of the DCU.

So.... you heard it here first. They still going to destroy him. He had this damn smile in end of the video that just screamed 'I'm going to mess him up so more'.
    Can you give a summation of what he said? I'm region locked out of DCUniverse.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Can you give a summation of what he said? I'm region locked out of DCUniverse.
    Here's your summary :

- When asked if we have to read HiC before Flash Forward #1, he smiles and says you can totally skip Heroes in Crisis if you want to.
    - Wally's personnal journey is connected to other threads of the DCU, so his adventure will merge with some others.
    - Wally will become really important.

Aaaaaaand that's all.

I don't know what's going on but this is really weird. I'm glad, I want to give them a chance but, still, it's weird.

LoL, it’s Rebirth all over again. If Wally was truly going to become important they would have put a stronger and more relevant creative team on him.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Wally's hair (A miracle of the universe)

Haha. Awesome. Classic Wally. Just pure fun.

I can relate to Wally. Hate haircuts. I like that Laroque gave Wally that distinct hairstyle. The wave. An iteration on Hals signature hair style.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Absolutely! I agree as I think Williamson is fantastic writer, but your observations about his take on Barry are absolutely correct and why I decided to drop the book.
    I think Williamson is a very good writer. His Flash series is pretty solid from what I've seen and I really like how he writes Wally. The problem is like most are saying, is that Barry is written very depressing. But the series in general is written with a lot of angst and tragedy. I think that's more of an editorial tone set in rather than Williamson.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

Williamson was pretty good with flash from 1-45. He gave Barry and Wally a happy ending when they both reconnected with Iris. It was that damn Flash War that messed his run up. Williamson really wanted to write Wally and looked for ways to put him in that book, once he was gone to HIC, the Flash run got sloppy

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, it’s Rebirth all over again. If Wally was truly going to become important they would have put a stronger and more relevant creative team on him.
    I'm pretty sure that Flash Forward and its team is the resultat of a last minute decision. Obviously, Didio & cie underestimate the shitstorm coming with Heroes in Crisis.

And, if it's Rebirth all over again, the big difference here is that it's Dan Didio who will be praised. Not Geoff Johns.

Just for you guys, I made a wonderful piece of art, a triptych showing Didio's face when he's asked if we need to read Heroes in Crisis. Spoiler : It's priceless.

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...idiololhic.png

It's Otto-Dix level. Don't thank me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Flash Forward and its team is the resultat of a last minute decision. Obviously, Didio & cie underestimate the shitstorm coming with Heroes in Crisis.

And, if it's Rebirth all over again, the big difference here is that it's Dan Didio who will be praised. Not Geoff Johns.

Just for you guys, I made a wonderful piece of art, a triptych showing Didio's face when he's asked if we need to read Heroes in Crisis. Spoiler : It's priceless.

They thought Wally fans were a vocal minority after 8 years of shoving Barry in our faces. No Barry hate though I like him

This wonderful issue came yesterday from the eBay fairy. Highly recommend! They don't make Flash specials like this anymore.
    Flash.jpg
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Hang on to that collector's item, it's bound to skyrocket in value once the masses finally embrace the ultimate 90s Flash villain: Cobalt Blue.

Seriously though that was a fun special. God I miss the Flash family.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

I think you might be right. I'm sure Didio knew there would be some sort of blowback but not on the massive scale that it actually ended up being on.

He will not get credit for doing anything good for Wally like Johns did for Rebirth. IF this fixes Wally he will get credit for fixing his own mess that he caused.

Lol. That's great. The third image says. "Damn. I screwed up big time."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    They thought Wally fans were a vocal minority after 8 years of shoving Barry in our faces. No Barry hate though I like him
    A big Wally fan base after him being the Flash for 22 years?? Who would have thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This wonderful issue came yesterday from the eBay fairy. Highly recommend! They don't make Flash specials like this anymore.
    Flash.jpg
    Nice. That's a pretty good issue. Don't care for the cover art though. Too bad they can't make anything like this today.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Prepare yourself for a new writer on Flash Forward :

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...ndustry-again/