Page 172 of 239 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3576
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    spoilers:
    Wait, so does he not consider what Wally did in HiC murder or does he consider it second-degree murder?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He said he thought it was second-degree manslaughter at best. But he's not sure if editorial agrees with him or not.
    end of spoilers

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I would.think after the huge negative back lash they would try to sweep HIC under the rug. But from what your saying it sounds like they are leaning into it.
    If they would, they wouldn't need Lobdell: there are plenty of better writers that would jump at the chance. I told you guys this wasn't a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It kind of sounds like Lobdell is fighting against DC editorial to be honest. Or at least they may not be on the exact same page.
    I doubt they're fighting: say what you will about Lobdell, he is a pro. He delivers on time, fulfills all mandates given to him and tries to maker something the audience at least won't hate hate while doing. Sure, he fails a lot, because most mandates given to him are crap.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Also, I'm sorry, even with Barry's reaction, I still think it's moronic to have two Wally West Kid Flashes in one DC Universe. Not bashing Wallace as a character but they really should have retconned the hell out of his name and origin when Wally came back.
    It's not that big of a deal.

Keanu Reeves has a cousin named Keanu.

Hal Jordan has a cousin named Hal Jordan that is also a superhero.

There are 2 Iris Wests and 2 "Bartholomew Henry Allens".

The reason there are two Wallaces now is completely accidental and cluster fuckey', but it lends itself well to Flash tradition.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Didn't see those jai and irey teases but damn
    end of spoilers hope this book delivers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It's not that big of a deal.

Keanu Reeves has a cousin named Keanu.

Hal Jordan has a cousin named Hal Jordan that is also a superhero.

There are 2 Iris Wests and 2 "Bartholomew Henry Allens".

The reason there are two Wallaces now is completely accidental and cluster fuckey', but it lends itself well to Flash tradition.
    Iris and Bart were named after their predecessors. Wallace is Wally because he was supposed to be Wally.

Hal's brother is Harold, who could go by Hal but he's not actually Hal. They're both Wallace Rudolph West.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Iris and Bart were named after their predecessors. Wallace is Wally because he was supposed to be Wally.
    Yes, they were. However, they are not anymore, and this doesn't have to be a big deal moving forward.

Hal's brother is Harold, who could go by Hal but he's not actually Hal. They're both Wallace Rudolph West.
    Cousin. And they both "Harold Jordan". Same difference.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Which podcast was this anyways? And where can I find it?

I know historyoftheflash just did one on Instagram. Is that the same one?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I'm currently rereading the Wally West Flash series from the 80s and 90s. It's among my favorites, especially the early parts of Mark Waid's run.

But I stopped buying new comics over 15 years ago. Every time I check in with this thread, I really feel like I'm better off having quit. I can go back and read my collection and enjoy those old stories, and there are enough of them to keep me occupied. The only comics I've bought recently were 30 year old back issues to fill in gaps in my collection. I have absolutely no interest in seeing how DC has mutilated my favorite characters (not just Wally) in the last decade or more.

But on a positive note, I just reread issues 53 and 54 of the old series. I really think those two issues were the absolute best of William Messner-Loebs's run.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Which podcast was this anyways? And where can I find it?

I know historyoftheflash just did one on Instagram. Is that the same one?
    https://soundcloud.com/user-44237172...dell-interview

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Thats the one. Thank you.

Most of the stuff he said was covered earlier by other posters.

One thing Lobdel mentioned from HIC which I thought was good was how stupid it was to make Wally frame two people. Because both of them couldn't have done it so one of them is innocent. And if one is a lie then probably both are.

Just another giant hole in an already non sensical story.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

spoilers:
    Wait, so does he not consider what Wally did in HiC murder or does he consider it second-degree murder? There's a rather large difference between the two and what Wally did was manslaughter at absolute worst. Even then, having the Speed Force explode on you doesn't even count as negligence, what with it having shown no signs of doing that ever before.
    end of spoilers

Also, Porter is a fine artist but he totally can't draw kids apparently. Huh, who knew?

Also, I'm sorry, even with Barry's reaction, I still think it's moronic to have two Wally West Kid Flashes in one DC Universe. Not bashing Wallace as a character but they really should have retconned the hell out of his name and origin when Wally came back.
    spoilers:
    Just listened to it. Lobdel said 2nd degree manslaughter at most and that Wally definitely should not be considered a murderer.
    end of spoilers

I agree with the Wallace point. It's really a diservice to bothe fans of Wally and Wallace.

For Wally fans a character that was created to replace and erase Wally puts a bad taste in their mouths and still even now that Wally is back Wallace retains many things that has been unique to Wally for decades the biggest one being his name.

For Wallace fans why would you want him to be a rip off of another character instead of his own character and just be looked down as a cheap knock off?

DC should have just done the smart move and retcon Wallace into something very distinct from Wally and into his own character. Starting with his name. Re naming him something like Justin West, the all new Kid Flash would make a world of difference imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
    I'm currently rereading the Wally West Flash series from the 80s and 90s. It's among my favorites, especially the early parts of Mark Waid's run.

But I stopped buying new comics over 15 years ago. Every time I check in with this thread, I really feel like I'm better off having quit. I can go back and read my collection and enjoy those old stories, and there are enough of them to keep me occupied. The only comics I've bought recently were 30 year old back issues to fill in gaps in my collection. I have absolutely no interest in seeing how DC has mutilated my favorite characters (not just Wally) in the last decade or more.

But on a positive note, I just reread issues 53 and 54 of the old series. I really think those two issues were the absolute best of William Messner-Loebs's run.
    Well said and you are correct. It's not worth checking out current day comics especially to see DC destroy one of your favorite characters. Comics should bring fun and entertainment and Wally has a lot of those in his series. Something which the current comics will not bring you.

Issues 53 and 54 are great issues. Wally's interaction with Superman in 53 is a lot of fun and 54 when Wally saves the flight attendant in free fall is one of my favorite issues ever.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

They should rename wallace west to ace west "a regular ace among speedsters".
    spoilers:
    i am excited for wally meeting linda. But the thing that worries me is ties to hic. If they are going not going to sweep it under the rug fully. Then they should make wally redeem himself or base an arc dealing with his actual crimes. That is the framing and defiling of the dead bodies. The man slaughter was an accident at best. That is not the actual problem most people have with hic's wally. If they are not going to do that they shouldn't mention it in the first place. It will just leave a bad taste in the mouth.just sweep it under the rug like nothing happened.
    The thing is he defiled not only bodies of strangers, but also roy's. Being a hero, framing someone is a shitty thing to do even to a stranger. I hope he doesn't bring that kind of logic into the book.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-25-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    They should rename wallace west to ace west "a regular ace among speedsters".
    I wish he just went by Rudy.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Nah, the Flash is and has been a mess for a good decade but DC still puts out plenty of fine comics. I actually think they're doing really well now with stuff like Wonder Comics, Morrison's Green Lantern, the Superman line and Doomsday Clock, plus those twelve-issue maxiseries by Tom King from the past few years are all pretty brilliant - Mister Miracle especially.

DC is all over the place as a publisher (pros: ending double shipping, good quality paper, actively expanding beyond the Direct Market; cons: editorial tripping over one another, a few random $5 comics for a literal couple of extra story pages, censorship and meddling from the suits) but I really don't agree with the notion that they aren't publishing any good to great comics.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I wish he just went by Rudy.
    Rudy definitely works.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.