Page 171 of 239 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Man! Kid wally with baby wallace in his arm was cutest thing ever. They should publish more stories with that dynamic. I read the heck out of it.
    That's adorable...although it's also kind of weird to see the two Wally's together like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Brett Booth revealed DC was planning to release a Wally/Wallace West book, which could have been really fun in my opinion, but, like all Wally West projects, it was canceled.

Let’s hope these pages is Williamson teasing what’s coming.
    I wouldn't have minded that. Kind of reminds me of the last Nova run with Rich and Sam.

Incredible Member

SPOILERS FOR FLASH FORWARD. SOMEONE ON REDDIT DID A PODCAST WITH LOBDELL

spoilers:

issue 1 wally decides that he wants no defense and he deserves punishment for HIC. someone comes up to him and tells him that he needs to defend himself and that she finally understands the pain he's been through. It is linda park.

issue 2 wally is on the nightmare world with vampire batman and the only human hero left on the earth is roy harper

Lobdell views Wally's crime as second degree murder.

Lobdell states that this mini series will end the chapter of Wally's life that began in flashpoint

damn he's giving out a lot of future info i wonder if editorial will tell him to redo this

end of spoilers
    Last edited by Darkcrusade25; 07-25-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post

spoilers:
    issue 1 wally decides that he wants no defense and he deserves punishment for HIC. someone comes up to him and tells him that he needs to defend himself and that she finally understands the pain he's been through. It is linda park.
    issue 2 wally is on the nightmare world with vampire batman and the only human hero left on the earth is roy harper

Lobdell states that this mini series will end the chapter of Wally's life that began in flashpoint

end of spoilers
    Sounds terrible.

I would.think after the huge negative back lash they would try to sweep HIC under the rug. But from what your saying it sounds like they are leaning into it.

Well guess this is going to be a nope for me if true and will continue to not pick up any DC comics. Can't say I'm surprised.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Sounds terrible.

I would.think after the huge negative back lash they would try to sweep HIC under the rug. But from what your saying it sounds like they are leaning into it.

Well guess this is going to be a nope for me if true and will continue to not pick up any DC comics. Can't say I'm surprised.

idk man spoilers:
    if linda comes back into wally's life
    end of spoilers it sounds better than what we've been getting so far

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

idk man spoilers:
    if linda comes back into wally's life
    end of spoilers it sounds better than what we've been getting so far
    As much as I would love that still doesn't make it worth them dragging out Wally the killer thing. That just needs to be revealed to never have been Wally at all and then buried and forgotten forever.

What you mention would not last anyways since Wally is bouncing around the dark multiverse. It would actually be worse to bring that in now since HIC wouldn't have happened, according to the story, to begin with with that.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    As much as I would love that still doesn't make it worth them dragging out Wally the killer thing. That just needs to be revealed to never have been Wally at all and then buried and forgotten forever.

What you mention would not last anyways since Wally is bouncing around the dark multiverse. It would actually be worse to bring that in now since HIC wouldn't have happened, according to the story, to begin with with that.
    We'll have to wait and see how DCU in whole responds to HIC in terms of long term stories.

I honestly don't care about HIC at all if Roy comes back somehow. There was no one else that King killed that really mattered

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

It’s already a good step in the right direction.

I still believe a retcon is definitely on its way.

The podcast made it seem that Lobdell is going to ignore or not deal with Wally messing with the dead bodies of the heroes he killed, which was Wally's biggest crime in that series. Lobdell's reasoning for it is that Wally doesn't know or care about Booster or Harley so he shouldn't be bothered about trying to frame them.

BANNED

spoilers:

damn he's giving out a lot of future info i wonder if editorial will tell him to redo this

end of spoilers
    Is it just me or am I going to be getting the sense of Deja vu here ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The podcast made it seem that Lobdell is going to ignore or not deal with Wally messing with the dead bodies of the heroes he killed, which was Wally's biggest crime in that series. Lobdell's reasoning for it is that Wally doesn't know or care about Booster or Harley so he shouldn't be bothered about trying to frame them.
    So what would happen if Wally were to run into them during this series ?

Astonishing Member

We'll have to wait and see how DCU in whole responds to HIC in terms of long term stories.

I honestly don't care about HIC at all if Roy comes back somehow. There was no one else that King killed that really mattered
    Based on spoilers and assuming that 'the Leviathan is Roy theory' isn't true, I think that Flash Forward will bring him back.

Fantastic Member

He really did spoil quite a bit.

spoilers:
    A few more notes:

- the entire first issue takes place in the main universe
    - apparently, they're letting him keep the Wally/Linda dynamic from the Speed Buggy crossover as canon?
    - Linda has seen Wally's Sanctuary tapes
    - Wally will end up fighting the Crusaders which he teases as essentially being Wally vs. The Marvel Universe
    - Chunk will make an appearance in issue five
    - story is less about him seeking redemption as it is about him moving forward
    - acknowledges the last decade has been brutal for the character
    - people told him Wally is "really depressed because he murdered people" when he got the book and he disagrees about the murder part
    - says this is some long-term plan DC had which we know is rubbish
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Rend20; 07-25-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Hé also teased spoilers:
    Irey and Jai
    end of spoilers.

I’m sorry guys, but I’m becoming more and more optimistic about this mini. Most of the things sound great.

It kind of sounds like Lobdell is fighting against DC editorial to be honest. Or at least they may not be on the exact same page.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

spoilers:
    Wait, so does he not consider what Wally did in HiC murder or does he consider it second-degree murder? There's a rather large difference between the two and what Wally did was manslaughter at absolute worst. Even then, having the Speed Force explode on you doesn't even count as negligence, what with it having shown no signs of doing that ever before.
    end of spoilers

Also, Porter is a fine artist but he totally can't draw kids apparently. Huh, who knew?

Also, I'm sorry, even with Barry's reaction, I still think it's moronic to have two Wally West Kid Flashes in one DC Universe. Not bashing Wallace as a character but they really should have retconned the hell out of his name and origin when Wally came back.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.